Don't have an account? Create one!

Does liking this band affect your life?

AuthorMessage
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
July 4th, 2007 at 10:34pm
i have to admit...im a closet obsessive. my friends know i totally love them but not to the actual extent that i do. they'd rip the right piss out of me if they knew so whatever..

i spend most of my time writing their lyrics everywhere or listening to them and what not.

i wouldnt say i get proper weird looks or comments for liking them though..but i like to think people know i wouldnt take shit if they did. mcr helped me realised who i am. they gave me something to believe in and hold on to.

sometimes you just need to have faith in something, you know?
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 4th, 2007 at 10:39pm
Liking this band, loving this band, has altered my life. No one has any patience with me anymore, only you guys at least get my obsession, and you have, so many of you, been lovely and there for me when I needed it, even though sometimes we snipe at each other in here out of frustration and mutual paranoia LOL I still don't regret discovering MCR though. Wouldn't trade it, or you all, for the world.
nilrebna.
Awake and Unafraid
nilrebna.
July 5th, 2007 at 10:47am
I'm kind of obsessed with the band. Their amazing and they changed my view of the world. I listen to them everyday. Like I said I'm obsessed but their personal life isn't something I really want to dig in, I mean it's their life. If they're happy I'm happy.
I lost one of my best friend because of MCR. Personally, I think it's a stupid reason because what's so wrong about talking about them? Finally, I found people (you guys Wink ) who understand the MCR-obsession.
Meeshell
Awake and Unafraid
Meeshell
July 5th, 2007 at 05:11pm
yea loving MCR definitely affects my life, cuz i refer to them about everything lol...plus, they help me tune out the world when i need to, and i love u guys on here, so thats a plus...i never had a ' fave band' b4 mcr, but im glad i do now In Love
persona non grata
Killjoy
persona non grata
July 5th, 2007 at 05:19pm
loving MCR has a huge effect on my life. it's surprising how much one band can change. i am always singing them, writing lyrics somewhere, making a reference to them, or something of that nature. i think i've become more confident since i started listening to them, which i wouldn't really have believed, until i started to think about the changes in my life since i started to like them. if i get really sad or something, i just need to listen to famous last words (or any number of their songs, really), and my mood improves. whenever i say the word 'way', i giggle a little. Smile this band has changed me an incredible amount, and i wish i could ever think of a way (teehee) to thank them for that.
Ludwig
Motor Baby
Ludwig
July 5th, 2007 at 05:40pm
Sometimes I think I'd have slipped into depression without them--they gave me something to be excited about, for once. They made me realize my talents and interests.
Megan Vegantoast
Bleeding on the Floor
Megan Vegantoast
July 5th, 2007 at 09:12pm
MCR impacted my life in a very negative way.

I went through the cliche phase of becoming obessed with blood, vampires, and started dressing in black. All the while claiming that I was being myself. I wasn't though.

At the time I htought the emo or goth phase was really cool. I started acting depressed and cutting for attention. I also started claiming that MCr saved my life. they didn't. I really changed because of their music. I lost all of my friends, too.

they don't influence me anymore. Though, I still like their music and stuff.

I'm just glad I'm finally myself again.
drink ourselves dry.
Crash Queen
drink ourselves dry.
April 11th, 2008 at 07:01am
They're my heroes.♥ now.
End of.
Spring Nicht.
Bleeding on the Floor
Spring Nicht.
April 11th, 2008 at 07:48am
I don't think liking My Chemical Romance, or any band, should alter your life.
It should be you who changes your life, not somebody else. You can choose to listen to them, but they can't change your life. It's actually you who does that; you make the decision and you think it's them who helped you; but they were just background music.

[spam]*and the "doesn't make any sense" award goes to...*[/spam]
Brenny Boo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Brenny Boo
April 13th, 2008 at 12:40am
well, yeah it did. It made a great impact for me. It got me liking more music. Made me explore the wonders of the other bands. And the band it self changed me. The way I talk anf stuff. These days my family can't understand what I say. But its okay with me. I love it this way. :3
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
April 13th, 2008 at 12:48am
Affected the way I think, they changed me for the better
xdemolition-loversx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xdemolition-loversx
April 13th, 2008 at 03:39am
I'm kinda obsessed with them and i think my life would be totally different because i'd probably still be listening to pop music and a shit load op other things. :p
skitty.
In the Cannibal Glow
skitty.
April 13th, 2008 at 11:57am
I think they help me in alot of ways
just like, the stuff Gerard says
I've been way more confident and able to ignore people
and I plan to keep it that way for a long time to come
CarcinogenCrush
Jazz Hands
CarcinogenCrush
April 13th, 2008 at 12:17pm
shiny toy guns.:

They have done a hell of a lot for me, that is all I can say cos words won’t be able to sum it up.

ghosted.
Jazz Hands
ghosted.
April 14th, 2008 at 03:36pm
They've inspired me like nobodies bussiness.
Laughing
Spiritual Adviser .
Joining The Black Parade
Spiritual Adviser .
April 14th, 2008 at 04:04pm
Bert McCracken:
I don't think liking My Chemical Romance, or any band, should alter your life.
It should be you who changes your life, not somebody else. You can choose to listen to them, but they can't change your life. It's actually you who does that; you make the decision and you think it's them who helped you; but they were just background music.[/spam]

I don't think so.
Well, we now that everybody says "hey! MCR saved my life!!", who knows.. but listen, this band really changed my life.
I used to be rejected by my friends, because they though I was completely crazy and blah, blah, so I couldn't be myself and be good enough for the other ones. Someday, I entered on a MCR forum of my country.. there, I started to be myself: I met people like me, who understood me, people who told me "hey girl! wake up, you're not f*cking alone! we all lived the same!".. and I feel really good when I read from Gerard "I want people to express themselves how they want", and saying that you'd mustn't be afraid of living, and be yourself

I think My Chemical Romance really changed my life. Thanx MCR, and thanx for the music in my life <3
To The End;
Salute You in Your Grave
To The End;
April 14th, 2008 at 07:23pm
mcr didn't really change my life dramaticly, this band just told me to be myself and not to take any crap from people. but they did inspire me to write some songs. and yes, i'm really obsessed with them

i love you, mcr!
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
April 14th, 2008 at 07:28pm
I've changed a lot since I started liking this band. Mostly my style in clothing and in music. I'm into more darker and heavier stuff.
But the main thing this band has done for me show me to be happy with these changes. They've helped me realized that the darker things are for me and nothing anyone can say can change that. Thanks to MCR, I can be comfortable with being myself and standing out.
AmandaAdenine
Thinking Happy Thoughts
AmandaAdenine
April 14th, 2008 at 08:08pm
They have changed me a lot.
They inspire me everyday.
They helped me be okay with me.
They helped me discover what I really was, because before them I was following what everyone else was following, but not what I wanted to follow.
As far as what other people think of me, I do get some odd comments from my friends at school, and people at school. One person asked me several different times if they were devil worshippers, and I said no.
They introduced me to whole different communites of people (INO, Mibba, Ficwad, etc) that like the same music as I do, which keeps me sane because most of my friends don't like Rock music in general.
I'm sure they have changed my life in other ways to, so Thank You MCR.
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
April 14th, 2008 at 08:14pm
There's only two bands that affect my life, and they're one of them.