Don't have an account? Create one!

Cool Stores In AUS

AuthorMessage
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 5th, 2007 at 07:01am
go to NEWTOWN! walk up and down kings street. You'll find good, weird, ridiculous, ok, & bad vintage stuff there. Since op shopping is getting trendy, they're not as cheap as you think, but you might be lucky.
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
June 15th, 2007 at 03:41am
AH Thankyou!
I just saw this then.
I forgot about Newtown.
Yeah I've realised it's not cheap anymore, but I couldn't find any good stores.
Thanks.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 15th, 2007 at 04:16am
who was it- I think Quinn was talking about that Location shop with the black parade-like jacket- i finally saw it! that jacket's awesome- it has matching pants too...it'll be cool to wear to MCR, but normal everyday wear...it's a bit too costumey.

just a question- those band merch stalls in markets- are those things completely fake?
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
June 15th, 2007 at 06:20am
lol who hates supre?? those hot pink bags piss me off so much...
once a few of my friends ran around the shopping centre ripping those up xD
not that i condone property destruction....
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
June 15th, 2007 at 06:21am
airwave parade:
who was it- I think Quinn was talking about that Location shop with the black parade-like jacket- i finally saw it! that jacket's awesome- it has matching pants too...it'll be cool to wear to MCR, but normal everyday wear...it's a bit too costumey.

just a question- those band merch stalls in markets- are those things completely fake?

nah not all of them...some of are real - i got a mcr shirt that im almost positive is the real thing xD
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 15th, 2007 at 07:01am
oh. well I think the hoodie i bought that looked like the CD cover was fake cuz the mcr merch site doesn't sell it. Oh well. I was too excited to think about that.

lol at your bag ripping friend.
Wednesday Addams
Salute You in Your Grave
Wednesday Addams
June 15th, 2007 at 11:07am
Would Supre be the only place to get super fitter jeans without having to pay heaps and heaps of money? (Talking about Sydney area btw.)
Little Miss Sunshine
Jazz Hands
Little Miss Sunshine
June 15th, 2007 at 09:11pm
The Drunken Goat, we used to have Condom Kingdom, which apart from selling condoms, they sold some pretty cool badges and stuff in there. Rave Street wear, Compound street wear..Yeah..
Little Miss Sunshine
Jazz Hands
Little Miss Sunshine
June 15th, 2007 at 09:12pm
Digger:
Swanston Street is pretty orsum.

Then there's Radical Records in Dandenong [a hole, I know XD] that's pretty good.

And I guess Off Ya Tree has been mentioned for Band tees? ^__^

YAY! Someone else knows of Radicals existance. I <3 it in there. My friend used to do work experience there.

If anyone goes my way [waay up north near cairns] We've got Tastee, Fetish 4 Lyf, Tree of Life, Shanti Shanti, It's Extreme [2 actually one sells more of the street wear and stuff, the other sells all the extreme sports gear] annnnd yeah..That's all I can think of right now. There are more...
Little Miss Sunshine
Jazz Hands
Little Miss Sunshine
June 15th, 2007 at 09:14pm
Wednesday Addams:
Would Supre be the only place to get super fitter jeans without having to pay heaps and heaps of money? (Taking about Sydney area btw.)
Little Miss Sunshine
Jazz Hands
Little Miss Sunshine
June 15th, 2007 at 09:16pm
Wednesday Addams:
Would Supre be the only place to get super fitter jeans without having to pay heaps and heaps of money? (Taking about Sydney area btw.)

elliephant:
Wednesday Addams:
Does anybody know of any good stores in NSW that sell good skinny jeans? I've seen them in a couple stores, though they're always too loose around the calf, even when I tried on a size 9. Sad Help?

finally, someone who has the same issue as me. I have all my other friends going "skinnies are always too small" But I can't get a pair that fit around the calf either.
So if anyone knows where I can get some super fitted ones in Melbourne?

Also, technically not a cool store in aus, but they ship here www.modcloth.com (can't make a link work for some reason) I just got a load of awesome stuff and they send freebies with most orders too.

I brought some pretty tight skinny legs from Jay Jays. They're just the standard black. the Daddy Long Legs aren't that tight [only 97% cotton, 3% spandex], but if you get the regular ones with the new formula of 96% cotton and 4% spandex. Make sure you check the tags on it. They're priced any where between $25 and $39 depending on the store and if they're having a sale.
Little Miss Sunshine
Jazz Hands
Little Miss Sunshine
June 15th, 2007 at 09:21pm
Well....that's my shopping rant for the day.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 16th, 2007 at 08:33am
Yeh, I already tried the Jay Jay's ones. Except I need the Daddy Long Leg kind, the regular are too short.
Wednesday Addams
Salute You in Your Grave
Wednesday Addams
June 17th, 2007 at 01:55am
^ I tried Jay Jays too. They were still too big around the calf.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 17th, 2007 at 02:00am
Maybe I'll just give up and wear skirts all the time. Now I can't even find a decent fitting normal pair of jeans. I've tried on 17 pairs of jeans this week, all different styles, stores etc, and except for 2 pairs which were both $190 nothing has fitted properly. They either fit fine up top and thenare too big around the calves, or they're too tight all over, or too big. Sigh.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 17th, 2007 at 03:34am

I'm pretty sure 1% difference in the composition isn't going to make the jeans fit right...

Shopping for skinny jeans pisses me off so much.
Screw jeans, I'm gonna wear dresses instead XD
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 17th, 2007 at 04:21am
amen to that. I adore dresses. I just got the most awesome bright blue and black check dress with pockets. It's my favourite thing ever.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
June 17th, 2007 at 06:56am
I've found that Sportsgirl jeans are the only jeans that fit me properly.
Usually I always, always, always have to wear a belt with my jeans, even if they're the right size and all, and even with my skinny leg jeans I have to wear a belt.
And my belt doesn't go tight enough, so I'm still pulling my jeans up anyway.
But yeah.
Sportsgirl FTW. ^^,
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 17th, 2007 at 08:15am
generally buying pants is a pain in the neck, but i do have some luck every now and then. Best best pair of pants that ever fitted me is the pair of black skinny legs i'm wearing now & it only costed 20bux. bargain!

i'm not big on dresses- at least not the ones most shops sell now...show me another big plastic button and i will make you swallow it.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 17th, 2007 at 08:37am
I was into the big plastic buttons, but then they got bigger, and bigger and more and more ridiculous. Maybe I should just wear a massive button.