Don't have an account? Create one!

Where were you when you first heard about MCR?

AuthorMessage
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
December 12th, 2008 at 05:00pm
I read about them in a swedish magazine, like back in 2005.
I remember they had this quote section, and Gerard's "Be yourself, don't take anyone's shit and never let them take you alive" and Frank's "This is a band that will save your life" was there, and I was stoked, cause I'd never heard a band bring such a message.

I kind of forgot about them for a while, until I came across some article about them on the internet a couple months later. I checked them out this time, and I think the first song I heard was To the end. I really liked it, but what made me realise their.. uniquness was You know what they do to guys like us in prison, which was the second song I heard. I fell in love with the theatrical style of it. I remember repeating it from the part after the first chorus ('They all cheat in cards..') over and over again. I don't think I ever had gotten so blown away by a song, and I still hasn't.
gothicMCRfan
Killjoy
gothicMCRfan
December 12th, 2008 at 05:23pm
i heard about them from my brother's friend because he was singing house of wolves.

but i first actuly heard a real song from them at my friends house on her ipod. it was welcome to the black perade. now that is my favorite song ever.

so paint it black and take it back lest shout it loud and clear.
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
December 13th, 2008 at 08:48pm
mah room
I_gave_you_blood
Killjoy
I_gave_you_blood
December 14th, 2008 at 04:02am
A Radio ad for Nintendo Fusion tour. MCR's music wasn't even featured, but the name just stuck in my head. I finally caught them on "Discover and Download" and I was hooked.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
December 14th, 2008 at 11:55am
At school, Spanish class, a friend of mine mentioned that they were her favorite band. That night, looked them up...Famous Last Words...wow. I've been hooked ever since Very Happy
itsadeathwish.
Killjoy
itsadeathwish.
December 14th, 2008 at 04:26pm
i first heard about them from a message board and one of my friends on there was a huge fan. i never even attempted to listen to their music or anything cause i was lame. lmfao. the only time i listened to their music is when helena was on tv.

but then in july 07 i was in my room and if i remember correctly, it was the very first showing of teenagers on fuse. i reallyy liked that song but i forgot who it was by. a day later i searched the lyrics and listened to it again. i decided to listen to the other songs as well, and yeah i got addicted. (:
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
December 16th, 2008 at 01:59pm
i saw helena on tv
Gerard Wa-HEY!
Jazz Hands
Gerard Wa-HEY!
December 17th, 2008 at 06:35pm
Technically I was at my babysitters house when I was seven. I didn't quite know that they were My Chemical Romance at the time so I don't think that really counts XDD

The first time I heard them and fell in love with them was in fifth grade in the elementary school parking lot (my mom was dropping me off in the morning and she had the radio on). I got out of the car and started telling all my friends about it. If you can't guess, I got sent to the office for "talking about dead girls and inapropriate bands". Yeah... it was stupid. Hehe
Ronnie Radke
Killjoy
Ronnie Radke
December 19th, 2008 at 12:04am
I remember being in the car with a friend a few years ago on our way to a bowling alley. she had her ipod and said 'wanna listen to a band?'
i thought why not?
we listened to WTTBP. I remember loving the piano. which was odd, because now I'm not as fond of it. I just know that back then, I only listened to a select few Beatles songs. It was so different. And then I decided I was going to like them. I kinda forced them on me. After I heard I'm Not Okay, I knew this was a band that I would love. And I was right.
NachaCyanide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NachaCyanide
December 20th, 2008 at 05:02pm
When my cousing that is from NJ sent me Demolition Lovers, its was... i cant explain what i felt in that moment, i was just 11 years old and i was learning to play guitar, so i tried to play Romance, the guitar cover that appears on bullets, so then of that... i never stopped haha.
Then of that, three cheers was almost out, and here in my country they wasnt "famous" or something like that, if you asked to someone here in Chile on 2004, they answered... WHAT THE $%$&% is that? haha.
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
December 20th, 2008 at 05:22pm
I remember hearing Welcome To The Black Parade on the radio, back in 2006, and instantly falling in love with it, but not catching who it was by.

I never heard from MCR again until early this year, when a friend told me to buy The Black Parade. I saw WTTBP on it, knew I had to have it, listened to it - and I was so hooked, it was amazing! I bought Three Cheers after, and loved it, and recently bought Bullets, which I also love.
Wisper of the Heart
Motor Baby
Wisper of the Heart
December 21st, 2008 at 12:26am
It was my first day of choir practice at my church and we were waiting for the nun that was head of choir and this kid pops Bullets into the cd player and I was hooked ever since.
WayDown
Bleeding on the Floor
WayDown
December 21st, 2008 at 02:00am
I think I posted in this thread that I heard about them in first grade or something, but that cannot be correct since they hadn't even been formed back then. I honestly have no idea when I first heard of them.

****Is really, really bad at remembering.*
XxmcrgeewayxO
Fabulous Killjoy
XxmcrgeewayxO
January 18th, 2009 at 12:39pm
I was on my way home from the doctor and listening to the radio and I said "hey I like this song turn it up." it was the black parade and ever since ive been addicted to them
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
January 18th, 2009 at 01:31pm
I was at my brother's computer, randomly browsing Myspace profiles and one had WTTBP as profile song. The piano intro caught my attention. By the time the song finished, I was blown away.
Amy Farrah Fowler
In The Murder Scene
Amy Farrah Fowler
January 19th, 2009 at 12:30pm
I was on the computer.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
January 19th, 2009 at 12:37pm

Firs time heard: My living room. I listened to two songs on purevolume.com, with my best friends on the phone.

First time I enjoyed: Living room still. Watching the VMAs.
Frank!enstein
Crash Queen
Frank!enstein
January 24th, 2009 at 11:03am
In my living room on my computer. I listened to them over and over again the first time I heard them.
jay!
Bleeding on the Floor
jay!
January 25th, 2009 at 10:34am
In my computer class, I guess.
The teacher always played music on his computer and I heard WTTBP come on and I fell in love.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
January 25th, 2009 at 10:54am
the first time i heard of them was at my mom's house.

first time i heard them i was 10 years old and at my dad's house, watching the making of Ghost of You because i always wanted to hear what they sounded like... In Love