Don't have an account? Create one!

Computer Art Tutorials

AuthorMessage
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
March 19th, 2007 at 11:59am
oh okay thanks. but why wont it work on msn, and where can i find fontogahper?
exterminate.
Shotgun Sinner
exterminate.
March 19th, 2007 at 06:53pm
Anyone who has Photofiltre PLEASE tell me any tutorial websites you know!!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 19th, 2007 at 07:56pm
Is this thread just for photoshop stuff? Or can I post a tutorial on how to rip and convert videos from youtube?
filthy hands.
Shotgun Sinner
filthy hands.
March 19th, 2007 at 08:15pm
^ I think you can probably post that. I'm sure there are people on here that would find it useful =) I don't think this is just for photoshop stuff only.
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 19th, 2007 at 08:33pm
You can post about any technical stuff, including iPods, mobiles etc.......
The more the better, and I'd definitely like to know how to rip and convert videos from youtube!
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
March 20th, 2007 at 12:58am
Dude, I've written a whole heaps of Colouring Tutorials on LJ, is it cool if I post links to them on here?
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
March 20th, 2007 at 01:10am
Thats Just Ace.:
Anyone who has Photofiltre PLEASE tell me any tutorial websites you know!!
http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/board/topic/46430/1/
Go through the topic, you'll find lots of info there.
skipper; the p33n.:
Dude, I've written a whole heaps of Colouring Tutorials on LJ, is it cool if I post links to them on here?
Of course.
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
March 20th, 2007 at 02:50am
Thanks for the help.
I'll probably post some later.
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
March 20th, 2007 at 04:50am
Tutorial One.

Here @ my LiveJournal.

I hope to post more soon.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
March 20th, 2007 at 03:08pm
The picture showing the end result doesn't work for me. :[
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 20th, 2007 at 03:36pm
Ripping Videos From Youtube and Converting Them:

Ripping videos from youtube using Firefox:

1. Install the VideoDownloader addon. Restart Firefox (shut the window, reopen it).
2. Go to youtube and let the video load fully. I'm using The Pumpkins' Disarm video.
3. In the corner, there should be a little box that has a disc looking thing. Looks like this (sorry for the hugeness). Click on it.
3. This should come up. Click the "Download Link" button and save it to disc.
4. After the file (comes up as get_video in most cases) is downloaded, go to the folder you downloaded it to and change the name of the video you downloaded (ie: The Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm). Add the file extension ".flv" on the end so it looks like The Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm.flv. This is very important. Don't do it and it doesn't convert right.
5. Scroll down this post to find out how to convert the video.

NOTE: This method can also be used for ripping videos off of Buzznet and myspace.

Ripping videos from youtube using IE:
1. Go to youtube and let the video load fully.
2. Open a new window. In the address bar copy and paste in this: http://youtube.com/get_video.php?video_id=. Minimize this window, and go back to the window with the youtube video.
2. Go to the View tab > page source. A Notepad document with a shitload of coding should come up.
3. Go to the Edit tab of the Notepad window > Find.
4. Copy this: player2.swf?video_id. Paste it into the place where you can type next to "Find what:".
6. Find the video ID. It's a long code that looks like this. Copy that section of code.
7. When you copy the code, go back and maximize the window that you opened in step #2. Paste the code into the address bar next to the http://youtube.com/get_video.php?video_id=, so when you do, it looks like this: http://youtube.com/get_video.php?video_id=eBXal1GAA4A&l=60&t=OEgsToPDskIe5eNaG8FCbdaqxjJIf7P3&s=7D7D6237B4899162:8A51374783A7BCE6
8. Hit enter or go. A download window should pop up to prompt you to save a file called get_file. Save it and it downloads.
9. Go to the folder where the video saved, and change the name to whatever you want it to be called, and then add the file extension ".flv" so it looks like this: The Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm.flv
10. Go down to the conversion tutorial...

Converting Videos (with Super):
1. Download Super Converter - Use this for wmv, avi, mpeg videos. You can also use this for iPod, but I find that Videora (tutorial after this one) works better for iPod. (scroll down to the very bottom of the Super page to find downloads)
2. Once you have it downloaded, install it.
3. Open up Super. Take the video you ripped off of youtube (the one with the .flv extension), and drag it into Super.
4. Go to the "Select the Output Container" dropdown and select the file type you want to convert it to. I'll be using mpeg format.
5. You can change the settings around a little. I like keeping the audio at 192 kbps and the video at whatever preset they give. Remember - if you start with a crappy quality video, changing to a higher quality setting won't do anything.
6. Click "Encode (Active Job-List Files)". Let the video convert.
7. The default folder for converted videos is My Computer > C Drive > Program Files > eRightSoft > SUPER > Output. Go there and find the video you converted, get rid of the underscores in the name (it comes out something like: The_Smashing_Pumpkins_-_Disarm.flv), and cut and paste it into the folder you want it in. Test it to make sure it works and you're done!
NOTE: You can use this coverter with any file type to convert it into a different format (ie: .avi-.mpeg, mpeg-iPod, etc, etc).

Converting Videos (with Videora; FOR IPOD ONLY):
1. Download Videora - Only download this if you want to convert to iPod. It doesn't convert to any other formats.
2. Once you have it downloaded, install it.
3. Open Videora and go to "Convert".
4. Click on "Transcode New Video". It doesn't really matter which one. A window should pop up telling you select a file. Go to the Files of type dropdown and make sure "All Files" is selected. Go to the folder that the youtube video with the .flv extension on it is in and double click it.
5. Click "Start" on the far right-hand side and let it convert.
6. After it's done, go to My Computer > C Drive > Program Files > VideoraipodConverter > Videos
7. The video should be in that folder. Make sure it works, and you're done!
NOTE: You can use this converter to convert other file types for iPod (ie: mpeg-iPod, avi-iPod, wmv-iPod).

I tried to make this as short as possible. :X Sorry if it's too long.
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
March 20th, 2007 at 04:03pm
You can also rip videos with this and you don't have to download anything.
"When you submit an url, it will download and convert to the video format. Then you can download the converted file."
blackened
Bleeding on the Floor
blackened
March 20th, 2007 at 10:15pm
I hope this is the right place for this, but I am in desperate need of some help.

I' ve been using Ulead GIF animator and for awhile it has worked fine. But for some reason,
whenever I've made the animation with the speed and everything how I want, I save it to my
computer and the animation moves slow as dirt! Has anyone else ever had that problem?
Am I just doing something wrong? All I know is I'm dying here cuz I can't make any .gifs! Crying or Very sad

Please, any help would be great. Thanks!
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
March 21st, 2007 at 01:41am
flesh to stone.:
The picture showing the end result doesn't work for me. :[

>.<
I'll fix it.
In the mean while, it looks like this : Image
Arithmetic Doll
Salute You in Your Grave
Arithmetic Doll
March 21st, 2007 at 02:05am
ooh...nice well i made this from a tutorial in lj so hope you like it
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
March 21st, 2007 at 10:21pm
Lex Luthor.:
You can also rip videos with this and you don't have to download anything.
"When you submit an url, it will download and convert to the video format. Then you can download the converted file."

for some reason when i use this. I download the video but it doesn't download all the way, well it says the download is complette but to a certain size if it says 9.18 mb it says it finish like at 3.2 mb help?
Insurgentes
Bleeding on the Floor
Insurgentes
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:24am
Icon Tutorials written by me:
6&7
filthy hands.
Shotgun Sinner
filthy hands.
March 23rd, 2007 at 08:02pm
^ I tried to look at those and it says "you are not authorized to view this protected entry" =\
Insurgentes
Bleeding on the Floor
Insurgentes
March 23rd, 2007 at 08:59pm
Ti Amo; Mio Bella:
^ I tried to look at those and it says "you are not authorized to view this protected entry" =\
I know, it's only like that for the first four. You have to join the community they are in, the maintainer won't let us make them public, I posted them so if people here ARE members, they can see them. But the other three (which are in my opinion, better.) you should be able to view.
filthy hands.
Shotgun Sinner
filthy hands.
March 23rd, 2007 at 09:23pm
oh okay=]