Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR's lyrics... too much?

AuthorMessage
Shatterwall
Motor Baby
Shatterwall
March 30th, 2007 at 07:33am
I think it depends what type of music you like listening to. MCR dont exactly beat around the bush with their lyrics. Like for eg. Cancer. Its like yeah, were all gonna die in some way or another, so thats what were gonna sing about. And they dont lie about it or make it sound better than it is, they give it to you straight. I think in that respect people are sort of "scared" of MCR cos they dont really want to hear the truth.
Fall Awake
Really Not Okay
Fall Awake
March 30th, 2007 at 07:45am
shatterwall:
I think it depends what type of music you like listening to. MCR dont exactly beat around the bush with their lyrics. Like for eg. Cancer. Its like yeah, were all gonna die in some way or another, so thats what were gonna sing about. And they dont lie about it or make it sound better than it is, they give it to you straight. I think in that respect people are sort of "scared" of MCR cos they dont really want to hear the truth.

i toltally agree...i think that life is harsh...and MCR dont give us bullshit sayiong things in life are piss easy to handle.....^ i agree that most people are scared of what they have to say...about dying alone and that....i love the fact that MCR are brutally honest about what they say!
My Famous Genocide
Killjoy
My Famous Genocide
March 30th, 2007 at 08:26am
That's what I like about them.
It's not lalala love lyrics, but lyrics, that reminds you about something and makes you think and inspires you.
X_meese_X
Fabulous Killjoy
X_meese_X
March 30th, 2007 at 10:09am
They tell stories. Not talk about the crap they're going through with breakups and stuff. I wouldn't listen to them if they did, I have enough turmoil in my life.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
March 30th, 2007 at 10:19am
"MCR's lyrics...too much?"

Too much for what? LMAO Hell yeah they're too much! That's what I love about them! I don't like flowery metaphorical crap (although Led Zeppelin WAS pretty awesome in their day teehee) - I am a lifelong New Yorker; I'm all about in your fucking face, bitch! ROFL

I love Gerard's inflections too - the more exaggerated they are, the more I love 'em.
xOurLadyOfSorrowsx
Killjoy
xOurLadyOfSorrowsx
March 30th, 2007 at 04:36pm
there is no such thing as 'too much'. thats why i love it!!!!!!
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
March 31st, 2007 at 03:34am
Well MCR's Lyrics are good. Now why the heck would ur friend hate mcr? They are the best band ever!!! ehehehehe.... LOL! ^_^
The Way
Joining The Black Parade
The Way
April 1st, 2007 at 06:33am
Give Them Blood:
That's one person's opinion. But I think the more powerful the music, the better. It comes from them and they're honest in their music.

Amen. An example would be Hang 'Em High.... it sounds really violent but when you listen to the chorus, it's actually very passionate and even sweet: "Don't stop if I fall and don't look back... don't stop, bury me and fade to black..."

A lot of their lyrics are like this. At first it seems aggressive but the more you listen to the song and understand what it's about, it becomes really beautiful and powerful.
sea king
Always Born a Crime
sea king
April 1st, 2007 at 12:27pm
If you don't like the lyrics, don't listen to the band.

It's quite a shame, though, because if you really read/listen to the lyrics, they aren't all SO harsh...
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
April 2nd, 2007 at 05:57pm
i think its just a matter of what you see in different types of lyrics...
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
April 2nd, 2007 at 06:39pm
I love their lyrics. I can never write anything like Gerard does.
Buffy Summers
Always Born a Crime
Buffy Summers
April 2nd, 2007 at 07:08pm
I love their lyrics. It's almost like you are listening to a movie, if that makes sense. I guess I mean in the sense that they tell an elaborate story, which is a testiment to their amazing imaginations and artistic capabilities.
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
April 2nd, 2007 at 09:52pm
their lyrics are perfect the way they are.
if they werent intense, they wouldnt mean so much to the fans.
and intense lyrics apparently made/saved our lives.
i thank god for mcr.
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
April 2nd, 2007 at 11:46pm
the lyrics only look harsh. ^_^
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
Bleeding on the Floor
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
April 18th, 2007 at 08:30am
At least the lyrics come from the heart and not just some crappy made up rap song about shaking your booty!!!
They have meaning to them and touch alot of people-unlike some of the songs that are made.

I certainly can relate to alot of MCR songs-how many can say that about other stuff?
Ami von Grimm
Banned
Ami von Grimm
April 18th, 2007 at 08:32am
Their lyrics are amazing.
i must be emo.
Joining The Black Parade
i must be emo.
April 18th, 2007 at 05:52pm
i definitely agree with you.
ive been picked on plenty for listening to MCR, and i basically just kick them in the shin and walk away while flippin 'em off, but thats beside the point.
but the lyrics are AMAZING.
when i listen to MCR, its like i see things in a whole new perspective, a way ive never seen things before.
its inspiring.
x Plastic Hearts.
Joining The Black Parade
x Plastic Hearts.
April 18th, 2007 at 06:28pm
i agree with most people. it pretty much depends on your taste. and most of their songs if not all, have so many metaphors..
and i also agree with people that my chem is one of my favorite bands because of their lyrics. their fucking amazing. lyrics are like really important to me.
I Prefer You
Killjoy
I Prefer You
April 18th, 2007 at 06:39pm
MCR holds true to the escapism of art in its poetry. It's a little "harsh", or far-fetched at times, but talks about real situations that can only come across with extreme examples.
They are simply beautiful.
ThAtSmRsWaY2U
Killjoy
ThAtSmRsWaY2U
April 20th, 2007 at 02:52pm
Well, if you can get past the actual words, and look at it metaphorically and figuratively instead of literally it's not too much. The first song I heard was Our Lady Of Sorrows and at first i was like "WHOAH!!" But then I actually listened to the song. Also, alot of their songs can be interpreted differently by each different person, and they might think interpret it in a harsh way.