Don't have an account? Create one!

On-line relationships

AuthorMessage
stxrlesseyes
Always Born a Crime
stxrlesseyes
January 3rd, 2008 at 06:19pm
MyDeutschRomance:
Online friends are ok but actual relationships are stupid, pointless and really creepy.

agreed.

people who are in online relationships: how can you love someone who you've never met?
never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
January 3rd, 2008 at 06:30pm
---I don't think that you can fall in love over the internet. You can get to know somebody, find out the things that you have in common, and maybe see pictures of eachother, but it could be quite heartbreaking and possibly even dangerous. Maybe you fall for some girl over the internet and find out that she's nothing like you thought she would be.
black_parader_
Killjoy
black_parader_
January 3rd, 2008 at 07:55pm
Eurgh I Think Online Relationships Are Really Bad. I Got Into One An It Was A Total Nightmare!!
Desiderium
Killjoy
Desiderium
January 6th, 2008 at 09:10pm
Well, I just got out of an online relationship...

I was a little afraid at first. Like, I was afraid he was some scary pedo man, but he turned out not to be. We met four times in a year before we broke up. He left me because 1) He hated not to see me every day and 2) He fell for his friend. Something he told me he'd never do. Bleh. x_x

But yeah, if both of the people do their part to keep the relationship going, (after they've proven that they aren't a sexual predator or something) then I think online relationships are fine.
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 14th, 2008 at 07:21pm
I dunno.
I mean, I have friends in internet relationships. There are good points and bad points; less likely to judge, more possible to cheat. Sometimes distance gets too much; sometimes it's easier to avoid ex's.
I personally don't think it's the greatest idea, watching my friends make mistakes along the way. However, they were/are so happy, so who am I to judge, I suppose?

One more thing.
Do you think it can really be love if the two people have never met and most likely will never meet? If they only hear the other's voice over a wire[telephone]? They only see each other in pictures and on webcam?
What do you think?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 14th, 2008 at 09:41pm
Desiderium:

I was a little afraid at first. Like, I was afraid he was some scary pedo man, but he turned out not to be. We met four times in a year before we broke up. He left me because 1) He hated not to see me every day and 2) He fell for his friend. Something he told me he'd never do. Bleh. x_x

But yeah, if both of the people do their part to keep the relationship going, (after they've proven that they aren't a sexual predator or something) then I think online relationships are fine.

I've been in an online relationship as well. I never met the guy, but it was really nice. We eventually 'broke up' because neither of us liked that we could never see each other. I never really considered him my boyfriend, but I was very close to him, attracted to him, and we often referred to each other like a couple might (Like with sweety, honey, baby)

Really it's the same as a long distance relationship. The only thing that's bad about it are the dangers. It could be a pedo or he/she could be lying. I asked my 'boyfriend' to send me a picture holding the days newspaper and a clearly visible sign with my name on it. It's possible it was fake, but he never asked me for any personal information or inappropriate photos or talked to me in a dirty way.

If neither person is lying of course it can be love. Love is supposed to be about who a person is.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
August 18th, 2008 at 03:13am
Desiderium:

see but there really isnt a way that they can prove that they arent a sexual predator. the only way to prove that its not some 40 year old rapist, is to meet in person, but thats not a safe thing to do, because what if it is pedo? once you've met in person, he(or she in the rare case) can kidnap you. and if you think that meeting in a public place is the way to do it, then think about this, public places can be very crowded, and its not hard for a face to disappear into it. thats why i could never do an online relationship, but thats just me.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 18th, 2008 at 06:43am
^It would be very hard for them to fake if you talk to them through a webcam.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 18th, 2008 at 03:10pm
I've made so many good friends online... I would say three of my best friends I met online.

One of these friends gave me his phone number, and I called it. I have been talking to him over the internet for almost a year, and using a phone for several months. We are now tentatively in a relationship, but not really. He has said he loves me, and I have said I love him. I have hope that we might actually make it in an actual relationship.

I know 2 couples who met over the internet. One of them is engaged. So it can work, you just have to be willing to try for it.
heartstolenbymcr
Killjoy
heartstolenbymcr
August 18th, 2008 at 04:46pm
my friend is totally in love with this 26 year old guy who lives 200000 miles away! and shes 14. i think its stupid and kinda dangerous . besides you never get to hold their hand . or see them in person. its not a real relationship
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 18th, 2008 at 04:59pm
ignore
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 18th, 2008 at 05:24pm
The 26 year old guy/14 year old girl part isn't good. The online part isn't the problem, it's that the guy is 12 years older then her.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 18th, 2008 at 05:28pm
^^ oh , your right.

Sorry I didn't notice that part =/
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
August 25th, 2008 at 11:43am
i would never take take the chance
i made a myspace once and i saw myspace tom on my friends thing and i freaked out i was like "WTF THERE AN FN STAKER ON MY PAGE!"
hahaha i didnt know who he was..........Smile
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
August 29th, 2008 at 11:25am
I think they are really risky, because anyone today can be pretending, you've got no idea if the person behind the name is really who they say they are.
But, its only a question, because i have never been in an online relationship before, what if that person was really your soul mate? What if you never met them, because of all the precautions which have to be taken these days? When things were new and innocent, you might have met your true soul mate, but now you can't. But what if this situation arises? And you miss it?
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
August 30th, 2008 at 01:29am
I think it's okay, if you talk to the person a long time before ever meeting them. On the phone and online. Webcams would be great, because you can actually see what the person looks like, because we all know some people lie about their appearence.

But, no, I've met great friends online, so I don't see why somebody couldn't date someone online. I think as long as they talk for a long time, and really get to know eachother before meeting in person, it's good.
sciencefreak897
Banned
sciencefreak897
September 8th, 2008 at 01:41pm
I have lots of friends online, and in fact, my three best friends I've never even met! I dated online 2 times... Once to a guy who turned out to be fake, and once to a girl who lied about liking me.. broke my heart! I think it's okay, but you need to be 100% sure that the person is real.
Dir-en-grey
Joining The Black Parade
Dir-en-grey
November 20th, 2008 at 09:41am
I think that it's someones choice to date someone from another state. I'm in Ohio and I dated someone in Colorado for like 2 years. The only reason we broke up is because she needed help that I couldn't give her. It depends how you feel about not being able to see who you are "dating" for a long time.
creameggsandcheese
Killjoy
creameggsandcheese
November 20th, 2008 at 10:04pm
The.Blue.Kitten:
Anyone want to share their opinions and thoughts on on-line relationships? Like is it okay for someone in texas to go out with someone in michigan? (just and example, im from jersey)

It depends... for me, online dating has been... emotional and hard... Every person I've dated ended up breaking my heart, but maybe that's just my emoness... but my point is, the longest time I've dated someone online is about 2 months and then on and off for about 6 months... With people in my town, it's lasted longer... But I think I start trusting people too easy... so you shouldn't take dating advice form me at all
Sex and Candy
Salute You in Your Grave
Sex and Candy
December 2nd, 2008 at 03:48pm
I've had like 3 but they were all pointless and so easy.
If your looking for an easy relationship the online is the way to go.
But otherwise its a total waste of time!