Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
February 27th, 2007 at 04:22pm
druscilla_way:
I talk on the cell phone when I drive.
And not always on a handset.
Some days I'm better at it than others.
But I always talk on it during low-stress driving.
I live in the middle of nowhere, so there are long stretches of highway with not many people on the road.
I would never do it in in a situation I didn't feel I could handle.

I agree with talking on the cellphone while low-stress driving is fine. My dad talks all the time on the broad roads without many cars.
loaded_gun
Jazz Hands
loaded_gun
March 1st, 2007 at 07:07am
I personally think cell phones are completely pointless. We went for hundreds of years without them just fine. And now everyone has to be on their stupid cell phone. You have house phones you know! That's what they're there for! God you don't need to call someone while you're driving, or while you're out to eat or anything. My mom wanted me to get one and I refused. I think they're so stupid and pointless. If I need to call them for something I'll stop by a friends house and used one of their phones.
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
March 1st, 2007 at 02:46pm
You can always tell when a person is driving while talking on their cell phone. It's rather irritating.

I don't really care about it though. I just don't find it fair to ban cell phone use for teens while driving, but it's legal for adults. Either get rid of the law that says kids can't talk on phones while driving or make it illegal for adults too...
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
March 1st, 2007 at 03:10pm
Talking on a cell phone and driving at the same time is just plain stupidity. Even handsfree is a bit risky, as you arn't devoting your undivided attention to the roads
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 1st, 2007 at 03:41pm
loaded_gun:
I personally think cell phones are completely pointless. We went for hundreds of years without them just fine. And now everyone has to be on their stupid cell phone. You have house phones you know! That's what they're there for! God you don't need to call someone while you're driving, or while you're out to eat or anything. My mom wanted me to get one and I refused. I think they're so stupid and pointless. If I need to call them for something I'll stop by a friends house and used one of their phones.

When you have to call long-distance for long amounts of time [like me] having a cell phone is cheaper.
It's also a good way to call for help if you wreck your car or if you're in a situation where 911 needs to be dialed.
You're not always at home, so a home phone does not always suffice.
And we also went hundreds of years without phones, cars, electricity, radio stations, CDs, computers, and internet.
If you don't like it, move in with the Amish.
[Not a slam against the Amish.]
loaded_gun
Jazz Hands
loaded_gun
March 1st, 2007 at 04:09pm
druscilla_way:
loaded_gun:

When you have to call long-distance for long amounts of time [like me] having a cell phone is cheaper.
It's also a good way to call for help if you wreck your car or if you're in a situation where 911 needs to be dialed.
You're not always at home, so a home phone does not always suffice.
And we also went hundreds of years without phones, cars, electricity, radio stations, CDs, computers, and internet.
If you don't like it, move in with the Amish.
[Not a slam against the Amish.]

Okay, I'm wrong you're right. That's settled.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
March 1st, 2007 at 07:21pm

I completely disagree with using mobiles (the name for cell phones in Australia, in case anybody had no idea what I meant) whilst driving.
Here it is illegal anyway, unless you are using a handsfree set. But I still think that it is distracting.
There have been so many crashes that have occurred because of people using mobiles that it's ridiculous.
If you want/need to use the phone that much, it doesn't take much effort to pull over and stop the car. Who knows, you may even spare a life by doing that.

In July there is a new law coming into place in Australia (NSW anyway, I don't know about other states) that says P-plate drivers cannot use a mobile whilst driving under any circumstances. Not even with a handsfree set.
I don't see why that law can't be extended to all drivers.
shitthatwascyanide
Salute You in Your Grave
shitthatwascyanide
March 6th, 2007 at 07:42pm
my dad and i have had quite a few near-death experiences because of cellphone drivers. if you really want to talk on your cell, PULL OVER for god's sake. don't kill some poor innocent girl and her father when she's just trying to get to a viola lesson!

there was an odd incident where my dad and i were driving and we nearly got hit by some lady who was BRUSHING HER HAIR in the rearview mirror. HONESTLY... brain damage much???
EyesOfACriminal
Banned
EyesOfACriminal
March 7th, 2007 at 11:42pm
I think its really stupid. It happens in Auxs so much, I hate it. They're never watching.
ILuvMCRandYotas
Motor Baby
ILuvMCRandYotas
March 10th, 2007 at 03:50pm
I've seen alot of people do some really stupid crap while driving & talking on their phone. Personally, I don't have a problem talking on the phone & driving at the same time. I never answer my phone while I'm on the road unless it's easily accessible ( I refuse to dig thru my purse while driving down the road - that is even more dangerous that talking on the phone). I think people should pull over to talk on the phone if they can't drive safely while talking, or call the person back later. I don't think you should get pulled over for talking on the phone though, emergencies do happen....but they'd prolly let it go if that was the case.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 10th, 2007 at 04:33pm
Not everyone is smart enough (or has enough common sense) to know when it's okay to talk on a cell and drive and when it's not. I think it's better to just ban it for everyone than to have people killed or injured because of the idiots out there.
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 10th, 2007 at 06:20pm
I agree with Druscilla.......about talking if it's a low-stress drive...

but if you're in traffic...a lot of it....then you shouldn't....

And especially when you're in bad weather...

I live in Chicago...we get snow...and a lot of it...if I'm driving hoome (BTW I live practically in the middle of nowhere and drive 66 miles to and from work) and it's snowing hard...I putmy phone on silent.......

and living in the middle of nowhere...we also get FOG........Last night it was so foggy, there was basically negative visability.....(I wasn't driving in it...but still)

So yeah....there's pros and cons to driving while talking on a cell phone....okay not really pros....but it's still good to have one......Plus with my phone...i don't talk to my friends a lot...i sorta just have it for emergencies only..
abcdef...Gee!
Bleeding on the Floor
abcdef...Gee!
March 10th, 2007 at 07:00pm
i dont even have a cell phone. pleh, i dont really think u should b/c its distracting, unless ur REALLY experienced, dont do it.
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
March 24th, 2007 at 12:28am
I don't think you should talk on the phone while driving unless it's an emergency. A girl at my school got killed in a car crash because she was talking on her cell phone while driving.
Future-Mrs-Way
Killjoy
Future-Mrs-Way
March 25th, 2007 at 09:47am
I think that even headset should be banned for all ages...if you are on your headset then you are not having your FULL attention on the road, even if you think you are
Optimistic Pessimist
Motor Baby
Optimistic Pessimist
March 25th, 2007 at 10:33am
druscilla; callmedru:

My mom told me that talking on a cell phone and driving makes you react the same way you would if you were drunk.

And your mom is pretty much right. When people drive and talk on the cell phones they completely lose track of how they're driving and their surroundings. They stop paying attention to the road and they get more involved in their conversation on the phone.

Some people even end up dropping their cell phones while driving and are stupid enough to try and pick it up while still driving.

But I think that texting while driving is 10 times worse because when you're texting you're eyes are completely off the road and its just as distracting as talking on a cell phone.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
March 25th, 2007 at 11:27am
Ahhhh, texting while driving!!! My worst fear when getting behind the wheel. It's super-scary that there are such brainless wonders with licences and keys to cars out there who think they're capable of writing a text message with one hand on the wheel, and both eyes off the road...
I'm vehemently against even talking on a cell while driving, but I can understand that some people out there think it's okay to do... but COME ON, anybody with more than eight functioning brain cells HAS to realise that texting while driving is just asking for a fatal accident!
YourStarlessEyes
Killjoy
YourStarlessEyes
March 25th, 2007 at 08:44pm
Driving helps us get places. Great. Cellphones help us during emergencies. Great. But putting the two together can cause an accident. I think that cellphones should not be used in the car. Cellphones should be used if you are in a car accident.
Dude...Potatoes
Salute You in Your Grave
Dude...Potatoes
March 25th, 2007 at 09:06pm
Tara Stanley:
I don't think you should talk on the phone while driving unless it's an emergency. A girl at my school got killed in a car crash because she was talking on her cell phone while driving.

that was RIGHT down the street from me. my dad gave me this huge lecture about this cuz he had to work at the accident. the girl was one my friends sister Sad...that wast cool at all. if ur phone rings u should just pull over and talk...or if it isnt that important just dont answer it
ServeItInDrag
Fabulous Killjoy
ServeItInDrag
March 28th, 2007 at 12:46pm
^ Clap
Indeedy .too many accidents are caused by ppl who aint paying proper attention to the road.