Don't have an account? Create one!

Have you ever met MCR?

AuthorMessage
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 18th, 2008 at 04:42am
I met all of them except Frank at the Adelaide BDO in Feb., 2007. It was in the signing tent, and we all had to line up for ages. We finally got a stamp to get let in, but by that stage we were all either;
a) sunburnt;
b) had heatstroke;
c) dying of thirst (none of us wanted to leave the line to get water. why? i don't know!), or;
d) all of the above.

Ray was really chatty and awesome, Bob was friendly and sweet, but Mikey and Gerard were really distant. Gerard has the weakest handshake ever. And he was wearing his ridiculous sunglasses inside the tent.

My friend beside me wasn't even a fan of MCR, so she didn't know their names. She asked Mikey, "Oh, are you the hot one??!" and Mikey went a lovely shade of pink and gave her a strange look. I was highly amused.

vampire kitteh :3
Thinking Happy Thoughts
June 28th, 2008 at 10:36am
i am seriously crying right now. you guys are so lucky!!!! im beyond jelous but happy for you!!! i REALLY want to meet them.... but i've never been to a concert or anything. and right now they'r off tour Sad all i can do is hope i meet them in a grocery store or something.... : /
Thinking Happy Thoughts
June 28th, 2008 at 10:41am
Mrs.Halloween:
oh goodness^^ you're so lucky.
you don't look crap, you look really pretty Very Happy. [i love your hoodie]

damnit i want that hoodie. but it costs like $50 Sad
gonelikeasong
Killjoy
gonelikeasong
June 29th, 2008 at 02:03pm
I met Ray October 26th at the Prudential Center in Newark when My Chem opened for Bon Jovi. After My Chem went off my friend and I went lurking around the building to see if they were walking around. We found James but there was no sign of My Chem. Towards the end of Bon Jovi's set my friend and I went back down to our seats. During the encore we got back up and stood on the veranda so we could walk out when Bon Jovi ended. I was leaning against a pillar and the lights from the stage went on really bright and illuminated the veranda. I glanced over to my right and Ray was standing there with his (then girlfriend) fiance. He had a beer in his hand and he was singing to whatever song Bon Jovi were in the middle of. I waited until the end of the song and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and said hello and I asked how he was and if he would sign the Black Parade booklet I had luckily thought to bring with me. He said he was doing great and asked how I was and signed my booklet. He was smiling and everything which was so nice to see. I didn't want to hold him up when he was with his fiance so I thanked him and we exchanged goodbyes. Definitely the greatest day of my life. Unfortunately I have not met the other boys yet.
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
June 29th, 2008 at 04:12pm
you people who have met them are so lucky!
i saw bob, ray and mikey getting on the tour bus at my last show and i could've met frank if i was standing at the right gate, i missed him by 5 minutes...im still annoyed about that Cheese
maybe next time whenever that is.....
smiledrug.
Killjoy
smiledrug.
June 30th, 2008 at 06:17am
Have any of you met them?
Ah, not all of them.

Where did you meet them?
Lifestyles Community Pavillion, Columbus, Ohio. May 4th, 2008.

What did you say?
After the show, me and my friends charged down to the tour bus gates, and there were already people gathering and collapsing on the pavement. I hung out, chatted with some people, and shared my water. So this guy on the other side of the gate is talking, and he's all, "No, we don't have any relation to the band, we can't get them for you." And I guess everybody pulled a scary face or something, so he was like, "Okay, we'll get Frank for a quick signing." We screamed at this short guy that was walking past in a grey hoodie, and he walked faster, lol. I don't know if it was Frank or not, but his reaction was funny.
So Frank is walking up in a little hat and jacket and he's all adorable-like, and he stops before he gets to us and talks to some girls that got let in with V.I.P. or something. So he comes up, everybody is instructed to form a line, and I was near the front so he got to me pretty quick.
I giggled a lot, said hi, shook his hand, and had him sign my iPod. This one girl said something about a chainsaw (I believe in reference to the tattoo), and he was like, "What? Where??" One girl was like, "HIGH FIVE, FRANK! Thank you for existing!" "I thank my parents for that." "Thank them for me." "I will." I followed him down the line and just watched him. The security with him was like, "AHDJAH NO CAMERAS I WILL KICK YOUR ASS." So I didn't think about taking pictures, but now that I think about, I regret not doing it. Because there was a gate between us, he wasn't going to do anything, and my dad got a picture with his phone, so lol.
I popped up again further down the lane for him to sign my shoe, and shook his hand again. My friend had a copy of The Catcher in the Rye for Gerard to sign, but he wasn't there, so she got Frank to sign it anyway.
"I have a copy of The Catcher in the Rye for you to sign, Frank."
"Oh, sweet."
Some girl: "IT'S FROM HER LIBRARY."
"Oh, so you stole it?"
"Nonono, I paid for it. =D"
"Well I'm going to steal it from you, now. -shoves it in his jacket, walks away and comes back-"
And then she took her shoe off and got him to sign that, too. And he smelled it(wtf?) and crinkled up his little nose at it. So she shook his hand and was sniffing it and describing the smell to him, and he kinda looked at her like, "Wtf?" and was like, "You know....I just scratched my ass before I shook your hand."
"LOL."
Me and my friends hung around until he had gotten everybody, and then we said bye, my friend gave him a mirror(wtf), and we watched him leave and then we skipped down the sidewalk and giggled like happy leprechauns.
Bullets of Revenge
Fabulous Killjoy
Bullets of Revenge
July 1st, 2008 at 12:58pm
I've never met them but my friend has had 2 close encounters. Once she saw Mikey through a window so she was like a foot away from him and then the security guards made her leave. And the other time was at our MCR concert and she saw Ray, Bob, and Mikey walk past her but it happened so fast that she didn't get to say anything. And my other friend saw them leaving Starbucks.

I have stalked them a few times but never met them. Every time I'm in New Jersey I look for them lol. And at their concert I knocked on the door of the tour buses. One guy came out and I asked him if Gerard and Frank were on there (they were the only ones that weren't out yet) and he said he was a band from Australia. Smile After many attempts of sneeking backstage I never met them. I didn't even get to stay after the concert but everyone said they just got in their bus and didn't meet anyone.
Bullets of Revenge
Fabulous Killjoy
Bullets of Revenge
July 1st, 2008 at 01:04pm
Someone told me that if you want to meet them, you wait for everyone to go inside and then wait by their bus and then they will get off. We were thinking about doing it but we thought it was a small chance and we didn't want to stand at the back.
Robert Corey Bryar.
Always Born a Crime
Robert Corey Bryar.
July 1st, 2008 at 01:16pm
we probably could have gotten to meet them at Bamboozle '08.. me and my sister had various close calls..>.< and we found out that when we were at the Skeleton Crew tent right after New Tomorrow's show, we were talking to the band, and Frank was RIGHT.IN.FRONT.OF.US. but we didn't recognize him, or we weren't paying attention or something... after MCR was finished and security was herding everyone out of the venue, there were a bunch of little girls in MCR merch outside the gates of the buses, and me and my sister started laughing and yelled "they're not gonna come out!".. they all just glared at us, and we laughed again and sat down on the pavement..
doctor who?
Salute You in Your Grave
doctor who?
July 1st, 2008 at 03:47pm
SoCalMCRFan:
Have any of you met them? I met Gerard, Ray and Bob

Where did you meet them? Outside the iPayOne Center in San Diego, California

How did you meet them? I met them while waiting in the cold for four LONG hours.

What did you say? I asked Gerard (3 times!!!) if I could take a picture with me. Same to Bob and Ray.

What did you do? Inner fangirled Laughing

What did THEY say? "Yeah sure!" for the picture and autographs

What did THEY do? They signed my flyer and I took a pic with each of them.

Full details please. After MCR performed at the iPayOne Center in San Diego, fans and I waited by the busses. Worm, Gerard, Ray, and Bob came out. Gerard signed my flyer and I took a picture with him. I didn't ask for a hug because he left me speechless. (Damn...) Bob and Ray also signed my flyer and took pics. They gave me a hug and I was SO happy.

Okay I am officially,Jelouse of you.I WAS AT THAT CONCERT! Gahhh!! I couldve met them Sad
FlatlineFlava
Fabulous Killjoy
FlatlineFlava
August 26th, 2011 at 04:51am
x_pansy:
^^ awww I love hearing about other people meeting them! Even though Im beyond jealousy right now, I'm so happy for you

Edit: FUCK YEA I AM SAVIOUR OF THE BROKEN!! WOOT WOOT! go my 200th post and Im sorry for the spam everyone... carry on

AWwwwww.... I'm so jealous. I'm in Indonesia. they don't even come here! *sobbing*
no, seriously, I was crying when I read about people's experiences....
FlatlineFlava
Fabulous Killjoy
FlatlineFlava
August 26th, 2011 at 05:23am
Kira Lawliet:
I am going to cry!Crying or Very sad 'Cause I've never met MCR in person. I will probably never get to meet any pepole I wanna meet because not very many come around here in Wisconsin. I never get to meet them when they do. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

AT least you're in the states. I'm like, HALFWAY AROUND THE WORLD
*burst into tears* DAMMIT why do I have to live in INDONESIA?! INDONESIA, FOR GEE'S SAKES!! Sad Cry Cry No No Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
FlatlineFlava
Fabulous Killjoy
FlatlineFlava
August 26th, 2011 at 05:44am
Just a Trick:
ohmygod. *screams*
You're so lucky. I'm happy for you, but god, I hate you, I'm just so jealous now.. Sad

that makes the two of us