Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR's lyrics... too much?

AuthorMessage
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:17pm
I think their lyrics is part of the reason that they are so good and they also have great music behind them too. Smile
EATEN ALIVE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EATEN ALIVE
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:41pm
well, i get that if some random person who knows nothing about My Chem listens to some song, they might be little "OH" about it.

but if you ask me,My Chems lyrics are awesome. i freaking love them. all the symbols, metaphors and all that, saying things that we can all relate to, but saying it in a way that only those who give a damn will understand,.. there's just something beautiful in that.
i dont think they're 'too much', no. cause there's that story behind the harsh words. and life is harsh. MCR is honest about it.
i cant stand music that has easy lyrics, stuff like "ooh baby i love youu", like ok great, good for you. but like thats it! it doesnt give anything new, you cant think it through, ask yourself what it means, cause they already said..what it means. idk, if im weird or something, but i like to listen to songs that have deeper meanings.

OH, and its totally wrong that he made a point kinda saying you're stupid for having an opinion opposite than his. i hate when people do that,kinda hit you down and try to sell their thoughts .
queen bodicea
Motor Baby
queen bodicea
March 23rd, 2007 at 04:03pm
I really like what you said Eaten Alive.

The band's lyrics have never been too much, nor ever will be imho. Music should never be treated as background noise, I shudder at the thought. It should make you feel, whether that means you cry, punch a wall, scream at the top of your lungs, or whatever. And if MCR's in-your-face lyrics don't make you want to do at least one of those things then something's wrong Wink Happy, uncomplicated, boring music should be extinct.

The band sure has an uncanny ability to write a song that can make you beleive that it's been written especially for you. It's that very connection that has made me a fairly new yet extremely dedicated fan Cool Smile
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:03pm

Its because some of the lyrics are so to the point and harsh that its so beautiful.
I think its amazing that MCR can go and say that and not care about how the media will respond, its for the fans. Very Happy
Xx_mcr_saved_me_xX
Killjoy
Xx_mcr_saved_me_xX
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:23pm
hell no they ain't to much! and if you think so your probly not a true fan
ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:34pm
The lyrics are emotional and full of life. They are straight to the point, and they hit home. Its the lyrics that make the song special. They are never too much.
People think they are too much when they just look at the face meaning of the words. They really should pay attention to the subtext!
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 23rd, 2007 at 07:03pm
idk...the only thing I've ever thought was too much was on the album Bullets, he says something about "I think I'll go bash my head against the ceiling, and as the pieces of my skull fall on your tongue like pixie dust..." or something of that nature...haven't heard that song in a while!
That was only cuz I was listening to it w/ my dad.
OOPS...
hehe

otherwise, no.
Their lyrics are real, and emotional, and people relate to them.
MisfitMandi.
Motor Baby
MisfitMandi.
March 29th, 2007 at 07:13pm
I love MCR's lyrics. Smile
eatme0990
Fabulous Killjoy
eatme0990
March 29th, 2007 at 07:20pm
I think if someone didn't understand the lyrics, they would seem really heavy and blunt. But I think that MCR's lyrics is what makes them MCR. Without 'em....they'd just be another rock band.
Quinnmobile.
Jazz Hands
Quinnmobile.
March 29th, 2007 at 07:53pm
eatme0990:
I think if someone didn't understand the lyrics, they would seem really heavy and blunt. But I think that MCR's lyrics is what makes them MCR. Without 'em....they'd just be another rock band.

couldnt have said it better myself.
=D
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
March 29th, 2007 at 08:16pm
I doubt I would like My Chem as much as I do if they didn't have the lyrics that they do.
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
March 29th, 2007 at 10:59pm
not harsh at all.
soooo poetic and beautiful.
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
March 29th, 2007 at 11:01pm
GerardForPresident:
idk...the only thing I've ever thought was too much was on the album Bullets, he says something about "I think I'll go bash my head against the ceiling, and as the pieces of my skull fall on your tongue like pixie dust..." or something of that nature...haven't heard that song in a while!
OOPS...
hehe

otherwise, no.

no way!
that song was "headfirst for halos"
and it's like the most cheerful song ever!
read (or should i say...listen) between the lines!
every single lyric of mcr's has an inner meaning
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 30th, 2007 at 01:47am
I like their lyrics. I sort of write the same way but I can't really describe it. Totally uplifting. Not to mention creepily smart.
Victoriabigail.
Really Not Okay
Victoriabigail.
March 30th, 2007 at 02:11am
GerardForPresident:
OOPS...
hehe

otherwise, no.

actually it's "and i think i'll blow my brains against the ceiling, and as the fragments of my skill begin to fall, fall on your tongue like pixie dust, just think happy thoughts"

and yea. it's basically a really happy song about suicide and how we shouldn't do it Very Happy
Jeanne Paulin.
Shotgun Sinner
Jeanne Paulin.
March 30th, 2007 at 02:23am
No, it's not too much.
Basically, the lyrics are focused on the band, mainly Gerard.
Yes, I agree with you guys, the band is being honest with us.

A few people basically likes a song because of it's sound.
Some aren't understanding the lyrics.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 30th, 2007 at 02:30am
Xx_mcr_saved_me_xX:
hell no they ain't to much! and if you think so your probly not a true fan

Rolling Eyes Everyones a fan, theres no such thing as a TRUE fan.
kellie
Killjoy
kellie
March 30th, 2007 at 06:44am
Mrs.Halloween:
i always think lyrics are the most important part of a song.
if my friend lets me listen to some song that she's downloaded, i'll start analyzing the lyrics, asking what it's supposed to mean.
some songs with no meaning whatsoever are great to just dance to and mess around with but i'd prefer heart-felt, deep, clever lyrics over a good riff.
i love my chem's lyrics, it's one of my favourite things about their music.

me too! If the lyrics are stupid and pointless i'm not intrested! like most RnB and dance songs *yuck!*
kellie
Killjoy
kellie
March 30th, 2007 at 06:47am
EverybodyTieYourShoe:
GerardForPresident:
OOPS...
hehe

otherwise, no.

actually it's "and i think i'll blow my brains against the ceiling, and as the fragments of my skill begin to fall, fall on your tongue like pixie dust, just think happy thoughts"

and yea. it's basically a really happy song about suicide and how we shouldn't do it Very Happy

i dont see the above lyric as 'too much' to me this lyric says - if i die dont see the worst of the situation, think of the time we spent together, think of the good times, dont think of rotten bodies.... change those visions to 'pixie dust' somthing nicer and more happy...... (at least i know what I mean)
frank_rox_my_sox
Killjoy
frank_rox_my_sox
March 30th, 2007 at 07:27am
IMHO you gotta to listen to the words there saying.I find cancer a very personal song and love it.Means alot to me that song.As it is so true..

I think so people just cant see the way my chem look sometime and sterotype

But i love there lyrics and there songs are sooo meaningful