Don't have an account? Create one!

What university do you go to?

AuthorMessage
leeshy
Jazz Hands
leeshy
May 22nd, 2007 at 06:12am
elliephant:
^ woot for somebody doing my course and subjects, even if we're at different campuses Very Happy
Is it just me, or does the core communications unit really suck ass?

Yep sucks major ass, im loving PR tutes but not so much the lectures ive gone to about 3 lol, and it is hard to make new friends at uni cos your always rushing around you can make class friends but making new friends is tough! Ive only got like 8 contact hours so im barely there what campus are you at?
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:50am
I'm at Burwood, and also hardly there, I have 9 contact hours. 3 of which are my photography seminar that I really can't bring myself to go to very often.
I love the journalism tutes, and that theres no lecture.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:08pm
elliephant:
^ It's a good point. But it's not like I'm asking people to hang out 24/7 and screw the study (sure thats my own preference, but only because I despise half of my current units)
I think the other problem is I don't really have many friends at uni. I've realised this year that I'm actually really bad at making new friends, because I've never ever before had to put any real effort into it. I grew up with my primary school friends, so no effort there, most of them went to the same high school as me and i just adopted their new friends, then when I moved out here I was the English chick so I was different and interesting, and same again when I changed schools in yr 10 and I was the new girl.
As up myself as it sounds, it's kinda weird getting used to people not taking an instant interest in me.

yeah it's easy in high school to adopt your friend's friends- that's what I did...and I did that at uni too- i stole two of my friends' friends and luckily we've stuck together till now. But otherwise, it's hard to have a group of like 10 as in high school & that's what I miss. Besides 'stealing' my friends' friends (ahahha) I haven't really made any friends out of nowhere & I tried really hard! no, you're not up yourself- that's exactly me...in fact not many people ever take an 'instant' interest in me- & only some out of those we manage to stick together for long.

uni's just like that...I can't even be bothered to talk to people in class anyway. ahah call me anti-social if you want.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:18pm
haha, good to know I'm not alone in being, well, alone.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 23rd, 2007 at 04:06am

What are the core communications units?
I’m guessing I probably do pretty much the same thing, ‘cause my degree seems to be pretty similar.

When does everybody else finish for the semester?
My last day is next Monday
Cool

CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 23rd, 2007 at 05:29am
arrrgh i didn't want to know that! I have 4 more humongous assignments to hand in over the next 2 weeks & i'm scared shitless.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
May 23rd, 2007 at 09:10am
my last day is next wednesday. The core communications unit, is our compulsory unit, its called something like contemporary communication, making sense of text.
I would describe the sort of things we've learnt, but to be honest most of its gone straight over my head. Lost of media theories. There was alot of talk about semiotics and narrative trajectories for a while.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 23rd, 2007 at 09:27pm

Ohhhhh, yeah we have 2 subjects like that >.<

One of them was fun though, the tutorials were class debates, & somehow, every single week the topic got related back to Nazi Germany XD
It was so odd, but pretty fun.

I still have 2 more assignments to go >.<
& I’m so fucking scared at the moment, because yesterday we had to hand in an assignment which was worth 70%, and I just remembered I forgot to sign the cover sheet, & there’s actually a thing in the unit outline that says ‘tutors have a right to refuse to mark assignments if the cover sheet hasn’t been signed’.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
Catharsis
Jazz Hands
Catharsis
May 24th, 2007 at 07:13pm
I go to Latrobe University Bendigo, studying Bachelor Of Behavioural Science, only 3 weeks left til midsemester break and a month of sleeping in and vegging out. Lets get excited!!!
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 25th, 2007 at 01:45am

Ahaha, you get so rorted XD

I have one more day, & then I get 2 months off XD
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
May 25th, 2007 at 05:08am
Good luck to everyone who has assignments due/exams soon!!!

I have two assignments due on monday (one of them's a group essay gahhhh Sad )
and one to finish off for friday and then I have 3 weeks until my exams start.

Then I have a month off as of June 22nd YAAAAY!! Very Happy
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 25th, 2007 at 05:14am

Wow, a group essay, that’s gotta suck!
Good luck with it anyhow!

I realised today that I only actually go to uni 26 weeks of the year.
How gheyyyyy.
I need a job.
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
May 25th, 2007 at 06:33am
^^ what blows even more about my group is that one of them has done virtually NO work and I have to be there tomorrow (on the freakin' weekend) to finish it off with them X[
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
May 25th, 2007 at 08:41am
I am so glad I don't have to do group assignments. I suck enough as it is when I only have myself to work with.
Yeh I was thinking about how seriously little time I spend at uni. I have a job though. I love it so much more than I like uni, its ridiculous.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
May 26th, 2007 at 01:15am

I’ve only had one group assignment so far, which was kinda ghey to tell the truth, even though I was in a group with some of my really good friends!
Ash & I did so much work, & the sections that we did got really good marks,
But the guys bludged & did shit all so the overall mark was brought down >.<
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 26th, 2007 at 04:35am
domeofstars:
^^ what blows even more about my group is that one of them has done virtually NO work and I have to be there tomorrow (on the freakin' weekend) to finish it off with them X[

that sucks. I hate it when it happens. But usually they have this sort of fair marking program for group work- you give each person points and it does this sorta magic thingy and the marks come out fair for everyone.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 26th, 2007 at 04:37am
elliephant:
I am so glad I don't have to do group assignments. I suck enough as it is when I only have myself to work with.
Yeh I was thinking about how seriously little time I spend at uni. I have a job though. I love it so much more than I like uni, its ridiculous.

yeh i love my job too. It's like a good excuse to escape uni ahaha. But really, not so wise...
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
May 27th, 2007 at 01:16am
So, I finally got around to looking at my exam timetable, and then how much time off I get after exams....3 weeks? wtf...thats nothing. Gah, I want so much more time than that Sad
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
May 27th, 2007 at 04:26am
i have all of this week at uni, and then two take-home tests, then the following week i have 2 'tests', so i don't actually have any exams, WOOHOO!
after that i have 6 weeks of nothing but subway, subway, subway. ugh.
i do have an essay due about 2 weeks into my holidays, but yeah, meh =P

and i'm definitely one of the people who goes to the unibar rather than home to do work. hehe. we have a regular thursday night unibar crew, it's so fun =)

but i do agree about the hard to make new friends thing, luckily a friend of mine is doing 3/4 subjects the same as me this semester, and in the remaining subject i was alone for so long, until li started talkign to this guy, and now he's been accepted into the big circle of friends, which is cool.
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
May 27th, 2007 at 04:33am
Gahhhhhh I've just finished the "group" assignment.

Now it's time to finish my individual one off for tomorrow *head desk*