Don't have an account? Create one!

05/03/2007 - Glens Falls New York - Glens Falls Civic Center - CANCELED

AuthorMessage
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
March 2nd, 2007 at 11:29pm
ook soo i started the Uniondale board, which is now at 21 pages, and on it we've been talking about the newest tour date: May 3rd at Glens Falls Civic Center, so i figured i might as well make a new topic.

although it says Albany on their myspace, glens falls is NOT in Albany... it is about an hour away (closer to Lake George if you know that area)

so who shall we be seeing there?
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 3rd, 2007 at 01:25pm
i'm gonna try SUPER HARD to go.
my best friend (who i got addicted to MCR) wants to go.
the only problem is it's 2 hours away from our school and we don't have a car. so yea.

Anyone in the Clinton, NY area planning on going? lol.

are tix the same price as they were for Uniondale? I can totally fork over that much to see the most amazing band ever. (and i'm not talking about Muse. Wink even though they're okay. not my faveorite, but good enough).

^ do you have pics from uniondale (i dunno if you posted them on the other board) and if you do, could you pm me with the links? thanks! Smile
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
Bleeding on the Floor
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
March 3rd, 2007 at 02:04pm
i wanna go!..i dont know though, dont have a car, mom doesnt drive, dad does but i havent talked to him in years(and this is very tempting now XD) ....it was hard enough getting to L.I.

i suppose the prices will be the same ..

i cant get my friends addicted to mcr! >__< i hate them...i have to find a victim though lol
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 3rd, 2007 at 10:03pm
haha good luck. Wink... why don't you try amtrack or greyhound?
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 4th, 2007 at 06:08am
URGENT - CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET TICKETS FOR THIS CONCERT!

I'm in New York that week, (I live in the UK), and I really really really really really really want to go! The link on their official website didn't work, is there an official ticket website I can get them from - please help, I'll love you forever! Nyam

EDIT: PANIC OVER - I've got them - yay! Dance Dance Dance
See you there!
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 4th, 2007 at 11:58am
sweet, congrats on getting tix. i'm getting mine by the end of the week. i have to find out how much a cab costs for a two and a half hour drive...

I'M SO EXCITED!
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
March 4th, 2007 at 12:17pm
NOpoetAcriminal:

^ do you have pics from uniondale (i dunno if you posted them on the other board) and if you do, could you pm me with the links? thanks! Smile

yess i have lots of super good pics! a lot of them have peoples arms and stuff cauei was on the floor. is pm just messaging?
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 4th, 2007 at 02:20pm
yea, pming is just messaging.
arms are fine.... i was on the floor too... major stiff neck from looking over all the friggin tall people.
thanks so much!

i'm really excited about glens falls ::dances::

does anyone think that they'll switch up their set a little bit ? or at least the revenge part since they're on the second leg of the tour and have a different opener and are in a similar area? i don't think they'll change the black parade part, but if anything, they may change up their second set. what does everyone think?
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
March 4th, 2007 at 03:31pm
hm. i think black parade will be the same.. but maybe the intro will be a little different. cause i went to a concert in november and the entire lineup was different and the way they started and everything... and then februarys was different, so since their on the "homestretch" i guess you could call it, since it seems to be the last major leg of the tour for a while, they probably will change some little thing

im praying they plays some Bullets tho!
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 4th, 2007 at 03:49pm
yea, i really would love to hear some stuff off bullets.
mainly headfirst for halos, our lady of sorrows, and demolition lovers. much love there,
but as long as they play i'm not okay and thank you for the venom (my two faves off revenge, if i HAD to choose), then i'm a happy girl
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
March 4th, 2007 at 05:51pm
hmm i agree with ur bullets, plus vampires (all time fav song). but revenge im a fan of prison, hang em high, and fashion statement.... but vemon and not ok are close seconds!
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 4th, 2007 at 05:57pm
lol yea.
it was really funny i was having a break down the other day and my bf was freaked out cuz i was crying (and i never cry) and he was like are you okay
and without thinking i say:
no, i'm not okay.
then i started laughing and he was like WTF?

but yea, i really like vampires too. i actually made a shirt based on that song. it's got the lyrics on the back and a staked heart on the front. it looked good when i first made it, but the sharpie bled when i washed it.
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 4th, 2007 at 05:58pm
Can anyone help - again?
In my over-excited state, I didn't realise that Glen Falls wasn't New York City, but of course a part of New York State! I'm staying in New York City, for that night, does anyone know how to get to Glen Falls from NYC (i.e. how long does it take and what's the best way to get there?). I really must read things properly! I swear there should be an MCR Helpline, for the addicted and skint like me, these guys are going to unintentionally bankrupt me!
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
March 4th, 2007 at 06:03pm
Burn all the Empires:
Can anyone help - again?
In my over-excited state, I didn't realise that Glen Falls wasn't New York City, but of course a part of New York State! I'm staying in New York City, for that night, does anyone know how to get to Glen Falls from NYC (i.e. how long does it take and what's the best way to get there?). I really must read things properly! I swear there should be an MCR Helpline, for the addicted and skint like me, these guys are going to unintentionally bankrupt me!
well it will take over 3 hours because i live in westchester, which is like 45 minutes north of the city, and its gona take me about 3 hours. otherwise go to Mapquest.com, go to directions, put in the location ur at now and the location of the civic center is:
Glens Falls Civic Center
1 Civic Center Plaza
Glens Falls, NY 12801

it will give u directions and the time it takes
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
March 4th, 2007 at 06:06pm
NOpoetAcriminal:
lol yea.
it was really funny i was having a break down the other day and my bf was freaked out cuz i was crying (and i never cry) and he was like are you okay
and without thinking i say:
no, i'm not okay.
then i started laughing and he was like WTF?

but yea, i really like vampires too. i actually made a shirt based on that song. it's got the lyrics on the back and a staked heart on the front. it looked good when i first made it, but the sharpie bled when i washed it.

thats actually really funny. i was at my friends house the other night, there was like 4 of us playing poker and i made them listen to the black parade while playing poker (i sing along and then have a good striaght face, haha) and randomly id throw in facts i know about gerard and the rest of mrc, like their middle names, parents names, ages, birthdays... normal stuff... and one of my friends was like "megan, im embassared for you." haha i thought it was funny but they think im over obsessed.

people just dont understand MCR
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 4th, 2007 at 07:04pm
thud OMG - I can get from North-East Scotland to England in that time! Bangin
What have I done? *rings for the men in white coats riding in the van with square wheels, to take me to the room with cushioned walls*
These guys are going to be the death of me, I am seriously losing it, I used to be such a sensible, sane, mature person, now I'm just a quivering MCR addict with no common sense and a very empty bank account!
Thanks for the info, I'll hopefully see you there, I'll be the british one in the straight-jacket, with the quibbling bottom lip and uncontrollable dribbling! Crying or Very sad
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
March 4th, 2007 at 07:08pm
Burn all the Empires:
thud OMG - I can get from North-East Scotland to England in that time! Bangin
What have I done? *rings for the men in white coats riding in the van with square wheels, to take me to the room with cushioned walls*
These guys are going to be the death of me, I am seriously losing it, I used to be such a sensible, sane, mature person, now I'm just a quivering MCR addict with no common sense and a very empty bank account!
Thanks for the info, I'll hopefully see you there, I'll be the british one in the straight-jacket, with the quibbling bottom lip and uncontrollable dribbling! Crying or Very sad

that made me laugh, which i know is horrible and i really feel bad for you. trust me, i know how much it sucks to travel longer than the actual concert is. when (if) you mapquested it, how long did it say it would take you?
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 4th, 2007 at 07:23pm
You're right it is funny! Being from the UK you kind of don't realise how vast the US is, because we're only tiny!
I did Mapquest and it said 3 and a 1/2 hours! I'll have to see if there's a bus or train I can get, how daft am I?
I appreciate your help!
And do you know what the even more daft thing is - I've booked a ticket for the Reading, PA concert the day after as well (it is my birthday though!), and I've just put that on Mapquest and it's going to take 2 hours 20mins!
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
March 4th, 2007 at 08:45pm
Burn all the Empires:
You're right it is funny! Being from the UK you kind of don't realise how vast the US is, because we're only tiny!
I did Mapquest and it said 3 and a 1/2 hours! I'll have to see if there's a bus or train I can get, how daft am I?
I appreciate your help!
And do you know what the even more daft thing is - I've booked a ticket for the Reading, PA concert the day after as well (it is my birthday though!), and I've just put that on Mapquest and it's going to take 2 hours 20mins!

i would be eternally jealous if you went to 2 concerts 2 days in a row! u should make it 3 and go to the Bamboozle on saturday!
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 4th, 2007 at 11:14pm
yea, totally go for three in a row (i would hate you eternally in that kind of burning flame of jealousy) but that's so awesome. and it'll only be about 3-4 hours for bamboozle from NYC.
you're So Fucking Lucky. i def. don't have THAT much money. i think i'm taking a cab to glens falls anyway.
there should be a greyhound bus or amtrack train to take. try greyhound.com or amtrack.com. they should be helpful. you may still need to take a cab from there. but you should totally just go for it. LUCKY.

but yea. i was at the uniondale concert w/ my mom (yea, i'm cool like that. my mom actually really liked the concert though, so she qualifies as the COOLEST MOM EVER!!!) and i was throwing in random facts whenever i could and during the black parade set i was like "________ is next!" and she would just look at me like "how the HELL do you know that?!"
but yea. i talk about the MCR guys as if they're my best friends. i quote interviews and songs and stuff all the time and ppl don't get it, so i'm just like... "Inside joke with myself and my chem" and my friends just continue on with the conversation.