Don't have an account? Create one!

Have you ever met MCR?

AuthorMessage
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
March 3rd, 2007 at 03:27am
I'm not sure if there is a thread that is lurking in the depths of the forum about this.

Have any of you met them?
Where did you meet them?
How did you meet them?
What did you say?
What did you do?
What did THEY say?
What did THEY do?
Full details please.
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
March 3rd, 2007 at 05:10am
tl;dr

Yes.

Where did you meet them?
MCR: After the Jan 24th show in Brisbane, Australia.
Ray, again: After the Jan 27th show in Sydney, Australia.

How did you meet them?
They just came out after the show.

What did you say?
Ray: I think I just thanked him and told him it was a great show, and shook his hand.
Gerard: I said hi and asked him to sign my wrist so I could get it tattoed on. He asked if I was sure, I said I was very sure. He signed it, I said thank you and told him I'd dhow him in Sydney or Melbourne and he said, "Ok, cool."
Mikey: I shook his hand and told him I didn't have anything for him to sign, and that I just wanted to say thank you. I said congratulations on the wedding. He said thank you. Then I realised I fucked up and said, "I mean good luck on the wedding, not congratulations!" and he just laughed and said thank you again.
Ray (a few minutes after the first time): I just asked him if he knew how Frank was and whether he knew if he was coming for the other Australian shows. He said hopefully and that Frank was on a lot of medication and they weren't sure if he could fly yet. Then I just said bye and thanks again and he said bye.
Ray (in Sydney): I firstly apologized for all the screaming girls that were surrounding them, and he said don't worry about it. I asked if they were coming out after the show in Melbourne and he said hopefully, if they could. Then I apologized again for the stupid girls, again he said "don't worry about it, it's fine", and I shook his hand, said goodbye and "I'll see you in Melbourne".

What did you do?
See above.

What did THEY say?
See above.

What did THEY do?
See above.

Full details please.
I think that's it. After they walked off, I turned around and crossed the road, sat down and started crying. Then they drove off and waved to me and my friends (just us, since we were the only ones on that side of the road.) Then I cried some more because it was so surreal. I'm so glad I didn't cry in front of them. Easily the momet of my life.

The end.
x_pansy
Motor Baby
x_pansy
March 3rd, 2007 at 05:27am
^^ awww I love hearing about other people meeting them! Even though Im beyond jealousy right now, I'm so happy for you

Edit: FUCK YEA I AM SAVIOUR OF THE BROKEN!! WOOT WOOT! go my 200th post and Im sorry for the spam everyone... carry on
tennant.
Full of Ephedrine
tennant.
March 3rd, 2007 at 08:49am
I've met them in my dreams

lol
MCR_megafan
Joining The Black Parade
MCR_megafan
March 3rd, 2007 at 09:19am
nine volt heart.:
tl;dr

Yes.

Where did you meet them?
MCR: After the Jan 24th show in Brisbane, Australia.
Ray, again: After the Jan 27th show in Sydney, Australia.

How did you meet them?
They just came out after the show.

What did you say?
Ray: I think I just thanked him and told him it was a great show, and shook his hand.
Gerard: I said hi and asked him to sign my wrist so I could get it tattoed on. He asked if I was sure, I said I was very sure. He signed it, I said thank you and told him I'd dhow him in Sydney or Melbourne and he said, "Ok, cool."
Mikey: I shook his hand and told him I didn't have anything for him to sign, and that I just wanted to say thank you. I said congratulations on the wedding. He said thank you. Then I realised I fucked up and said, "I mean good luck on the wedding, not congratulations!" and he just laughed and said thank you again.
Ray (a few minutes after the first time): I just asked him if he knew how Frank was and whether he knew if he was coming for the other Australian shows. He said hopefully and that Frank was on a lot of medication and they weren't sure if he could fly yet. Then I just said bye and thanks again and he said bye.
Ray (in Sydney): I firstly apologized for all the screaming girls that were surrounding them, and he said don't worry about it. I asked if they were coming out after the show in Melbourne and he said hopefully, if they could. Then I apologized again for the stupid girls, again he said "don't worry about it, it's fine", and I shook his hand, said goodbye and "I'll see you in Melbourne".

What did you do?
See above.

What did THEY say?
See above.

What did THEY do?
See above.

Full details please.
I think that's it. After they walked off, I turned around and crossed the road, sat down and started crying. Then they drove off and waved to me and my friends (just us, since we were the only ones on that side of the road.) Then I cried some more because it was so surreal. I'm so glad I didn't cry in front of them. Easily the momet of my life.

The end.

wow. you should make that into a movie lol
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 3rd, 2007 at 03:33pm
Y'all are lucky. They're comin' to D.C....which is near me. I've never been to a concert but maybe....
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
March 3rd, 2007 at 05:41pm
*hopes this thread doesn't get locked cause i like reading stories of meeting the band*.

i haven't technically met them, properly, but i saw them after their show i went to last year [Liverpool Uni, 13th Nov '06], outside of the venue, afterwards.
there was a big barricade up though cause there was loads of people there, screaming and stuff, beside the tour bus.

gerard came out first, with this big fluffy-hooded parka on- it was very cute on him. and he started signing and people were going a bit mad. and i somehow managed to push my way near the barricade and hold up the bag that had the letters i wrote for them. and i held it to him, and he went to sign it but i shook my head and said it was for him, and he took it from me and said thank you. and then i held my book up and he signed it, i said thanks.
and at that point i backed away and started to cry, [kinda like you Lik] cause it felt so weird and emotional that i had just stood infront of a hero of mine, and given him the letters i spent so long writing.
i felt kind of bad for gerard because the guards had said he was ill, so he wouldn't be taking pictures with anyone. and he was very quiet and reserved through the whole thing. i felt so guilty asking him for his autograph, i really didn't want to bother him, but i knew afterwards i'd regret it if i didn't get it, so i asked him as politely as i could.
and all through the night, [cause he went into the tourbus soon after he came out] i kept looking up at the bus and waving at the blacked out windows, in hope he might see me, and it'd make him feel better, heh, cause he looked a bit down when he came out.

and after a while frank came out, there were less people there cause some left after gerard went back inside.
i gave him my book and while he signed it, he said "try forging that shit!", which everyone laughed at, cause his writing is a huge scribble. [he wrote, 'Keep the Faith. Frank Iero'. i think. it was kind of hard to read if he spelt his name in full or not]. i said thankyou to him, and he went on and signed for the rest of the people.

then mikey came out along with ray, and they each started at opposite ends of the line, and worked their way along. and ray thanked the people who were around our area, for coming to the show and waiting outside afterwards and all, and we said how good the show was. he signed my book, and i said thanks. his voice is so cool. it's so high pitched. ^_^.

mikey came round our side, and i handed him my book, and said thankyou to him and he said in a really squeaky voice "no problem!"-it was really funny. and he handed it back to me and i said thankyou so much, again. and before he went back inside, he gave someone a high five, and then he gave everyone at the end of the queue [where me and my friends were] a high-five. so i've high-fived mikey way. heh. and then we licked our hands, a bit, to see if they tasted of mikey xD.

bob came out last, we had to wait for so long until he came out, and there was hardly anyone there anymore, we were at the very end of the queue and just as bob got to us, worm [bodyguard guy] told him he had to go, and there was only about 4 of us left for him to sign. so he had to walk off. i was extremely upset because i wanted to talk to bob the most.

we loitered around for a bit longer, in hope bob would come back again and frank came out with his suitcase to get on the bus, a few people got his autograph and talked to him again, and he started giving hugs to people, over the barrier. and he was like "does anyone else want a hug?" so spread out my arms and slung them around his neck and squeezed pretty hard. lol. it was very sureal. and then when i let go he said "waoh, that's a fucking kung-fu grip you got there!" and everyone laughed.
and it was just the highlight of my life.

that's basically it, condensed. i'm sorry i write so much. heh. i start and i find it hard to stop.

i went there thinking i would be extremely lucky to even just glimpse them after the show. i felt so grateful just to be there, seeing them play and i ended up being able to give them the letters that i had written them all, i high-fived mikey, i hugged frank.

it was the best day of my life.
jesse lacey.
Salute You in Your Grave
jesse lacey.
March 3rd, 2007 at 08:43pm
Wow, you all are so lucky. My dad never lets me hang around after shows... even though I've seen my chem twice and I'm going again in may, I haven't met them. =(
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
March 3rd, 2007 at 08:48pm
THat DOES count as meeting them!.

I am SO jelous of you all.

KEPP THE STORIES COMING

I love these stories Very Happy

Edit: Yeh, Ive seem them twice. And I've met Franks fill in, but thats all.
Its not MEETING them but heres the story:

We were sitting in the street that MCRs hotel was. It was the day before the Big Day Out (the festival MCR were playing) and all the bands were coming in.
We sat on the side of the raod writting 'MCR !!" on the pavement (ohhh rebels) ,
We went into the comic book stores a couple of times. And this dude goes to another guy "Oh its those emo people looking for that band again" , We thought that was rude so we fucked off.
Then we sat on the side of the raod again with "FREE HUGS' signs.
We saw Brendan Flowers in a van, WE FREAKED OUT, because, I live in SMAL L city (Perth, the most isolated city in the world) and seeing someone like that was pretty huge.

Then, this dude walks past us and look at our mcr shirts and goes "hI GUYS" and we go "..Hey" and he goes "So do you like MCR?
and we go "FUCK YES WE DO!" and he laughed and goes "Me too...." and we were like "HIGH FIVE" and then he walked away.
He was about ten metres away when we realised it was Franks fill in, and we yelled "REMEMBER US AND SAY HI" and I dont think he heard us, so we tried to follow him be we got lost.

Then after the mcr show we met ANOTHER DAY DOWN ( THE support act) , well just the bassist, Phil. We spoke to him for about Ten minuets. Then we asked him for water and stuff, so he went back inside and got us water and THE SETLIST AND PICKS!!! ( we like to dream that he spoke to MCR of us)
And yeh,
Sorry i wasted your time.
Gina Gee
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Gina Gee
March 3rd, 2007 at 09:44pm
I wish I could meet MCR. Ya'll are so lucky. Very Happy
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
March 3rd, 2007 at 09:57pm
im pretty sure there is already a thread for this.
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
March 3rd, 2007 at 10:08pm
*in edward scissorhands voice*
I'd like to see it
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
March 3rd, 2007 at 10:34pm
Hm, well until the other thread gets found I'll just post it here.

Yes.

Where did you meet them?
January 19th, at the Auckland Big Day Out, 7:10 pm. (Yes, I took note of the time. Pfft.)

How did you meet them?
Waiting in line for three hours at the Sounds signing tent.

What did you say?
So Bob was sitting at the end of the table nearest to where I walked in. I was like "hey," (but really I was dying on the inside, but I didn't want to show them I was dying on the inside because I wanted to look cool, lmfao) and he was like "hey," and then I was about to hand him Candyland, 'cause I bought it for them, but he put out his hand for me to shake, so I shook it (I think I actually stared at it for like ten seconds wondering what the freak I should do because my brain wouldn't function), and then I handed him Candyland and I said "oh, this is for you guys!" and I laughed. And he look at it and he was like "hey, oh wow, thanks so much! We're playing games tonight!" and he held it up and told the guys to look at it, and Ray was like "oh wow, nice!" and I laughed again. And then I pushed my signing card towards him for him sign, and then Worm I think came and took the board game to hold it for them and Bob called out to him "dude, don't lose that, I want to play!" and I laughed again and I was like "thank you very much!" and he was like "no, thank you!" and I was like "you're welcome."

And then Mikey was next, and he was already holding out his hand for me to shake, so I shook it (before I continue, his hands were SO SOFT! Uh, yeah, I hope that doesn't make me seem weird) and he said "hi" I think, and I was like "hi!" and then he signed my thing, and I could hear my dad talking to Bob and I looked over and grinned real huge, and then I got my signing card off Mikey and said "thank you very much," and he smiled slightly.

And then Ray was next and he smiled real big at me and said "hey, how are you?" and I smiled real big and said "hey, I'm really good!" and I gave my signing card to him and he signed it and then I was like "thank you so so much!" and then smiled again and said I was welcome.

And then Gerard was last and he gave me his hand to shake and I really remember just holding his gaze for a few seconds, his eyes were incredible, and I can still picture them in my mind now, and he said "thank you very much," as I shook his hand and I said "no, thank you!" and he signed it for me and then I thanked him again tried not to cry.

And then I collected a hand full of flyers they were handing out as people exited, and waited for my dad to finish meeting them and then I called my mum and left his huge long rambling message on the answer phone. And uh, yeah, best moment ever.

I'm very proud of myself for acting normal towards them. I went into it thinking I was going to faint or throw up, but they really are just sweet, normal guys. In Love
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
March 3rd, 2007 at 10:49pm
AWESOME!

Whats candyland?
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
March 3rd, 2007 at 11:06pm
A board game meant for four year olds. XD
But it rocks!
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
March 3rd, 2007 at 11:12pm
Candyland is the best fucking game ever!!!
And God,
I don't know how you can keep a straight face.
I would talk and talk and probably cry my eyes out.
Amy;;
Salute You in Your Grave
Amy;;
March 3rd, 2007 at 11:26pm
I meet them at the Sounds signing tent at the New Zealand Big Day out.
It still doesnt feel like I have met them though.

They played at BDO on one of the main stages at 3.15 I think, and they played for 50 minutes.
They were amazing, although apprantly the sound set up was really bad for them,
but I was only one person away from the front, so I didnt notice.
Straight after they played I made my way across to the other end of where the event was held (through market stalls, and through people trying to watch other bands) and went to the signing tent. I got to the singing tent at about 4.20 even though they werent supposed to start signing till 6pm.
As soon as I got there I was surrounded by at least a thousand people, all trying to get to the front.
It was as bad as being in the mosh pit! I couldnt move at all!
But somehow I managed to get kind of close to the barrier.
They were only going to let 300 people through to meet MCR, and by that time there was well over 1000 people there.

I was there for at least an hour waiting in the sun (Which wasnt good for the sunburn I got while patching them play), when I saw a lady giving out the tickets that would let people get in to meet MCR. She was only about 3 people away from me, and luckily I got a ticket.
I felt like I was gonna cry right then, but thankfully I didnt.
6pm came around, and there was still no sign of them.
A little after 6.30 they finally came out. I expexted there to be alot of screaming when they came out, but there wasnt. I didnt actually realise they had come out untill a little about 5 minutes later.
After another half hour of waiting, I finally got to the front of the line.
I didnt take anything with me to get sign, but whle I was waiting people were throwing out MCR stickers so I grabbed four of those, and used those for MCR to sign.
When I got to the front the guy told me that you werent allowed to take photos of them when you met them, which kinda sucked.

And then I was in...
Bob was the first I met, and he was really full of energy and seemed so friendly and outgoing!
The total opposite of what he seems like interviews.
I shook his hand, and he signed my sticker thing, and I think I said thank you for coming, and asked him if he liked New Zealand,and he said it was awesome.

Mikey was next. He seemed a little irritated, possibly grumpy (I feel kind of bad saying that). But that could have been because of the time difference. I shook his hand and was asking him a question (cant remember what), but the security guy pushed me along to the next person.

The next person was Ray. He was sweating heaps, and when I got to him he was saying to "Man its so hot!" to Gerard, and he wiped his head with a towel.
I dont know if I was imagining things or not, but his sweat looked really white.
Man, i sound really weird saying that.
He asked how I was and I think I said something like "Im really good, thanks."

And last was Gerard. He seemed a bit tired. I asked him for a hug and he was like "yeah sure" and hugged me. Meeting him was just...wow. The whole time I kept thinking "I cant be meeting them!"
It felt really weird seeing there faces in person, and talking to them.
I just wish we could have spent more time talking, instead of getting pushed along.

So thats it.
After i met Gerard I left the tent, then went and stood by the barrier and took HEAPS of videos and pictures.
Ill post the video them signing and Ray waving if I can find it.
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
March 3rd, 2007 at 11:47pm
Ohh I think I have seen that one of Ray waving!
Sigh-lar
Jazz Hands
Sigh-lar
March 6th, 2007 at 03:32pm
Hey, I started a thread on this topic but its disappearted so I assume this one was here first, please someone else tell their story, I'm going to see them in 3 weeks (my first live music event in my entire life!!!) and want to know what they were like. Were they nice or funny or exceited or rude or what? Did you give them a pressie? How long do you get to spend with them before someone makes the line move along? Please tell!!!!! Clap
daniel radcliffe.
In a Bullet's Embrace
daniel radcliffe.
March 6th, 2007 at 05:18pm
Im Soooooooooooooo Jealous!!!!!!!!!!