Don't have an account? Create one!

03/27/2007 - Glasgow, UK - S.E.C.C.

AuthorMessage
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
February 22nd, 2007 at 04:02pm
The UK thread is being seperated into individual threads, so I thought I'd start one for the Glasgow SECC concert on Tuesday 27th March.

I did ask on the UK thread if anyone was going, but there was no reply, I'm beginning to think I'm the only one on INO going to any concerts in Scotland.Crying or Very sad (at least I'll get to the front!).

Is there anyone going?
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
February 22nd, 2007 at 05:29pm
I'm going. The SECC is a great venue, I've always found it quite easy to get to the front when I've been there in the past.

I know quite a few people in my year are going (haven't decided yet whether that's a good thing or not :S) so I can guarantee there will be at least 10 people in the audience!
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
February 22nd, 2007 at 06:23pm
Yay! Maybe a lot of the fans in Scotland don't go on INO, or don't know about it, I've hardly come across anyone! It's nice to meet you, and I can't wait for the concert.
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
February 23rd, 2007 at 04:55am
I think that quite a few people probably bought tickets when WTTBP first came out but then went off the band a bit, hence not posting on message boards.

Do you think there's any need to get there especially early? I'll have to take the day off anyway to get up to glasgow but I was planning on looking round the shops in the afternoon (poor deprived country child that i am). I'll queue for a few hours if I have to but whenever I've been to the secc in the past I've turned up when the doors were opening and I've still got to the front, or near enough anyway. Will there be a whole load of crazy 11am queues or not?
Lou2006
Killjoy
Lou2006
February 23rd, 2007 at 07:01am
2 of my sister's friends are going, so there's two more people lol.

I'm not Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I think it's all sold out anyway.

Lou.x
BewareRawr
Killjoy
BewareRawr
February 24th, 2007 at 07:04pm
Im goin! i payed £130 for 2 tix.....And i cant find anyone to go with!!! They are sold out but if yooh pay alot of money yooh can get them on e-bay or tickettout.com!
Cant wait for the concert!! x
Serenity
Fabulous Killjoy
Serenity
March 9th, 2007 at 01:33pm
I'm thinking of going to this, if I can find anyone to go with me and get the tickets from ebay! I am going to ask my little sis. Also I am kinda worried that I would be the oldest person there, lol (I am 21!).
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 9th, 2007 at 01:44pm
Hey Kirsty!
You definitely won't be the oldest person because I'm 27 and going on my own!
I do actually have a spare ticket, if you wanted to buy that, and then you wouldn't have to pay ebay prices.
Just PM me if you want it!
Jenni
Serenity
Fabulous Killjoy
Serenity
March 9th, 2007 at 01:52pm
I wouldn't want to go by myself though! Or do lots of people do that? Oh wait I just read your post again and it says you are. *thinks*
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 9th, 2007 at 02:05pm
I went to the gig in November by myself as well, which was weird because I'd never been to a concert on my own, but there were definitley others on their own. It's not so bad being older because that usually = taller, so I got a really good view without being squashed in the moshpit, and kids who are acting stupid tend to stay away from you! (There was a guy about 16 there who was randomly doing impressions of Borat and licking peoples faces, so I just gave him a look and he backed off, hee, hee).

EDIT: I've just moved up to Headfirst for Halos with this post!*dances* Dance
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
March 9th, 2007 at 02:09pm
I go to gigs with my mates but as soon as the show starts we tend to seperate. Some of them are happier standing at the back and some want to be right in the thick of it etc. So I'm usually on my own during gigs anyway and it's not a problem, it just leaves you free to have a good time and not worry about other people.

Also, I would never pay ebay prices for tickets!

EDIT: Disgust It bugs me that i'm only 'joining the black parade.' While i may be relatively new to the internet I've been an mcr fan for many years(well at least 3...) Ahaha
Serenity
Fabulous Killjoy
Serenity
March 9th, 2007 at 02:47pm
I really want to go now! None of my friends want to go cos they are all too "cool" for MCR (sigh). But I am happy to do stuff by myself, so yeah I think I will go. Only thing is the 600 mile round trip but not so much of a problem as I have a flat in Glasgow for uni anyway so yeah Smile

Also congrats Burn all the Empires on the upgrade, but princeiona it is only a title (says the person with 5 posts).
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 9th, 2007 at 05:52pm
Hey princeiona, I've only moved up because I have no life and practically live on INO, in fact I'm thinking of having my mail redirected here!

What time is every going to start queing (sp)?
I'm driving down from Aberdeen (~3hour drive) and haven't decided what time to aim for. I don't fancy sitting outside for hours on my own, but I'll do it to get a good place, I suppose if I get there and the queue is only small I could just sleep in my car until it starts to fill up (LOL - as long as I don't sleep through and miss the concert, that's exactly the stupid kind of thing I would do!).
At the Barrowlands I queued for about 1 and a half hours, and got about 8 rows back from the stage, but the SECC is HUGE compared to there!
Ok now I'm getting excited *the butterflies are fluttering in my tummy* it's not too long to go, only 18 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gee-Rox!
Killjoy
Gee-Rox!
March 13th, 2007 at 10:26am
I'm driving down from up near Inverness, does anyone know the capacity for Glasgow's SECC? It says on my ticket doors open at 6.30pm, any idea what time the show finishes? I'm going down with a friend and her 14 year old sister, her mum doesn't want her stay overnight in Glasgow, god knows why, I'm thinking i might end up too worn out to drive home the same night. I felt wrecked driving back from a Kaiser Chiefs gig in Glasgow last week, had to pull over 5 miles from home 'cos I was so tired i started hallucinating, I had Bullets at full volume on my MP3 player to help me stay awake. I don't wanna crash and burn driving home.
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 13th, 2007 at 11:24am
Hi Gee-rox - Welcome to INO!

I checked the SECC website and it says that it has a capacity for concerts between 3000 - 10,000 (because there are different halls). I would think MCR will be in the big 10,000 capacity hall, every other concert I've been to was in there.
I know how you feel about driving, I'm driving up and down on the same day from Aberdeen (I have to work at 10am the next morning), but that road to Inverness can be a nightmare, I don't envy you! I was really tired when I drove back after seeing them at the Barrowlands, and to be honest I really shouldn't have been driving. The only good thing about the drive back was, about half way home, I was the only car on the road, and I had MCR on (of course) and the sky was clear and black then I saw the biggest, brightest shooting star I've ever seen! I made a wish but I've forgotten what it was!
Can you share the driving? I'm probably going to sleep in my car for a while before I set off (if I can get to sleep after being so excited!).
I can understand why your friends mum wouldn't want her 14 year old staying in Glasgow, but there is a hotel attached to the SECC, although I think it would be pretty expensive!
Good luck, see you there!
Serenity
Fabulous Killjoy
Serenity
March 13th, 2007 at 11:54am
Hi Gee-Rox,

On the secc website it says it will be hall 3 which looks like around 5000 max.

Edit "4,656 and 5,852 for seated/standing and all standing concerts respectively."
disenchantedhelena
Killjoy
disenchantedhelena
March 13th, 2007 at 12:08pm
Hi, 1st time poster here though joined a while back. Only 2 weeks to go Very Happy

Worried about the age thing also, there are 3 of us going and don't want to be the oldest there lol. Not too sure whether to see the support or not, are they good? I guess it all depends on wether we see them what time we start queing.

Burn all the Empires - don't envy your trip back, you'll be knackered by the time you get home but you will be on such a high it will be so worth it.

Fiona
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 13th, 2007 at 12:14pm
Hi Fifitrix29!

Welcome to INO posting!

I'm 27 and going on my own (so I'll stick out like a sore-thumb!), although I'm hopefully meeting up with a couple of INOers in the queue!
If you don't mind me asking how old are you guys? The great advantage of being older is that noone really messes with you and it usually means you're taller than most so good view!
(i'm having Deja Vu - i think I already said this up there! Nevermind it's not often I repeat myself, i'm having De....................(only kidding!).
I have to say I'm not sure about the support, although they are friends with MCR and i've heard good stuff about them, so it might be worth it just to get a good spot and get warmed up!
Serenity
Fabulous Killjoy
Serenity
March 13th, 2007 at 12:17pm
Hi Fiona!!

I think Thursday will be worth seeing! Have you got any of their music? if you don't try and download some. If you can't get it anywhere else I can upload some for you but I can't do that until Sunday.

Kirstin
disenchantedhelena
Killjoy
disenchantedhelena
March 13th, 2007 at 12:28pm
Hi, my friend and I are both 29 (almost 30!!) and my sister is 32. There's bound to be some older than us, surely. We certainly don't feel or act our age so that's something i suppose lol.

Kept meaning to download some Thursday music but never got round to it. Think i shall do it tonight so can decide what for sure whether to see them or not.