messes with them i defend them. i read about them. i sing there songs
i play there songs they saved my life. but today my girlfreind broke up with me
and mcr was one of the reasons

what about you?
greeneyedgurl
Fabulous Killjoy
greeneyedgurl
February 23rd, 2007 at 08:05pm
its stupid your girlfriend broke up with because of a band you like. i lost many friends since i have started listening to MCR. lol the people i used to be friends with think that the video for Welcome to the Black Parade is scary!
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
February 23rd, 2007 at 08:06pm
It totally affects my life. And I'm sure it affects everyone's lives on INO.

MCR makes people like me. It makes people hate me. MCR has changed my life both ways- for better and for worse.

But mostly better. The bad things, like people calling me emo and thinking me weird, I can totally handle. I can even handle my parents thinking I'm some kind of goth princess.

But the good things- I'm so thankful for them. I've realised that I have to be true to my heart and not take anything from anyone. I've learnt to be myself and not care what anyone else thinks.

So yes, this band has affected my life. And I'm totally happy about that.
Ballroom Blitz
Bleeding on the Floor
Ballroom Blitz
February 23rd, 2007 at 08:34pm
They are just a band that I like and like.

...I wouldn't say that they dramatically changed my life.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 24th, 2007 at 01:54am
Well, I'm on this site...so I guess so. But no, they didn't "save me".
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
February 24th, 2007 at 02:03am
Well, I defend them constantly, went to their music when I had suicidal thoughts, and would do anything to meet them (to thank them).
I think the music they are making, and the message they are trying to send, is really what people should focus on. I hate it when it's shoved into a category because of the makeup they put on or the clothes they wear.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 24th, 2007 at 03:00am
TheSleepless:
Well, I defend them constantly, went to their music when I had suicidal thoughts, and would do anything to meet them (to thank them).
I think the music they are making, and the message they are trying to send, is really what people should focus on. I hate it when it's shoved into a category because of the makeup they put on or the clothes they wear.
It sux that they must be defended.
Mad World.
Shotgun Sinner
Mad World.
February 24th, 2007 at 03:34am
Well, let's see now...on the positive side, I probably wouldn't be sitting here had I not found them. They are absolutely the reason I went back to school. I don't know if I would have gone through with suicide if I hadn't found them. Really, I don't think I would have had the guts, but they did make me realize how stupid the idea was.

On the negative side, I can't be myself around my family anymore. Liking this band has brought out things in me that I can't deny anymore. I don't know if I like those things, which is probably why I've hid them, but I really do like the dark beauty of life. I don't want to be stereotyped. I can think and feel the things I do in an Abercrombie miniskirt just as easily as I can in a black t-shirt, jeans, and chucks. The problem is my family doesn't accept the lifestyle I want, so I have to hide it around them. I have to completely change myself between home and school. That I hate. I walk around everyday at school with my messenger bag, and it happens to be an MCR one. I've also put TBP 3" button on it. I know I've gotten looks and comments because of it. I can defend myself and the music, but only so much, and it's just plain fucked-up that we have to do that in the first place. I hope someone else knows what I'm talking about here.
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
February 24th, 2007 at 06:25am

They have done a hell of a lot for me, that is all I can say cos words won’t be able to sum it up.

tennant.
Full of Ephedrine
tennant.
February 24th, 2007 at 12:11pm
Well it gives me and my other MCR dedicated friends something to talk about. And I know it sounds really cheesy but a relative of mine died recently and listening to famous last words after the funeral cheered me right up.

But some of my mates who don't like MCR are starting to use MCR as a tool to start arguments with me. One even thinks that since MCR came into my life I've been neglecting her which is completely not true and anytime we (meaning me and fellow MCR obsessives) are talking about how hot Gerard happens to be she'll start moaning about how he is minging! Surprised and that it can't be good listenong to songs about death all the time and she won't listen when we say that they are not all about death and that death is something that comes to everyone and it is an issue that can't be swept under the carpet.
tennant.
Full of Ephedrine
tennant.
February 24th, 2007 at 12:12pm
sorry about that message I had a lot of stuff about that friend that I needed to let out.

And MCR provides me with a talking point with people in class who I don't normally get along with
IXPROMISE
Jazz Hands
IXPROMISE
February 24th, 2007 at 12:21pm
im glad im not the only one who feels this way
Ami von Grimm
Banned
Ami von Grimm
February 24th, 2007 at 04:45pm
I really have a mcr obsession. I love them so much. I love their music so much.
I'm most of the time doing something mcr-related: listening to their music, INO, 'making' my own mcr merch, drawing some mcr things or lyrics, watching their vids, ... and often talking about them... But my friends don't like them that much, so they dont understand me.
Immortal_Shadows
Jazz Hands
Immortal_Shadows
February 24th, 2007 at 08:37pm
I'm so happy that mcr fans really respect them so much! They have the best fans(apart from the teenies lol) Mcr really changed my life when i was really depressed and thought my life was going nowhere- when i listen to mcr, its like someone understands me at last. And i know i am not alone. These guys save lives with their music everyday and its extraordinary! Words cannot ever describe what they mean to me. They have taught me to love myself when i was full of self-loathing and self-pity and i love them for that. I've never tried to kill myself but i can't deny that the thought has passed my mind a few times but now i am even more determined to make something of my life, to follow my dreams and prove to everyone i can do it! I owe my soal to mcr, else i would be fucked up and damaged. They truely are superheroes!
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
February 25th, 2007 at 03:05am

I think it has.

I now have figures to look up to, ones that encourage you to be yourself and not to take any shit. I think that has affecte d me, their music brought a lot out of me that I didnt know, they brought me to know my true self, and now I feel more comfortable in my own skin.

They brought me to say things I couldnt say before, to be myself.

So yes, they have changed my life.
Ava Maria
Bleeding on the Floor
Ava Maria
February 25th, 2007 at 10:45am
They influenced me to go farther with the band thing.
Jake
Joining The Black Parade
Jake
February 25th, 2007 at 02:45pm
They've affected me moreso by the people they are than by their music. To be honest, ever since the whole TBP thing, I can't really stand to listen to their music. But I still like them a lot as people. That's what keeps me checking up on this site and stuff. And technically it's because of who they are that anyone likes them anyway. I mean, c'mon, be honest. If they were total douches {which sometimes I fear they're becoming}, would we really like them as much as we say? Probably not.
NxOhMissFriedxD
Killjoy
NxOhMissFriedxD
February 25th, 2007 at 03:21pm
well im addicated to all of the boards and talk about them all the time so some people get a little annoyed but it doesnt matter...then i just start talking to myself so no one can hear me...lol..i love it...
Pansycups Lover!!!
Killjoy
Pansycups Lover!!!
February 25th, 2007 at 03:40pm
NxOhMissFriedxD:
well im addicated to all of the boards and talk about them all the time so some people get a little annoyed but it doesnt matter...then i just start talking to myself so no one can hear me...lol..i love it...
you cant put pics in your signatures....i learned that the hard way...oh and i think that if she broke up with you for listening to MCR then she may have never really liked you to begin with...she should learn to see with her heart not with her eyes or in this case her ears....
Just a Trick
Jazz Hands
Just a Trick
February 25th, 2007 at 03:46pm
yes.
I love My Chem. that's it.
It comes to the point where I can't even concentrate in anything else, they are on my mind all the time. I cry each night when I go to bed because of them.
I thank them everyday and I love them and always will. It's not just about the music anymore, it's about who they are, the amazing people they. They are not just another band I like, they are my friends. and they are very good friends. I feel good (and sad) and I listen to their music or watch an interview with them.

Specially Gerard, he was there when no one else was.

most people are like, "WTF? their just a band, you're fucking stupid, it's pathetic"
But there is nothing I can do about those people, if me loving MCR is stupid and pathetic I guess I am just gonna have to live with that fact I'm stupid and pathetic. All I know is that I love MCR and that they changed my life, in a good and in a bad way, but still did, so thank you, My Chemical Romance

[I sound pretty...retarded]