hellox
Killjoy
hellox
November 2nd, 2007 at 03:56am
asha molly.:

Good luck!
I'm sure you'll be fine though, just try not to stress too much =]

Im trying not to stress but its too late omg D:

Everyone thinks ill be fine and are expecting me to ace it, so if I fail, the dissappointment would be like 19347893658 times worse than if everyone was expecting me to fail omg D:
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 2nd, 2007 at 04:17am
^ Best of luck! I cop the same thing. I freak out over exams and everyone's all "You'll do brilliantly" cause they're used to me getting high marks in high school. But Uni's like a different kettle of fish and no one seems to get that. These days if I just pass I'm like 'hell yeah!'

Just quietly, I hate when there isn't access to enough past exam papers. For Genetics there's only one sample exam up from grabs. Wtf? I've had to email the course coordinator asking for more questions, cause I've done everything.

[Edit] Lmao, I just got this reply to my question about if there were more sample exams available:

"Hi Rhiannon, No.

Dawn"

Well, I find it amusing. =P
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 2nd, 2007 at 01:22pm
Hahahahhaha! 'No'
But yeah, It really sucks that there's not much in terms of past exam stuff. And like, with our Film Studies one, they've put last year's exam up... but are completely changing it!!! ARGH.

I so know what you mean about being ecstatic if I pass. Like, high school was like 'omg, I only got 82% for this test, I AM A FAILURE AS A PERSON', now it's all about P's make degrees.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 2nd, 2007 at 01:26pm

Lmfao.
What a great reply XD

I only have one exam lol, and the lecturer kept giving us hints as to what will be in it all semester, so just quietly I think I'm going to go pretty well.
It was so funny, in our last lecture, she was trying to give us hints, but she couldn't phrase it in a way so that she wasn't completely giving it away, and in the end she got sick of it & said "oh whatever, the answer for 16 is A."
Best. Lecturer. Ever. XD
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 2nd, 2007 at 01:32pm
HAHAHAHA!
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
November 2nd, 2007 at 02:06pm
OMG asha that's great!
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 2nd, 2007 at 03:20pm
Awwwh, I want a lecturer like that! The best I got out of one of my Genetics lecturers was during the revision session someone asked a question about something that wasn't on the exam and he goes "If you wanna know come see me after class, but it's not on the exam. Don't make me answer it, because I'll waste 10 minutes explaining it and everyone will panic about it being on the exam." He told us a few things that wont be, but there's so much that could possibly be on there... GAH. I'm drowning in giant words I can't remember the meaning of.

P's make degrees. Haha! That's my new motto as of right now. The Film Studies thing is just like Chemistry - one of last years lecturers retired, so the new guy has a totally different way of teaching that portion of the subject, so the exam is heaps different as a result.
hellox
Killjoy
hellox
November 2nd, 2007 at 04:21pm
I think I went really well in my exam today ^________^
4 more to go though D:

@ Rhiannon; haha "no" lmfao nice of them to be so accomodating
@ Asha; yeah what an awesome lecturer : D
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 3rd, 2007 at 01:28am
^ sounds great!

rhiannon, some lecturers just can't be bothered to deal with enthusiastic students like you Razz

my friend & I agreed yesterday that if we could play instruments we'll surely be uni drop outs & form a band. In the end we decided we'll call ourselves the "No Volume" band. We are such sad cases.

i've been thinking about transferring to another course...i wish i could do maths or science...then i could even think about architecture or industrial design. I am holed up in a arty farty corner & constantly constipated for ideas x_x
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 3rd, 2007 at 04:09am
^ I find maths so boring. I did many years of it and... just no. When I started Uni I was told I should do maths. I didn't need it but was told by a course adviser because of my VCE scores I should, so I did. Two weeks in I decided I'd had more than enough and changed to an arts subject.
I've always loved doing arts subjects. Unfortunately for me I need to do science to get the career I want. Yay for electives, though.

Just quietly, some days I love my Uni. People keep sending stupid emails about lost items to the student lists, which prompts ridiculous spam in reply (like stuff about lost elephants). This morning someone sent an email about a lost green Camouflage carhartt waterproof jacket. To which someone replied to the student list with: "Maybe it is camouflaged somewhere?" XD
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 3rd, 2007 at 05:23am
^ ahah we never get anything like that.
yeah maths is boring but not if you were born to do it.

in the past week I've had 3 of my teachers look at me weird. The one yesterday gave me a cold 'hi' when i walked in & said a bright 'hi' to her. Another looked like she didn't want to talk to me when i tried to ask her things. Could it be that i've been wearing weird things...like leg warmers on my arms & shoe laces tied around it...stripey socks and tartan pants? Fashion teachers...you never know what they think of your clothes ahahha.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 6th, 2007 at 04:50am
One exam down, two to go!

That was such a hard exam in comparison to all the past years. So many people afterwards were saying how they think they failed it. XDD I can laugh, cause I know I did well. Would have been an easy H1 if it wasn't such a hard exam, though. Daaaaymn.
hellox
Killjoy
hellox
November 6th, 2007 at 05:17am
xRhiannonx:
One exam down, two to go!

That was such a hard exam in comparison to all the past years. So many people afterwards were saying how they think they failed it. XDD I can laugh, cause I know I did well. Would have been an easy H1 if it wasn't such a hard exam, though. Daaaaymn.
Your only doing 3 exams?

Ive got one 2moro, Thurday and Friday ;(
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 6th, 2007 at 08:12am
I'm such a terrible procrastinator. Sigh. Actually, I'm a really GOOD procrastinator, which is bad. I've been trying to write this blasted essay for HOW long? Why can't I just write it?!? Heh, I know why. It's because I actually have books and references this time, instead of just completely making it up off the top of my head. Hah.

That sucks about it being such a hard exam though =/
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 6th, 2007 at 10:13am
^^ Yeah, 4 subjects, one is an arts subject so no exam, just an essay. That sucks having 3 in a row. Best of luck with your exams.

Haha Sez, I'm the same with this essay I'm trying to finish now. I used to rock at English essays, but historical essays... meh. I had planned to have this finished a week ago. Was making good progress, too. But then I had this major fight with some of my close friends. I've never fought with any of my friends before. It was horrible. I couldn't sleep or study or get my mind of it, so my essay went out the window.

600 words to go! I want this done tonight. ... I should get off here and I might get it done lol.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 6th, 2007 at 10:22am

Lol, I loved historical essays XD
Mannn, I could go on for sooooo long about the most random things to do with Greece, Rome, or the Aztecs rofl.
I wasn't as good with Modern though =[
Which reminds me, tomorrow, it will be a year exactly since I finished the HSC.
That makes me feel old haha.

Anyway, I'm not spamming anymore.
I HATE JOURNALISM ESSAYS.
Gah.
I have to write about why some humanitarian crises are pretty much ignored by the media, even though they're really serious,
which would be alright, apart from I was a complete nerd and picked up on the reason why that happens straight away, so now I have the answer, but not much to pad it out with >.<
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 6th, 2007 at 10:56am
I wouldn't mind if I could just talk about the history... but it's history and philosophy of science so it's all... shiet.

That sucks when it's hard to pad out your essays. I find quotes help with the sometimes.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 6th, 2007 at 11:23am
ahah. You guys sounds so academic compared to this 1000 research thing I have to write about Japanese origami. It's barely going to be research...more like creative writing...and ending it where I feel like it lol.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
November 6th, 2007 at 02:32pm
Haha, I wish I could have ended mine wherever I felt like. Done now. Hell yeah for that being over! *dies of relief* Now I have until Tuesday to study for Chemistry... and by 'study', I do mean learn the entire course. I'm screwed.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 6th, 2007 at 04:22pm
That'll be fun!!
I just finished my essay, WOOP!
Go us.