Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
March 29th, 2007 at 01:46pm
fifitrix29:
What an amazing night! They put on some show Very Happy

Just on a downer now that it is all over Sad

Would love to go and see them again.

i know, i get really depressed once it's over, lucky for me i'm going to see them again hopefully in july, but if i weren't i'd be very down.

edit: hey are we allowed to post photographs from the show on this thread too?
i didn't take my camera in but i know a lot of people did, it would be cool to see some pictures.
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
March 29th, 2007 at 04:24pm
Ahh i'm all down now as well, i'm going to download though so i'll get my next mcr fix soon enough.

Where are you seeing them in July?
I guess you could post photos here or at least link to wherever you did post them.

I think i've found a live clip on youtube that the person stood next to me took, you can hear me singing really badly on it Sad haha
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 29th, 2007 at 06:02pm
I'd love to see peoples pics of even clips if they have them.

Pretty much all my pics came out crappy, but i took this one before Thursday came on. See if you can spot yourself Wink

Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 29th, 2007 at 07:39pm
princeiona:
Did anyone else see Ray almost set his afro alight when all the sparks came down? Or Gerard's bright yellow trainers for the revenge set? Or Bob's amazing striped socks?
Also, the woman that kept yelling something about raffle tickets at the queue, did anyone know what that was about? We got all panicky that we needed 'special tickets' to get in or something...

Hey,
I queued from 5.30am (there were others who had been there from the previous night!), and I was about 15th in the queue, when we eventually got to queue inside (we started outside in the tunnel), the kids in front were sneaking there friends in gradually, the people behind (who had just driven straight from Nottingham) said they had done a number system before so noone could push in, she suggested it to them but they said no, and kept sneaking people in. Eventually one of the SECC managers came along with raffle tickets and handed out the numbers so that everyone could keep their place and noone else could push in, so that's what the tickets were for, although I ended up No. 28! (I should have been about 16!).
Then after 13 hours of queuing when they opened the doors people started pushing and I got stopped from going through, eventually when they let me, the guards were only letting people to one side of the f*cking barrier, so I ended up practically at the end of the barrier on the left, meaning that those that queued a LOT later got to be at the barrier in the f*cking middle - I couldn't believe it, but I know I shouldn't complain because it was still an incredible view even though it was way past the end of the stage.

And I met FRANK!

I noticed the Fro nearly catching fire as well! I was like Ray just move, that would have been awful, he could have ended up with a singed fro! The yellow sneakers were so cute, in Birmingham when they came on for Revenge, Gerard asked everyone to say welcome MCR to the stage and his yellow sneakers! LOL!

That's enough waffling from me for the moment!
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 29th, 2007 at 08:19pm
The SECC is a weird place, and the security are the fucking worst around because they are so stupid and so arrogant. I saw they were stopping people on the way in randomly for searching, i just walked past and didnt stop, they've never done that before, and i dont think they've done the whole queing system before either. And as for getting in, i was told to keep moving to the left as well, so i had to go to the left, then run to the right to get to the merch before the show started, then run back to the left to get a good spot. But like i said before, i arrived at 6.20pm on the day and i got to the front left of the stage, so its obvious the people queing from the previous night really got a bad deal.
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 29th, 2007 at 09:11pm
Actually you must have been right next to me!
To be honest I thought the security people were really good compared to Birmingham, but yeah they could have sorted out the queuing system earlier, and not stopped us going all along the barrier, but apart from that they were really good. After the gig the security guy at the back was really nice and helpful, because he told us the truth about them, and not lied pretending they had gone, he told us the best place to stand and which was there bus and who was inside etc..... and because of that everyone remained calm and waited patiently, he really was good and if it wasn't for him it could be possible that Frank might not have come out. Every other gig I've been to, the guards have lied, shouted and been really nasty, I might actually write to the SECC/Rock Steady and thank them, but also complain about the barrier!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually the more I think about it the better they were because they came along the queue with cups and bins for everyone to put their drinks in (in Birm they sold them to us inside the NIA but didn't tell us about cups until we got to the arena doors and that held us up), and they also came and told us about we were and weren't allowed in, and one the guards even took stuff off people to put in the cloakroom for them, they also handed out the raffle tickets so we could keep our places.
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 29th, 2007 at 09:24pm
Well they are sorta split down the middle really. They can be really good, or really bad. Just depends. It was cool they were handing out water to everyone, i had a few cups Smile I just didnt appreciated some security guy grabbing me by the wrist and trying to pull my camera of me. That pissed me off. The last concert i was at the SECC they were kicking a lot of people out for the silliest of things, like standing in the seated area etc. Just depends really. Some are good, some are bad.

And i was right under the speaker stack on the left, so maybe you were close to me!
frank_rox_my_sox
Killjoy
frank_rox_my_sox
March 30th, 2007 at 06:45am
hey i went it was great.Was right down the front.Fantastic.Best yet.!

Am new to the boards by the way.I was probaly standing talkin to you lol i talk to any one lol
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
March 30th, 2007 at 12:03pm
princeiona:
Ahh i'm all down now as well, i'm going to download though so i'll get my next mcr fix soon enough.

Where are you seeing them in July?
I guess you could post photos here or at least link to wherever you did post them.

I think i've found a live clip on youtube that the person stood next to me took, you can hear me singing really badly on it Sad haha

i'm going to see them at T in the Park, that is if the tickets ever arrive.
frank_rox_my_sox
Killjoy
frank_rox_my_sox
March 31st, 2007 at 05:16am
Stardom:

i'm going to see them at T in the Park, that is if the tickets ever arrive.

Crying or Very sad Lucky you.I cant see them i am on holiday

have fun though Very Happy
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
March 31st, 2007 at 06:40am
^ thankyou very much, i'm still dreading the thought of my tickets turning out to be fake, since we didn't order them from ticketmaster, but i think that's just cause i'm so desperate to go. i'm sorry you can't go Sad i was supposed to be going on holiday that day haha but we postponed it so that i could go to TITP.
frank_rox_my_sox
Killjoy
frank_rox_my_sox
March 31st, 2007 at 09:47am
Well have a fab time.

i will record it on the tele lol .... Clap
shell-
Jazz Hands
shell-
April 4th, 2007 at 07:06pm
I WENT FUKIN BEST NYT OF MY LIFEEEE !!!!!!! Clap Dance
Gee-Rox!
Killjoy
Gee-Rox!
April 5th, 2007 at 03:02pm
MCR's Glasgow show was THE best night out of my life ever, they totaly blew me away!

I'm going to see them at T in the Park, if see anyone chuck any missiles at them all I can say is they'd better not be within slapping distance of me!
Dont_do_it
Killjoy
Dont_do_it
April 8th, 2007 at 12:54pm
i was at the gig..i it was amazing! but it still doesnt beat the Carling gig i must say.
but still, the zipper bit, haha! ah it was just so emotional and overwhelming at times Smile

and i met frank after. he was such a sweetie! here's our conversation:

Me: hey
F: hey *takes ticket to sign it*
Me: can i ask you something?
F: yeh sure
Me: did you get a book in Birmingham?
F: huh?
Me: a book
F: what? *thinks* oh yeh, the thing with the pipecleaners?
Me: *not sure* uhh, yeh
F: yeh
Me: have you read it?
F: no
Me: you should read it
F: ok i will *smiles*
Me: can i get a photo?
F: yeh
(i had my camera through the bars, so it was really close up)
Me: too close too close
F: *looks at me then puts his face right up to my camera and sticks his tongue out, almost licking it*
i was a bit startled so i didnt get the photo, just caught his shoulder ^_^
then he moved onto my firend who started asking him if he was looking forward to Download etc.

anyway here's the pics i got from meeting Frank

^ him saying 'hi mom' into someone's mobile Smile

oh when he went past us, my friend nicola asked Worm what the neck on his tatto was of:
W: a bird getting shot
N: why?
W: why not
Aimee (other friend): thats a bit philosophical dont you think?
W: *goes over the top* look, its just a tattoo! calm down!!

then when they were leaving, Worm stuck his finger up at us haha, so Nicola shouted 'haw, your cool!' then he turned round like 'i AM cool' then Nicola shouted 'love the tattoo' sarcastically. i dont think he liked us much hehe
Dont_do_it
Killjoy
Dont_do_it
April 12th, 2007 at 04:53am
meant to ask, during the gig, Gee wnet down on his knees, does anyone remember what song that was during? im pretty sure it was during the Revenge set, just cant remember what song...
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
April 13th, 2007 at 07:19am
I dont remember Gee being on his knees during any song : Confused I was over to the left of the stage though so i didnt see much of him, saw lots of Frankie and some of Mikey though Razz

And those are great pics of Frank! How long did you have to wait to meet him, and where did you wait?
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
April 13th, 2007 at 07:44am
Hey there!

I don't remember Gerard on his knees either, but I was really far to the left past the stage at the barrier, so I might have missed it.

Frank came out maybe about 12midnight (?) I can't remember exactly, it was kind of in shock, (and still am)! I waited until about 2.30am when they had all left, but noone else came out but we did see Mikey, Bob and Ray get on the bus. Apparently Gerard gets on pretty much straight away and goes to sleep (not sure if this is true).
Gee-Rox!
Killjoy
Gee-Rox!
April 13th, 2007 at 03:41pm
Wow you waited 'till 2.30am, that's dedication!, I was with people and had to leave pretty much staight after (note; I'll wait 'til the end of time to meet Gee, yeah I know that's beyond corny!).

I don't remeber him going down on his knees, maybe it happened whilst I was getting mashed by frantic teenies! I got a real good clip of Gerard on my mobile singing Ghost Of You, showed it to a friend who said "is he having some sort of epilectic fit!", I replied, "NO!, he just REALLY loves to rock, he gives it everything!".
Dont_do_it
Killjoy
Dont_do_it
April 13th, 2007 at 04:24pm
lol ah well maybe i imagined it! but i am pretty sure he went down, 'cause i was like 'oooh hes down on his knees!'

Frank came out about 11:30 (since thats the time the pics were taken)
and we had to go round the back of the SECC to where all the buses and things were, but we had to go out onto the road and walk along a fence to where the tour buses were and wait there. a friend of mine waited until 2:30 as well, i gave her my ticket so she could get it signed by the rest if they came out, but they didnt. she wasnt too chuffed lol