Don't have an account? Create one!

FLW used in ITV1 show :O

AuthorMessage
squishyXcore
Fabulous Killjoy
squishyXcore
March 3rd, 2007 at 09:22pm
I think it's great that MCR have gotten so big and popular. They are reaching so many more people everyday and spreading their message to so many fans out there, and isn't that what they wanted all along? To get their message out to people who needed to hear it?

I also completely agree with the annoying fact that there are so many people who call them selves fans who don't get their message, they just like how "HaWt" Gerard is, or how high up their latest single is on the top twenty countdown.
But i'm trying to tell myself that it really doesn't matter if thoses people love them truly for their music or just for their fame, cause in the end if they're not true fans, they'll get tired of them and become obsessed with another band the next week.
I love them and they have made such a huge impact on my life, and that's really all that matters to me.

I'd much rather have MCR being big and have a great impact on a lot more people's lives and taking the chance of having a crapload of untrue fans than them still being a small band form Jersey with a pretty great fanbase and that's it.

My Chem are gonna be along for a long time, I truly belive this. Even if they stop making new albums within the next few years, they're gonna be remembered. I want there to be a time when I tell my kids, 20 years from now, that I saw MCR live and for them to be so amazed and actually know whoi i'm talking about. That would never happen if MCR stayed the way they were a few years back.

That's my opinion and I completely understand where other people are coming from when they miss the 'sacredness' of MCR. I miss that too. But overall, the way they are now just seems perfect to me.

Lawl....i rant too much...
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
March 4th, 2007 at 01:07am
^ Naw you're totally right! I really like the way you put that! Nothing else matters as long as we are loyal! lol
squishyXcore
Fabulous Killjoy
squishyXcore
March 4th, 2007 at 08:18am
x_pansy:
^ Naw you're totally right! I really like the way you put that! Nothing else matters as long as we are loyal! lol
Lol, thanks.
=]
Little 15
Motor Baby
Little 15
March 7th, 2007 at 04:33pm
demolitionjo:
I think this just shows HOW popular/commercial (if you like) the mcr music has got. If anyone's in England and is watching ITV1, the new series "The Bad Mother's Handbook" had Famous Last Words playing in the background of one scene where the "teenage daughter" character was being especially "moody".
There was even an MCR poster on her bedroom wall.

Sorry to sound harsh but can you imagine them using "Our Lady of Sorrows" in the background of a primetime television programme? I love MCR and I AM still a fan, I just think this is proof how much they've changed.

Discuss Smile

haha my friend told me about this...i'm gonna check youtube for it
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
March 7th, 2007 at 05:41pm
i just heard This is how i disappear in what i think was an advert for the programme primeval on itv1. I was pretty surprised cos i've never heard an mcr song on an advert before, so yh just thought i should say
exterminate.
Shotgun Sinner
exterminate.
March 7th, 2007 at 05:43pm
^Meh I said that lol. Its like on the previous page, someone else heard it too. So we weren't imagining it lol! Very Happy. Im like 100& its TIHID
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
March 7th, 2007 at 05:46pm
hehehe, oops sorry, yh i just kinda skipped to the last page cos i saw the thread just after i'd heard it! Very Happy
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
March 7th, 2007 at 05:51pm
yh it definately is TIHID cos when i heard it i ran into the living room and practically yelled 'this is my chemical romance!!'. my mum just looked at me strangely and was all like 'okay, calm down'
Synyster Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Synyster Gates
March 9th, 2007 at 12:28pm
i was so shocked when i heard TIHID on that advert. i never expected it one bit.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
March 9th, 2007 at 08:13pm
What's advert? o_o
And, why are they using Mcr songs?..
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 9th, 2007 at 08:45pm
A TV commercial...
And because they want to. Why is it such a big deal?
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
March 9th, 2007 at 10:19pm
Oh, I thought advert was some kind of medicine,
That's why I got a little freaked out. xD
EarlySunsets
Bleeding on the Floor
EarlySunsets
March 11th, 2007 at 09:46am
I agree with you guys. I get really annoyed by all the "fans" that only likes them because Gerard is so hot. I mean, yeah of course we discuss their looks sometimes, and they really are good-looking guys. But I mean, I really don't give a shit about that. And My chemical romance is the one band I really love, and as one of you said (can't remember right now..), they have a huge impact on me, and on my life. By listening to their music and everything, I've actually grown stronger.

And it's so great that their music is reaching out to more people now, but still. I don't want to seem selfish or something, but the distance is getting bigger between MCR and the fans, and like.. People are starting to call them the next Queen, and that's huge. They really deserve it though, but I kind of miss the old MCR..

I don't know, this post just got really messy.
But I still love them just as much as I used to, and I always will!
In my opinion, they're the greatest band ever. <3
Pansy.
Always Born a Crime
Pansy.
March 11th, 2007 at 10:18am
I hop the fame doesn't get to their heads. D;
EarlySunsets
Bleeding on the Floor
EarlySunsets
March 11th, 2007 at 03:58pm
Yeah, I've been thinking about that too.. But I really doubt that will happen, I mean.. Yeah, I dunno, they just seem really nice and down-to-earth.
exterminate.
Shotgun Sinner
exterminate.
March 11th, 2007 at 04:02pm
I've said before but not every fan since TBP is a teenie. I think I probably apprieciate MCR just as much as some old fans. I hate being called a teenie. I think them just being on a programme is good for them.
EarlySunsets
Bleeding on the Floor
EarlySunsets
March 12th, 2007 at 01:14pm
Wow, I just watched a video with MCR signing after a concert, and this girl took Gerard by surprise and gave him a hug.
And then security just grabbed her Shocked I mean, what the hell did they think she'd to, shoot him??
That's when it really hit me that, wow, they're getting famous.
HaHaHaHa.
Really Not Okay
HaHaHaHa.
March 15th, 2007 at 05:46pm
Damn, I gotta watch more TV. I spend so much time on the computer that Ive even been missing Hollyoaks Disgust I shall watch TV tomorrow night: The Simpsons, Hollyoaks, Eastenders, UGLY BETTY, I missed one episode Disgust

[[Oopsi I spammed]] Dance
EarlySunsets
Bleeding on the Floor
EarlySunsets
March 15th, 2007 at 05:50pm
Venomistically..:
Damn, I gotta watch more TV. I spend so much time on the computer that Ive even been missing Hollyoaks Disgust I shall watch TV tomorrow night: The Simpsons, Hollyoaks, Eastenders, UGLY BETTY, I missed one episode Disgust

[[Oopsi I spammed]] Dance

Yay, The Simpsons Very Happy Dance
I'm the master of spam Shocked
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
March 16th, 2007 at 03:10pm
I have to weigh in here...

I do know this: I have always been the kind of person who avoids the status quo. Had I been aware of MCR's hugeness before I went to go see them (and subsequently became so addicted that I had to read everything with their name on it and thus learned how popular they actually are) this would never have happened, and I would have missed out, I must say.

Sometimes I do go back and check something out when the hoopla dies down and find out I like it and have denied myself something pleasurable for absolutely no reason other than stubborness, but that's me for ya.

The "teenies" you refer to - there are different groups of those, no? Some are just young people that love the band and others are psycho fans who turn up at Bob's mother's restaurant and request her so they can gawk unabashedly at her, or drive to NJ and just stand outside of Mike and Gee's house staring at it. This could be why that security guard was hired. It's freaking the guys out, and I have proof:

Check out Metal Hammer's cover story on MCR. Gerard keeps reiterating that the band took off super fast and it's not their fault that that happened - they were just trying to put out a killer album. And that the stalker fans are scaring everybody and making them want to withdraw - so they are ruining it for others in that respect, but that's always what happens isn't it?

Yes, I admit I'm upset that I missed the boat on their accessibility to fans, and I do worry that they'll became detached or jaded, but then again, remember that Gerard has always maintained that when the music stops meaning something, they'll stop so...

As for the ads, that must be only in Europe because there is NOTHING here and I watched "Friday Night Lights" religiously (until it bloody disappeared grrr.)

The quote from "Disenchanted" was ironic but, having worked for a label, I do believe they own the licensing, not the band.

I dunno...what's the alternative?