Don't have an account? Create one!

Should we respect other people if they dont respect us?

AuthorMessage
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:06pm

(I checked and I didnt find anything similar!)

Okay, well to be honest there are a lot of MCR haters out there who give MCR a lot of shit about their music.
Should we respect MCR haters if they dont respect us?
I mean I know not everyone likes MCR, but to go around stating everywhere, making hate websites and everything is too much for me.
I do respect other people, just not the ones who go to so much effort to show their dislike.
What do you think?
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:13pm
They have freedom of expression and opinion, love.
What they want to think and do to express their opinions is up to them,
and they are free to do so, as long as it doens't infringe on the rights
of another person. Which hate-blogs and hate-sites don't do.

You don't have to like it, but if you are at all for freedom of speach, opinion
and expression, you pretty much have to respect it.
Boo?
Bleeding on the Floor
Boo?
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:25pm
I respect other peoples opinions, but I don't think people should go and shout out what they hate...Hate-sites of any kind is foolish, I think. It's like you just want to piss people off, cause there's always some who loves what you hate.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 23rd, 2007 at 06:00pm
Psycho Lion:
I respect other peoples opinions, but I don't think people should go and shout out what they hate...Hate-sites of any kind is foolish, I think. It's like you just want to piss people off, cause there's always some who loves what you hate.
Yeah, but if that is what they want to do,
there is nothing to stop them.
They have a right to express themselves.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 23rd, 2007 at 06:01pm
Not everybody is going to like MCR, nor do they have to.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 23rd, 2007 at 06:58pm
People who just spew things out of their ass like "shitty emo music gay ass whiny bullshit!!!!! fuk thsoe emooos, slayer rocks!!! why you wanna slit ur rists, emo faggs??" Well, those people get no respect from me. But if you've listened to the music(and more than just the singles}, or haven't listened to the music and don't act like you know shit about it, and you know it just aint your thing...whatever. I respect the fact that you are entitled to an opinion, even though I don't respect the opinion itself.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 23rd, 2007 at 07:13pm
if they state their opinions like respectable opinions, yes. They do deserve our respect, but when they say things like "omigosh! MCR is sooo retarded, there all soo creepy!!!"
they don't.

then again, you really should respect everyone...
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 23rd, 2007 at 07:57pm

^^
exactely!
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 23rd, 2007 at 08:09pm
lols, glad someone gets it. Thanks for puttin this thread up.

Darn teenies.
Murder Magician
Salute You in Your Grave
Murder Magician
March 23rd, 2007 at 08:47pm
xPhantomsX_ForeverXx:
People who just spew things out of their ass like "shitty emo music gay ass whiny bullshit!!!!! fuk thsoe emooos, slayer rocks!!! why you wanna slit ur rists, emo faggs??" Well, those people get no respect from me. But if you've listened to the music(and more than just the singles}, or haven't listened to the music and don't act like you know shit about it, and you know it just aint your thing...whatever. I respect the fact that you are entitled to an opinion, even though I don't respect the opinion itself.

I agree with everything you said Smile.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 23rd, 2007 at 09:01pm
yes. ^^applause for above post.
I agree completely.
I DO NOT RESPECT teenies, though.
They don't deserve respect.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 23rd, 2007 at 09:16pm
GeeForPresident:
lols, glad someone gets it. Thanks for puttin this thread up.

Darn teenies.
Mr. Green
Your welcome!
echo lawrence.
Jazz Hands
echo lawrence.
March 23rd, 2007 at 09:17pm
I would. Because if they don't like my music I don't like theirs.
My boyfriend hates MCR.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 23rd, 2007 at 09:45pm
Great for him...as long as he doesn't rag on them, I respect that opinion.
In this world, I guess you have to be tolerant of everyone...and respect other opinions. We have to get along, somehow.
smile like a knife.
Joining The Black Parade
smile like a knife.
March 23rd, 2007 at 10:30pm
I totally respect other people's choices and opinions, but if they go out of their way to say crap about MCR that pisses me off. Like on YouTube people comment saying crap about them and I'm like "If you don't like it, don't watch it." And when people go and make those hate-sites it's just stupid. Don't they have anything better to do with their lives? I just don't like how people waste their lives on something they don't like and don't support, you know? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but they don't have to be mean/rude about it.
If people don't rag on MCR in my presence then they and I can be civil but if they constantly bring it up that "MCR sucks, etc." then we have a problem and I ignore them as best I can.
equaliser
Killjoy
equaliser
March 23rd, 2007 at 10:38pm
i dont care if people dont like MCR,
but i think anyone who makes a hate/anti-site or any of that shit is ridiculous.
its like, if you hate them so much, why are you gonna waste any of your time making a site for them, positive or not?
if you really hate something, you dont dedicate much of your time to it, y know?
just makes you look stupid.

if someone were to literally disrespect me for my musical taste then they're not worth my time because theres plenty better reasons to hate someone (instead of hating them for the music they like).
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
March 23rd, 2007 at 10:39pm
We, uh, should respect, although it becomes increasingly hard when you get too much of it.
I mean, like other people said, I respect that they don't like the music, but once they start doing the ,"OMG, MCR is emo faggots, they cut themselves" and crap, it really angers me because it has nothing to do with music. I don't see that as an opinion, just wrong facts, so I kind of go out of my way to correct them. My friends do that to me as a joke, but it can get a bit wearing after a while.

But other than that, we shouldn't hate the outspoken haters, we should just repectfully make them look stupid without looking stupid ourselves.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
March 23rd, 2007 at 10:43pm
A MESSAGE TO HATERS:
if you don't like them, just don't comment...it's not like you're gonna convert us with your brilliance and wit. We won't hate them because you tell us to. If you tell us that you hate them, I don't know about others, but I'll just turn it up louder. Honestly.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 24th, 2007 at 01:09am
falloutofgrace:
I totally respect other people's choices and opinions, but if they go out of their way to say crap about MCR that pisses me off. Like on YouTube people comment saying crap about them and I'm like "If you don't like it, don't watch it." And when people go and make those hate-sites it's just stupid. Don't they have anything better to do with their lives? I just don't like how people waste their lives on something they don't like and don't support, you know? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but they don't have to be mean/rude about it.
If people don't rag on MCR in my presence then they and I can be civil but if they constantly bring it up that "MCR sucks, etc." then we have a problem and I ignore them as best I can.
Oh, I fucking hate those tools on youtube!
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
March 24th, 2007 at 04:17am
if they keep saying it infront of my face...
...then ima show them what they're looking for.