Don't have an account? Create one!

T in The Park Festival.

AuthorMessage
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
February 22nd, 2007 at 02:31pm
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that the T in the Park organisers have just released this years line-up and MCR are going to be there!

*screams and faints*

Line-up and Information - Click HERE!

Tickets go on sale Saturday 24th at 9am, I will update once I've found out more.
It does say the line-up placement may change, MCR are currently on the NME Stage on Saturday before the Kooks, but the day is unlikely to change.

(I started this because on the UK thread, a moderator has suggested having an individual thread for each UK show/festival - so please don't shut me down)
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
February 22nd, 2007 at 02:36pm
I think this is a good idea, but I'll edit the topic name a bit, I hope you don't mind.
Also;

T in the Park is a major Scottish music festival, held annually since 1994. It is named after its main sponsor, Tennents. It was originally held at Strathclyde Park, and since 1997 has been held at Balado, near Kinross.

2007 festival:
The 2007 festival has been confirmed to take place on the 7th and 8th of July 2007. The first 35,000 tickets went on sale shortly after the 2006 festival and were sold within 70 minutes.

The headliners have been confirmed as Arctic Monkeys, The Killers and Snow Patrol. Also playing are My Chemical Romance, Bloc Party, The Kooks, Arcade Fire plus several more have been confirmed.
T in Park 2007 will be a 3 day festival. Friday's music will only be available to those with camping passes.
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
February 22nd, 2007 at 03:21pm
Thanks, that's great!

I would highly recommend this festival, the line-up is incredible, it's not so big that you won't get near the stages, and the crowd is always awesome.
I've been 4 times and have never been disappointed!
katexcore
Jazz Hands
katexcore
February 23rd, 2007 at 01:00pm
Hmmmmm, I wonder if I can get to Scottland?
That would mean I'd see MCR 4 times this year!
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
February 24th, 2007 at 05:06am
Phew, only just managed to get Saturday tickets (thank god cause that's when MCR are playing!).
If anyone has Weekend or Sunday tickets to sell please let me know.
I'm just praying they don't change the line-up days (they said it's provisional at the moment.)
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
February 24th, 2007 at 05:19am
My sister said to me that she thinks they only put MCR before the kooks and atter babyshambles because MCR could get bottled and the festival could get publicity....
i really hope not!
sorry if no one agrees i just thought i would say this!
Lottie XXX
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
February 24th, 2007 at 05:47am
You could be right! I was really surprised they haven't got them top of the bill, although Kooks are popular over here, they are nowhere near as big as MCR! I'm not sure what's going on, I just hope all the MCR fans are stay safe, away from drunken neds!
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
February 24th, 2007 at 07:25am
Burn all the Empires:
You could be right! I was really surprised they haven't got them top of the bill, although Kooks are popular over here, they are nowhere near as big as MCR! I'm not sure what's going on, I just hope all the MCR fans are stay safe, away from drunken neds!

i know it makes me nervous!
but it would be pretty cool to go see babyshambles then MCR!
Lottie XXX
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
April 13th, 2007 at 04:10pm
Burn all the Empires:
Thanks, that's great!

I would highly recommend this festival, the line-up is incredible, it's not so big that you won't get near the stages, and the crowd is always awesome.
I've been 4 times and have never been disappointed!

hey i hope this is considered "important enough to add"

you've been 4 times?
what is it like for bringing in digital cameras?
i know that at a lot of gigs they are against this but still a lot of people manage to smuggle them in.
i figured what with being a music festival rather than just a show, they might be a little stricter. is it worth risking it? i'm always really upset when i decide to play it safe and see other people managed to get theirs in.
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
April 13th, 2007 at 09:50pm
Hey 'Gather Round Piggies'!
Yeah I've been 4 times, but that was since 1997, the last one was when Green Day headlined.
I'm not sure about digital cameras, you could check the T in the Park website and it should give you the info on there. I find it easier to get stuff in to festivals because they expect you to have a certain amount of stuff with you as it's an all day event, so they don't mind bags, rucksacs etc... They usually check them, but the best place to put a camera is in your bra!!!!!!!!!! (depending on the size of the camera and the size of your chest!).
I don't know if they have metal detectors now, but they never used to, so you might be ok.
Hope this helps!
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
April 14th, 2007 at 06:32am
ahaha, or sometimes I find hiding it in my sock works, not if you're wearing skinnys though Wink
thankyou! I have checked the website and of course they say not to bring them, but that is alllwaaays the rule when I go to a gig, and everytime, plenty people seem to have theirs with them.
I think I shall bring it just in case, suss the place out, and if it looks too risky give it to my dad Very Happy
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
April 29th, 2007 at 11:00am
MCR's myspace says they are playing in Denmark on 7th of July Shocked I hope this means they are playing there aswell as T? I hate the uncertainty, this gig has me well and truly stressed out, does anybody have their tickets yet?
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
April 29th, 2007 at 12:33pm
Gather Round Piggies:
MCR's myspace says they are playing in Denmark on 7th of July Shocked I hope this means they are playing there aswell as T? I hate the uncertainty, this gig has me well and truly stressed out, does anybody have their tickets yet?

I'll go with their website. it says on their website they are at T in the park that day and that denmark is the day before (6th). it was probably just a lil typing error on their myspace. (well, thats what im hoping anyway lol).

(i'm going to t in the park too)
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
April 29th, 2007 at 02:34pm
You know it didn't even occur to me to check their website, thanks, have your tickets arrived yet?
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
April 29th, 2007 at 07:48pm
You had me panicking for a second then - but I have tickets for both days! *wipes brow*
The tickets usually don't get sent out until about 6 weeks before, maybe even later.
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
April 30th, 2007 at 03:42am
Sorry! Laughing I thought that might be the case, I didn't get my tickets from good old reliable ticketmaster, so I'm still living in fear of my tickets never arriving, we got an email from the website, so they've deffinately taken our money Laughing
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
May 4th, 2007 at 11:32am
Hey guys, how do you find out the running order of the bands?

EDIT: Happy Birthday Empires!
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
May 14th, 2007 at 12:56pm
^ What's a running order? XD
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
May 14th, 2007 at 08:55pm
Gather Round Piggies:
Hey guys, how do you find out the running order of the bands?

EDIT: Happy Birthday Empires!

Thanks! I'm a bit late in reading it but thanks!

The line-up is here and that should pretty much be the running order, but it does say 'subject to change'. T in the Park Line-Up

MCR are on the NME/Radio 1 Stage on Saturday.

Yay - only about 7 weeks to go! Dance

EDIT: @MCR! A running order is just which order the bands play in on the stages.
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
May 15th, 2007 at 08:11am
Thank you, and no problem! Hope your birthday was a great day!
So what time does T in the Park officially begin?
What time can we assume MCR will play at?

EDIT: Hey Blue, long time no speak! XD