Don't have an account? Create one!

What song got you into them.

AuthorMessage
xerica.fiercex
Jazz Hands
xerica.fiercex
April 16th, 2007 at 12:13pm
Sunsets.

my cousin played that song. and i was like wow thats sooo pretty.. and she left her CD at my house and i was like i wanna listen to that song again.. and forgot what number it was and then like listened to the whole CD and was like WOAH these guys are sooo cool lol...
x Plastic Hearts.
Joining The Black Parade
x Plastic Hearts.
April 16th, 2007 at 12:45pm
im pretty sure it was im not okay that got me into them. when i heard it i liked it right away but i never seen them till the Helena video.
Soooofia
Killjoy
Soooofia
April 16th, 2007 at 12:45pm
Mama was the song that made me go crazy about them! I´m a quite new fan...been one since I heard Mama 22 february. Since then I have loved every single one of their songs on all albums!
Koz_x
Killjoy
Koz_x
April 16th, 2007 at 12:49pm
Im Not Okay.
I still love it now =]
x
XStay_AwakeX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XStay_AwakeX
June 6th, 2007 at 10:36pm
its weird because the first song i ever heard from them was helena when it just came out.

i was like ew. im never gonna like this band

then a few fateful years later

i was on youtube searching sims music videos

one came up for a song called helena

but nothing clicked

i watched it and was like..i know this song...but from where

so i searched HELENA

and i watched the vid. and that was the song that started my MCR obsession..

which was i think...in December of 06! yay! its been 7 months..

my longest obsession yet!
Freaxx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Freaxx
June 6th, 2007 at 11:06pm
Helena
Seductive Screamer
Killjoy
Seductive Screamer
June 7th, 2007 at 03:10am
my story is that i was searching up icons ( i forgot why). i clicked on the music
section and then there were a bunch of them saying the "Welcome to the Black
Parade" so i searched ithe music video up and went. "oh, they're pretty cool."
then i searched the internet a bit and i found a link to a bunch of music videos and i
clicked on the link to Helena. i was blown away. i looked at the band name and
literally went. "Holy Fuck! They're the same band!" at first i was like "Woah! One has
blonde hair and one has black. they are the same person right?"
yep, me and my newbie ways back then. i'm kinda new i guess, fan ever since Sept. of '06
the first song i truly fell in love with though was Thank You For the Venom i also like Early Sunsets Over Monroeville.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
June 7th, 2007 at 03:27am
i first saw Helena on tv and at first i didn't know who they were..
and when it came on again if found out that it was mcr..so i decided to listen to more of their songs cause i really liked Helena.
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
June 7th, 2007 at 05:13am
let's see...i saw the ino video first. but that was from a distance and with no sound. i guess i heard it's not a fashion statement first. which i liked. unless it was helena which is also awesome. =)
vichy
Jazz Hands
vichy
June 7th, 2007 at 06:28am
i found Helena through watching that sims 2 movie too on youtube!!
how good is it!!
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
June 7th, 2007 at 06:36am
WTTBP.
Albus Severus
Joining The Black Parade
Albus Severus
June 7th, 2007 at 07:31am
I heard WTTBP on the radio, and fell in love w/ it cuz it mentioned a marching band. (lol)
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
June 7th, 2007 at 07:57am
Haha, Hi!! At first I saw a bit of the Helena video and I got scared of Gerard XD. Then I had my sisters Itunes on shuffle then a song started playing, I didnt know what it was, but I fell in love with it. The part that really caught me was the last part.

"So long and goodnight"

So since then I've been calling it the so long and goodnight song. Not knowing the person who sang it was the same person who I thought was scary in the video. Haha.

XoXo

Ana
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
June 7th, 2007 at 08:43am
Umm I saw MCR advertisements scattered on the street one time, around Bullets years... yeah a long time ago and they weren't well known yet.

I was a very little kid, I was like 10 years old? But I already took interest when I read the name of the band.

A year later I heard INO on the radio and I was like, "Wow, WOW."
then I saw Helena on tv and from that, I know I love them already lol Xp
mychemvenom
Killjoy
mychemvenom
June 7th, 2007 at 08:44am
My daughter first played "Dead" for me. That was it, I was hooked. Now own absolutely everything they have out, and am hopelessly addicted. My favorite now is "Headfirst for Halos."
SevenDifferentShades
Fabulous Killjoy
SevenDifferentShades
June 7th, 2007 at 11:32am
My choir teacher gave us an assignment. He would assign each of us a song and we had to talk about the use of temo the dynamics and stuff like that. My song was Helena. Every day I thank my choir teacher for giving me Helena to do my project on...
MCRnati
Fabulous Killjoy
MCRnati
June 7th, 2007 at 11:35am
The first song i heard was Helena when it first came out. They were giving it like at 4 or 5 AM and i was flipping through the channels and i stopped on mtv and the video was on and i fell in love with the song.wooooo
bring more knives.
Demolition Lover
bring more knives.
June 7th, 2007 at 11:38am
helena.
ParadeRagDoll
Jazz Hands
ParadeRagDoll
June 7th, 2007 at 12:04pm
The first song I heard from them was "Im Not Okay (I Promise)" when it first came out on some MTV2thing. Except it wasn't the actual video, it was one of those things where they took the song and put videogames to it. I called my brother in to hear it and he said "Thats fuckin awsome man! What band is it?" "one minuet....Umm "My Chemical Romance"? Cool name. Never heard of them though, must be new." Then a few weeks later, my mom took me to Target anf the firstthing that caught my eye on the cd section was a cover with two people on it. A boy and a girl about to kiss covered in bood. I picked it up and looked at it but I forgot about My Chemical Romance and just thought "huh, pretty cool." The the next day my brother bought the cd and showed it to me in his room and I said "hey! I saw that!" And he told me it was the same band who played "Im Not Ok" I thought 'Good thing you bought it! Otherwise I would have never heard these songs!" So I owe my MCR maniacism to my big bro! I love him!
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
June 7th, 2007 at 12:08pm
the first song i heard was the ghost of you ,, and i got in to them ,, but i did not relise that i was a complite teenie ,, the wre just this good band to my ,, not like WOW MCR I FUCKING LOVEM i diddnt know shit about them ,, then i heart the black parade ,, and i loved it , so my brother gave me WTTBP for a christmas present ,, and as soon as i put it in the cd player i listend to tow songs and then swicht to the black parade ,, yeah i know , a totaly teenie mm but then i fell in love:]]<33 i love my brother for giving me thats CD!!