Don't have an account? Create one!

Sex Education

AuthorMessage
PunkerThanThou
Thinking Happy Thoughts
PunkerThanThou
February 27th, 2007 at 05:25pm
Kids who don't learn have a higher risk of getting pregnant.

Think about it, it's pretty obvious- when they DO have sex, they won't know how to use a condom, the pill, anything.

My school is retarded, they don't teach us ANYTHING. It really sucks because it shows how idiotic they are. It's okay. I'm lucky I know anything.
IXPROMISE
Jazz Hands
IXPROMISE
March 1st, 2007 at 05:00pm
not telling teenagers about sex leaves them more vulnerable
to believing its risk free
xerica.fiercex
Jazz Hands
xerica.fiercex
March 1st, 2007 at 06:01pm
I think sex education should be taught at a young age. I live in a community where the average age of pregnancy is 14.
thats freakin sad dude.. so you have these 14yr olds having babies and then once they turn 15 go into high school and take sex education.. okay.. a lil too late right.. i think sex ed. should be taught when they are in 7th grade.. it only seems logical to me.
dASHa Xr
Fabulous Killjoy
dASHa Xr
March 2nd, 2007 at 08:34am
EricaxRevenge:
I think sex education should be taught at a young age.

i`m agree with you
it is really important to have sex education in early ages
coz for example there was a case of pregnancy in 12
she was living with her grandma and they hired out one room in their flat to a student (was 19).
grandma could not look after this girl all the time (she was working)
when evryone understand the girl is pregnant people asked her: "why?"
the girl answered:"we were whatching a tv and wanted to taste it"
now they are living together (girl and boy with a child and grandma)
this case was shown on tv
and people was just speaking about it - but that`s all.
i think it is wrong, people had to do more
that is why sex education must be at a young age - it is really necessary
porcelain-star
Fabulous Killjoy
porcelain-star
March 2nd, 2007 at 08:38am
fuck sex ed. thats what teeny magazines and your friends are for. Smile
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 2nd, 2007 at 02:24pm
TheWildRose:
That's also why there are abortions, teen-mothers and a vast spread of STD's in the young adult population.

Again, please read the rules before posting here again.
EyesOfACriminal
Banned
EyesOfACriminal
March 7th, 2007 at 03:59am
I think its really necessary.
This year in health class we get to put condoms on wooden penises.
But I'm moved up a year, so it would be with most 14 year olds.
In New Zealand people lose it at a young age. NOT good.
I started sex-ed in year 7.
Chemically Dependent
Bleeding on the Floor
Chemically Dependent
March 7th, 2007 at 04:41pm
I think its necessary but I dont agree with they way my school teaches it. They think if they say its bad and they wont do it, but they do. They should teach them how to be safe if they are going to do it.
Tallulah GOSH!!
Killjoy
Tallulah GOSH!!
March 7th, 2007 at 05:44pm
I believe sex education is important but there is such a thing as to much.
I think its ok to do it when we kids are 14, but not after that most kids over here in Dundee aren't virgins anymore by the time they're 15. But all the education in the world can't save you from the influence of alcohol.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 7th, 2007 at 10:23pm
Tallulah GOSH!!:
I believe sex education is important but there is such a thing as to much.
I think its ok to do it when we kids are 14, but not after that most kids over here in Dundee aren't virgins anymore by the time they're 15. But all the education in the world can't save you from the influence of alcohol.

There's nothing wrong with teaching more education to people who are sexually active.
They're the ones who are going to get pregnant and get STDs if they don't known about contraceptive and condoms.
AmberGirl
Killjoy
AmberGirl
March 8th, 2007 at 04:23pm
I think that teaching about safe sex is probably a good idea; I DO NOT think that teachers shouldn't encourage sex in general. That's probably why they don't teach about safe sex. I guess they r afraid parents would get upset.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
March 8th, 2007 at 04:25pm
i think it's good to learn about sex in school, because depending on the top of parents you have, they may not sit down with you have and have "the talk" like they should. everything i know about sex i had to learn in school, because my parents don't want to sit down and talk about it.
AmberGirl
Killjoy
AmberGirl
March 8th, 2007 at 05:47pm
Iero Love:
i think it's good to learn about sex in school, because depending on the top of parents you have, they may not sit down with you have and have "the talk" like they should. everything i know about sex i had to learn in school, because my parents don't want to sit down and talk about it.

My parents didn't talk 2 me about it, so I learned about it in school and friends whose parents talked 2 them...
sazikins
Killjoy
sazikins
March 8th, 2007 at 06:46pm
We had a really great teacher in school for sex-ed. Anything we wanted to know no matter how silly it might have seemed she would talk to us about it, and it did make a huge difference . She didn't do the whole "don't do it cos its bad" that some teachers do, she was more along the lines of saying that theres nothing wrong with waiting until you are ready.She even went so far as saying if we ever needed anything safe sex related or had any worries we could go and see her after school.

The thing as that bothers me about some teachers is that they get uncomfortable talking about sex in front of the pupils. How are kids supposed to learn about safe sex if the teacher is embarrassed to talk about it!
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
March 8th, 2007 at 07:26pm
only allow it if your parents approve it!
thats all i have to say
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 8th, 2007 at 10:23pm
xxxDeathAngelxxx:
only allow it if your parents approve it!
thats all i have to say

If your parents don't approve it, they have problems.
Unless they plan to teach it themselves.
Do they want their 15-year-old daughter to sit them on the couch and say she's knocked up?
I don't think so.
Parents are scared to talk to their kids about sex and they're not as well informed as educators.
Erego, I think educators should teach sex education.
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 9th, 2007 at 12:05am
TheWildRose:

Well since I was homeschooled that's where I learned about sex. I read a lot of teeny magazines when I was 12 and 13 and I learned pretty much everything from them and the internet. I don't know what kind of sex ed they teach in school, but if they push for abstinence I think that's good. I mean, they should still educate on the topic of safe sex and all that, but pushing for abistinence in teens is a good thing. I don't believe in sex without love, and for teenagers to feel pressured into having sex, I just find a very unfortunate thing.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 9th, 2007 at 03:33pm
I don't think the teachers would be the ones pressuring kids to have sex.
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 9th, 2007 at 04:55pm
That's not what I meant. I meant kids feeling "peer pressure." And how the media is just sex, sex, sex. I just hope most people don't buy into it.
Stark
Awake and Unafraid
Stark
March 10th, 2007 at 10:38am
we need to know all about the finer things in life