Don't have an account? Create one!

What song got you into them.

AuthorMessage
AnataSky
Killjoy
AnataSky
August 8th, 2015 at 04:06am
The first song I ever heard from them was Na Na Na, and the second song was Welcome To The Black Parade. However, neither actually got me into MCR. My brother, Sam showed me Na Na Na when I asked him who the hell My Chemical Romance was (I had an iFunny account and all of my subscribers were in love with My Chemical Romance).

I liked the song, but I didn't instantly fall in love. My brother told me that My Chemical Romance was bad except for Na Na Na so I listened to him and decided that My Chemical Romance was bad. Later, I looked up Welcome To The Black Parade because people around me loved the song at the time, and I wanted to know what was going on.

I actually cried listening to it because I found it devastatingly tragic. However, again, I ignored my interest in the band and moved on. That is, until I gave up Nirvana. I had this interest in Nirvana, but I ended up growing tired of them and deleting their albums off my phone. Feeling lost with two Fall Out Boy albums and nothing else, I decided it was time to branch out and discover some new music.

I was watching the Uma Thurman music video on YouTube when I saw in the list of videos I might want to watch after that: "Dead - My Chemical Romance". I clicked the video, and this is when I started to fall in love with MCR. Instantly after listening to the album, I bought it off of iTunes. And I fell deeper and deeper into the never-ending pit that was obsession with My Chemical Romance, and now... Here I am.
Kerosene Coyote
Killjoy
Kerosene Coyote
April 23rd, 2016 at 09:34am
I'm not even going to lie. The first song I heard by MCR was "Welcome to The Black Parade" and my love for them pretty much went on from there.
vacant alleyWAYS
Salute You in Your Grave
vacant alleyWAYS
May 21st, 2016 at 11:09pm
Helena!!! (2004ish)

but then last year (2015), i finally heard Vampires Will Never Hurt You and it was this song/this video that got me started on the path to want to know everything about this incredible band.
roseieroway
Salute You in Your Grave
roseieroway
May 23rd, 2016 at 08:39am
it would have to be i'm not okay...i heard it on the radio when it first came out, and i've been obsessed ever since!
look at me now
Killjoy
look at me now
May 24th, 2016 at 01:11pm
For me, it was Teenagers. I remember I was, like, ten or something and i cam across this website that allowed people to create their own website and I was like oh cool. One of the things they allowed was a thing that showed popular YouTube videos, and through that I found the video for Teenagers. i listened to it and I liked it, but didn't really pursue the band further. Then, later on, I heard Welcome to the Black Parade, not sure where, but I remember that I loved it. From then on, they became my favorite band.
vacant alleyWAYS
Salute You in Your Grave
vacant alleyWAYS
July 10th, 2016 at 03:46am
Helena in 2004 or 2005 (fan of this song and I'm Not Okay after getting Three Cheers)

Vampires will never hurt you in 2015 XD (when I REALLY became a fan of it all)

whoops! haha I already posted. well...hey Nick! Nice to see you here! (if you ever read this thread again. Wink )
Emo_Not_E-boy
Killjoy
Emo_Not_E-boy
June 13th, 2021 at 07:28pm
Early Sunsets Over Monroeville. My friend played it for me with a warning - "the ending's sad". Boy was that a frickin understatement. I listened to it at home the day after and realized that, for the first time in weeks, I actually felt something. I cried so hard and it's still one of my favorite songs by them. I thought "oh, I should shuffle their music because I like this song and Blood too" and there was no going back. I got so emo I fell apart.