Don't have an account? Create one!

What song got you into them.

AuthorMessage
gothic_chick12
Killjoy
gothic_chick12
April 2nd, 2007 at 11:01am
my very first song i heard by MCR was Helena. i loved the music video, but i didn't know who they were though. so i did some research and ever since i have LOVED them.
Buffy Summers
Always Born a Crime
Buffy Summers
April 2nd, 2007 at 11:02am
The song that really got me into them has to be Helena.
I saw that video and fell in love with the song immediately.
I bought Revenge based on that song alone...that's how much I loved it.
It also seems impossible for me to get sick of it, seriously I think it's iTunes play count is 3 million and counting...Wink
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 4th, 2007 at 01:48pm
first i heard welcome to the black parade and i kinda liked it
but then i turned on the music video for famous last words and i didnt like it at all
but then i tried it again and i loved it
then i tried black parade video, i thought it was creepy as hell and turned it off!
after about 3 days i put it back on to see it and liked it
now i have like all of their videos on my myspace
their music is sooo good
amandakc91
Killjoy
amandakc91
April 4th, 2007 at 04:45pm
well i heard helena first on the radio and then got heaven help us. its was amazing/
chloeiscrazy
Killjoy
chloeiscrazy
April 4th, 2007 at 05:08pm
to the end.. I believe. My brother had it on his ipod Razz
Sin D
Fabulous Killjoy
Sin D
April 6th, 2007 at 12:21am
I was MTV music videos and then "The Ghost of You" came on.

Me: hey it that band.....man this song kinda sux

Then i saw I'm Not Okay I was like addicted from then on and now i like The Ghost of You. ^-^ so now when the Ghost of You comes on....

me: DUDE!!! MCR IS ON TV!!!!
Starbucks.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Starbucks.
April 6th, 2007 at 03:33am
My very first MCR song was Helena. I got so addicted that I even memorized it.
I.wish.i.wer.a.ghost
Motor Baby
I.wish.i.wer.a.ghost
April 6th, 2007 at 04:18am
i waz home alone on a saturday mrning just b4 tennis, so i decided 2 wach music channelz.i waz jus bowt 2 change channelz becoz ov all tha bad music that waz getin played wen the ghost of u came on.l8r on i saw mi frend nd i jus cudnt stop talkin bowt the song, so i waz just lyk omg i jus need ther cd, but mi mum sed tht she cudnt b bothed taking me owt 2 buy it so i payed her 5 bux 2 take me 2 a music store nd get it....1 ov tha best thingz that haz eva happend 2 me.lol Very Happy
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
April 6th, 2007 at 06:07am
I saw helena, and fell in love In Love
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
April 6th, 2007 at 09:04am
well helena... i think i saw a clip of the vid on the mtv awards when they were nominated... and i think i heard it on the radio 2....and maybe i looked it up on the internet..... all i do know is that not long after i was like craving the song helena so i went out and bought the album...... love ever since
Nia_Black
Always Born a Crime
Nia_Black
April 6th, 2007 at 09:12am
This thread sounds a lot like the 'What was your first impression...' thread. Don't worry though. I'm not gonna report it, I'm replying to it.

First mcr song i heard was Helena. My friend bought LOTMS and she just had to show me this amazing band she discovered. So she showed me the vid and i'm nearly a little embarrassed to admit their music made me a little emo. I said to her mom 'they make me laugh and cry at the same time'. It was incredible how their music made me feel, and just with one song! So then i went out and bought LOTMS.
Quinnmobile.
Jazz Hands
Quinnmobile.
April 6th, 2007 at 10:06am
I thought there was a thread like this.
Oh well..
The first time I heard INO I started liking them.
I was at my friends house.
We were flipping radio stations and we heard them playing.
I told her to leave it on.
About 2 weeks later I got their CD.
I got into them pretty quick.
That evolved into loving their music.
GhostxOfxMyxHeart
Killjoy
GhostxOfxMyxHeart
April 6th, 2007 at 12:10pm
this is gonna sound so dumb cuz MCR is so amazing I shoulda known them b4 this but Welcome to the Black Parade is what got me into them. I have listened to the other CDs now too and I love em all!!!
iheartwhiteshoes72
Fabulous Killjoy
iheartwhiteshoes72
April 8th, 2007 at 01:12am
Helena. I got into Green Day and heard they were taking MCR on tour with them so I looked them up on Yahoo! Music. I watched the Helena video and have been a fan ever since.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 8th, 2007 at 02:16am

Im gonna be really ashamed typing this....

IM NOT OKAY - I was kinda like "okay.... kinda try hards.... but their okay...."
HELENA - "Hmm... they seem.... interesting....
GHOST OF YOU - "Wow I think I might want their album...."

Then I got hooked! Very Happy XD
Leo
Awake and Unafraid
Leo
April 8th, 2007 at 03:18am
what got me into them was Im Not Ok(i promise)
Because it caught my attention and after i heard that i just had to get the cd Walkman

welcome to the black parade REALLY got me into them Punk
Miketh Way.
Salute You in Your Grave
Miketh Way.
April 8th, 2007 at 08:10am
helena. i thought it was funny when i first heard it. then i got addicted.
theresiahs.
Bleeding on the Floor
theresiahs.
April 8th, 2007 at 08:39am
Helena .
Kayla; TheRipper
Fabulous Killjoy
Kayla; TheRipper
April 8th, 2007 at 09:09am
I really hate saying this but it was Welcome To The Black Parade...I feel like a n00b....but anyway I saw the video on MuchMusic and I didn't catch the start of it so I didn't know who it was and I really liked the song and video then when the ending came and I saw that it was My Chemical Romance I seriously thought they got a new lead singer cause the MCR video I saw before was Helena and I liked it but I wasn't that into it and when I saw the lead singer had blonde hair I didn't know who he was cause I the only time I seen an MCR video was when Gerard had long black hair not short blonde hair lol yeah I'm a loser...but then I downloaded WTTBP and listened to it bought a million times. Then I bought all the Cd's and LOTMS. Now I'm hooked on listening to I Brought You My Bullets CD lol...that was little long but yeah.
Chemical Sleep
Killjoy
Chemical Sleep
April 8th, 2007 at 11:09am
I had heard I'm Not Ok all over the radio. I got really annoyed by it to tell you the truth. Then one day I was watching MTV2 and the Helena video came on and I was like "Hey! These guys aren't that bad!" So I picked up the CD and listened to it. The song that really got me loving them was "The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You". After that the rest was love!