Don't have an account? Create one!

What university do you go to?

AuthorMessage
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 6th, 2007 at 06:13am
yeah, i know... i mean, i never did big things in design [that's what we called textiles], and i was always stressing... and i quit after year 9, because the work that i did in year SEVEN was more complex than the year 9 work [at a different school though]. it annoyed me, and they didn't offer it in year 12 at the new school Sad
seriously though, you can do it =)
..just like i can write 2000 words tonight... right?
1800 actually... i love that 10% rule Wink
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 7th, 2007 at 01:45am

Amy- I made this big fancy Helena inspired dress XD
It was actually surprisingly good, but I changed my mind 3747245062 times when I was doing the surface decoration, I think that pissed my teacher off quite a lot. I was considering wearing it to my formal, but yeah, it ended up being more of a wearable-textile-art (or whatever it was called, I don’t remember anymore!) than apparel.

Sez- LMFAO
I’m doing the exact same thing tonight XD
At least I’ve actually started this assignment though… unlike my last one where I didn’t even think about it until the day it was due >.<
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
June 7th, 2007 at 01:59am
Who has exams coming up? Mine start next Saturday - I have two on the same day Sad then I have one on the 19th and my last one on the 22nd.

I have about 200 pages to read for one of my subjects in a textbook I don't even own LOL!
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 7th, 2007 at 02:05am

lmfao
Have fun with that!
Good luck with your exams though!

Arghhhhhhhh. You just reminded me that I have to go through all that textbook shit AGAIN >.<
It’s so ridiculous, at my uni they don’t order enough books for everybody who does the unit, so unless you get to the bookstore really quick, you miss out for ageeeeeeeees.
And in the meantime the lecturers & tutors rant at you for not having a book.
So bloody annoying.

Lol, I’m whinging about that, yet I haven’t even had that problem yet XD
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 7th, 2007 at 04:02am
ahah helena inspired dress...mcr creeps in everywhere.

good luck with exams everyone! domeofstars why do your exams start on a saturday? that's terrible!

remember how i dreaded today's class? i was right. I hate that drape class teacher with all my guts. She gave me her shitty, you-can't-design-for-crap-so-i'm-the-boss attitude. That woman is so mean. I'm just so sick of that project and fed up with losing sleep (i slept at 4:30am this morning)- i was sitting in class listening to I think The Ataris or Matchbook Romance i think feeling morbid and almost started crying again. Cry

oh yeh- my friend was fitting her top on the model & that teacher told her "I like the wristband of your watch...but i think the watch looks cheap"

WTF??!
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
June 7th, 2007 at 06:33am
*hugs* airwave parade.

Exams at UQ start this Saturday, why I have no idea. Thank Christ I have an extra week to study!
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 7th, 2007 at 08:24am
yeah, exams at adelaide start on a saturday too...
luckily i have NONE.
i should have been finished with this semester [except an essay due on the 18th..] at 4pm today... but you know that 2000 word assignment? haha, got to about 350 words last night and gave up, did heaps this morning, and i'm going to hand it in tomorrow, and lose 5%
hooray =P ah well.
awww amy. at least you had nice music =) but aww.
and wtf @ your teacher and the wristband thing. WTF!!
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 7th, 2007 at 08:41am
Sad amy, just remember, those who can't do, teach.

Sorry if I just torally offended anyone doing a teaching course..totally worthwhile career, stick with it.
lol.
Dan.
Demolition Lover
Dan.
June 7th, 2007 at 09:12am
^ and those who cant teach, teach gym/PE (sorry if anyone is doing a PE teacher course). i saw the opportunity and ran with it.
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
June 7th, 2007 at 08:05pm
^^ LOL you beat me to it!
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 7th, 2007 at 10:27pm
Bah, exams pretty much killed me. Lucky I only had 2 - Bio and Chem, one right after the other. Now I just have a 2000 word essay left. Then freeeedom!

Best of luck for everyone who still has exams left. ^_^
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 8th, 2007 at 01:49am

lmfao

My dad says the exact same thing about teachers… yet he is going to be a teacher at tafe, wtf?

I have finally finished all my assessments for this semester!! Yay!!!
Lol, I somehow managed to write a 2112 word essay last night, whilst drinking XD
Just to make sure it wasn’t complete crap I read over it this morning, & it actually sounds really good o.0
Looks like I had one of my intelligent drunk moments XD
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 8th, 2007 at 03:23am
Smile thanks everyone *feeling very warm & fuzzy inside*

it seems like the case with teachers but i'm reluctant to completely agree becuz four of my high school friends are going to become teachers & that's not very nice to them! but look at the UAI for maths teachers- no wonder most of our maths teachers sucked.

if there's a solid proof that drinking helps write essays, then hand over the alcohol to moi! even disgusting beer...

i have that one nightmare assessment left for the semester- got 2 outta the way today- paying the price of an all-nighter & 1hr of sleep at 11am.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 8th, 2007 at 04:22am
oh man. just finished my second to last assignment. so happy.
only 1500 more words to write this semester!

wow. thats really not a lot of sleep...
i went to bed at 3, set my alarm for 9:30... and slept through it Neutral
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 12th, 2007 at 11:13am
Whoo~ Just finished my final 2000 word essay. Cept I did 2093 words. Bah. So good to be free!
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 13th, 2007 at 09:29am
So I'm submitting my timetable preferences for next semester, and all the good times are the same for like all my classes. I might be about to prove that you can squish everything into 2 days, but I really don't want to. 5 classes back to back through till 6pm? oh god no, i really might drop out then.
mmk, whingeing suspended for now, heres hoping the timetable fairies love me.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 13th, 2007 at 09:46am
i'm freakin on HOLIDAYS!!!!!
my life for the past few days have been turned upside down- saturday morning: woke up at 4am & started sewing- went to work- woke up at 9am on sunday = the beginning of the night mare: sewed till 12am & slept- got up at 3am monday morning & sewed till 4am the next morning (25 hours) & only rested for meals & toilet- slept 4 hours, rushed the rest of the assignment & handed in at 2pm...went to work...& surprisingly i was still alive to close the shop properly. The assignment was terrible- a whole third of the ppl couldn't make it to hand in on time.

you know how i celebrated it after presenting the garment on the model today? went to pancakes on the rocks for dinner with a friend & ran wild screaming at the kids play equipment on darling harbour & played on the slide.

congratulations everyone's who've made it to the holidays!
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
June 13th, 2007 at 10:12pm
airwave parade:
i'm freakin on HOLIDAYS!!!!!
my life for the past few days have been turned upside down- saturday morning: woke up at 4am & started sewing- went to work- woke up at 9am on sunday = the beginning of the night mare: sewed till 12am & slept- got up at 3am monday morning & sewed till 4am the next morning (25 hours) & only rested for meals & toilet- slept 4 hours, rushed the rest of the assignment & handed in at 2pm...went to work...& surprisingly i was still alive to close the shop properly. The assignment was terrible- a whole third of the ppl couldn't make it to hand in on time.

you know how i celebrated it after presenting the garment on the model today? went to pancakes on the rocks for dinner with a friend & ran wild screaming at the kids play equipment on darling harbour & played on the slide.

congratulations everyone's who've made it to the holidays!
^^ Argh airwave parade I wish I was on holidays! Sounds like you deserve it though Wink

I have two exams on Saturday - consumer behaviour in the morning and statistics at 5:45 pm Sad Fuckfuckfuck I hope I don't freak ou during my stats one.

Then I have selling on tueday (Jeebus I haven't got a clue) and on on Friday at 8am I have business research methods and then FREEEEEEEDOM for a month!
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 18th, 2007 at 08:39am
ON HOLIDAYS.
HOORAY!
keep going everyone, nearly there! =)
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 19th, 2007 at 01:52am

WHAT THE FUCK.
I just got an email from my Writing As Communication tutor saying that she never recieved my assignment.
I KNOW it got there, because my Mum drove me down to uni so that I could hand it in! I nagged her so much to drive me down there, because I don't like posting assignments because I have a severe paranoia issue with that, I always think they'll get lost in the mail or something.
Now I'm going to lose marks, and it isn't even my fault. Obviously somebody at the uni has screwed up, because I KNOW I handed the assignment in.