Don't have an account? Create one!

What university do you go to?

AuthorMessage
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 3rd, 2007 at 02:39am

I’m so over uni at the moment.
I don’t see how Pinocchio is relevant to like, anything.

fdhsuipbghsjfgludfpdoufps

Does anybody know if the UAC book has been given out yet (the NSW one)?
I really need to get one, ‘cause I’m trying to change over to a double degree (B. Communications & B. Law)
I must be crazy, but at least I’ve actually stuck to the plan I had in mind.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 3rd, 2007 at 02:46am
i'm so screwed this week- i have to make 2 overly complicated garments, a model fitting, do illustrations & patterns, a progress folder, a presentation, & draw a comic strip. Say goodbye to sleep.

that's an awkward place to be in...I think i wouldn't bother much as well if i were you.

i'm coming down to melbourne with my friend in a few weeks hopefully in time for the melbourne scarf festival- i sent in a piece of uni work for exhibition hehe!
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 3rd, 2007 at 02:48am
asha molly.:

I’m so over uni at the moment.
I don’t see how Pinocchio is relevant to like, anything.

fdhsuipbghsjfgludfpdoufps

Does anybody know if the UAC book has been given out yet (the NSW one)?
I really need to get one, ‘cause I’m trying to change over to a double degree (B. Communications & B. Law)
I must be crazy, but at least I’ve actually stuck to the plan I had in mind.

that is seriously insane. i don't think you'll get 2 days of uni no matter how hard you try to arrange your classes!

it was pocahontas! lol Utopia is weird.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 3rd, 2007 at 02:55am
nah, you might be able to get 2 days. If our courses are similar in terms of contact hours, then it could easily be crammed into 2 days.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 3rd, 2007 at 03:35am

Most people I know doing the combined degree have to go 4 days a week, but I’m fine with that. At least it would keep me busy lol.
I wanna do Law eventually anyway, but it works out a hell of a lot cheaper if I do it this way, rather than finishing Communication and then doing Law separately.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 3rd, 2007 at 10:08am
yeah, i wanted to change from B. Media/ B. Arts to B. Law/ B. Media, like, mid-year, so that i could do the first year law course in first year, but there are no commonwealth supported places midyear - WTF!! you have to be FULL FEE PAYING to transfer mid-year!!
grrrr.
and i'm supposed to be doing my digital revolutions takehome test, due tomorrow, i've only got one section to go, and i can't be bothered. but i should. it's worth 15% of our assessment [this section]. gah.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 3rd, 2007 at 11:21am
Surely there have to be some people, somewhere who don't hate uni as much as we do?
What d'ya think my chances of convinving my parents to let me go to beauty school instead are. I mean, what the heck, I'm only the child they have all their hopes pinned on.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 3rd, 2007 at 09:19pm

Wow, that would suck to have all your parents hopes pinned on you!
Luckily, my brother is also at uni, doing some ecomomics degree, so he’s the one who my parents have all their hopes pinned on these days XD

I’m so freaking confused.
I’ve been looking up the combined degree that I wanted to do, but I can only do that if I change to Communication Studies (basically the same as what I’m doing now, but it only goes for 3 years).
So, I can either change to that, and do a Law degree at the same time but miss out on the ‘proffessional strand’ (4th year Comm), or I can stick with what I’m doing and do the ‘proffesional strand’ and possibly honours if I keep my marks up, but miss out on the Law degree.

Faaaaark.
I hate decisions.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 4th, 2007 at 12:08am
Argh, thats shit. Can you do the Professional one combined with law at any other uni's maybe? or can you do the professional strand post-graduate?
I have 398 words out of 2000 done for this assignment, and I've run out of things to say.
Go me!
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 4th, 2007 at 01:44am

I dunno… I’ve been discussing this with my dad this afternoon XD
He thinks I should apply for the combined degree, and then apply for academic standing (I dunno if it’s called the same things at other uni’s, but basically it means I won’t have to do the first year subjects again), then finish the combined degree, and then go back and do the 4th year of Communications.

Ughhhhhh. It’s way too complicated >.<
Not to mention, if I did it that way I wouldn’t finish until I was 25.
Far out, I dunno if I could stand being at uni for 7 years >.<
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 4th, 2007 at 04:28am
we only get 7 years worth of HECS, don't we?
and yeah, i think that that's probably your best bet... to apply for academic standing [i think we call it course credit]...
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 4th, 2007 at 07:51pm

Argh are you serious?
I really need to get the UAC book & read up on all this XD

At the moment, I’m thinking I might possibly be able to do it in 6... but yeah I’m not entirely sure if that will work.
I wish I just got the marks to get into Law to begin with, it would have been so much easier!!!
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 4th, 2007 at 11:27pm
i wish i'd thought to do law/media to start with, i'm pretty sure i got a high enough TER. but now the stupid uni just makes everything STUPID. GAH.
leeshy
Jazz Hands
leeshy
June 4th, 2007 at 11:39pm
Exams are gonna suck, i am terrified uni is too hard Sad
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 5th, 2007 at 01:59am

I’m so glad I have no exams this semester!
I’d die if I did XD
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 5th, 2007 at 02:08am
I have 2, but luckily for the 2 subjects I like and am passing. and the PR one is multi choice as well.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 5th, 2007 at 06:51am
sounds like you've got complicated plans asha. But all I know is that 7 years of uni means impossible.

i'm scared of thursday...when i have to fit my unfinished top on my model. I'm freaked of another heart attack my teacher will give me if she says this and that blahblah won't work meaning i'll have to spend more time fixing mistakes. The only reason i don't want to fail this project is that i've spent more than $100 on it.

i hate uni atm with all my passion.

beauty school ellie...I can't say if it's better or worse than uni...you don't know what will happen if you choose unlikely options. I mean, Eliza Cuts...hairdressing...gerard. Lol can't help bringing her up- nah i didn't mean that seriously.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 5th, 2007 at 11:22am
ugh. i have no exams, just tests
i had my digital revolutions take home test due monday [was supposed to be less than 500 words, was so so easy]
i have my linguistics test tomorrow [2 hours, haven't revised, hate linguistics]
i have my image, text & representation take home test due thursday [2000 words, haven't started]
& my german test on thursday [ 2 hours, haven't revised, i'm going to on thursday morning.]
agh.
and i achieved absolutely NOTHING today. then went to dinner with my bf.
where is the motivation?!

airwave parade [what's your name btw..?]... i hope you don't fail!! and i'm sure you wont. when's it due?
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 6th, 2007 at 01:51am

Oh yeah, airwave parade, I meant to ask you this before, but does your course involve a lot of actual sewing? Or is it mainly design?
A friend of mine wanted to know, but didn’t want to ask her textiles teacher… understandable really, that woman scared the hell out of me XD

Projects that involve textiles always seem to cost a hell of a lot… my major project last year was soooo expensive!
All up, it would have been easily over $600. And I never fully finished it either >.<
Still got good marks for it though! lol

CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 6th, 2007 at 04:11am
my name's Amy Very Happy ...don't bother calling me airwave parade- it doesn't go hahah i should change it

thanks sez.... it's due next tuesday but there's a hell of a lot to do between now and then. it's not one of those things that can happen overnight.

asha- there's 1 subject out of the 4 that teachers you sewing techniques. There's a bit of sewing and playing around with fabrics in the other subjects but they focus on design, theory & illustration. Tafe has a lot more practical, but you'll never get the fun of reading interesting academic books on fashion theory in tafe.

what did you make for your major project?