Don't have an account? Create one!

Should we respect other people if they dont respect us?

AuthorMessage
Alucard
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Alucard
June 4th, 2007 at 03:56pm
Oh,fuck em all!!!
xXDitaVonSantiXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXDitaVonSantiXx
June 4th, 2007 at 04:46pm
I agree....but thier bullshit isn't woth even fucking listening too....thier a bunch of conformist assholes!
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
July 19th, 2007 at 07:20am
smile like a knife.:
I totally respect other people's choices and opinions, but if they go out of their way to say crap about MCR that pisses me off. Like on YouTube people comment saying crap about them and I'm like "If you don't like it, don't watch it." And when people go and make those hate-sites it's just stupid. Don't they have anything better to do with their lives? I just don't like how people waste their lives on something they don't like and don't support, you know? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but they don't have to be mean/rude about it.
If people don't rag on MCR in my presence then they and I can be civil but if they constantly bring it up that "MCR sucks, etc." then we have a problem and I ignore them as best I can.

i dont mean to sound like and idiot but what hate sites??? Neutral
DESTROYA
Salute You in Your Grave
DESTROYA
July 19th, 2007 at 03:26pm
as long as theyre not shoving their opinion down my throat then whatever but most of the time i just try to tune them out
me and my stomach
Thinking Happy Thoughts
me and my stomach
July 19th, 2007 at 03:39pm
inzany:
Oh,fuck em all!!!

you make me think of green day.

haha. people are entitled to their own opinions.

who gives a fuck about what they think.

unless they start to preach to you about their opinions.

then its time to beat them up.
lady gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
lady gaga.
July 19th, 2007 at 03:41pm
I know people who always say shit about MCR and it bugs the hell out of me but its true that they're entitled to their own opinions so i just tell them that if they dont like them then thats okay but i do xP
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
July 22nd, 2007 at 05:16am
i think that if they don't respect us, we shouldn't respect them either but we shouldn't stoop down to their level and talk shit about bands they like. I really don't get those kind of people who says mcr is shit but waste their time doing stuff to proclaim how much they hate mcr
Agent J
Fabulous Killjoy
Agent J
July 22nd, 2007 at 06:45am
In all honesty, I do have a few friends who really don't like MCR that much, but they don't talk trash about them. It's just not their type of music, so they make a wise choise, and instead of insulting MCR and their fans, they just choose not to listen to them...so as long as they're still sensible, I can respect them.
xXBlackParadeXx
Killjoy
xXBlackParadeXx
July 22nd, 2007 at 07:20am
eh
I don't respect them if they don't respect me
simple as that
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
July 22nd, 2007 at 10:57am
If you call them names you're no better than they are (the haters I mean.) I liked how when there were a couple of haters on this site a week ago, people, didn't go to their level of immaturity.
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
July 22nd, 2007 at 11:25am
Almost everyone I know talks trash about MCR. It sucks like hell, but WTF do you do? I'm just happy to listen to them on my iPod.
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
July 22nd, 2007 at 11:33am
I think we should be the bigger group and respect their opinions TO A POINT...like if someone's talking crap about MCR to your face just let them know you kinda understand where they're getting that from but if they start talking crap about you because you like them and calling you 'an emo whiney bitch' I say sock 'em in the jaw and see how much crap comes out their mouth then[even tho violence is against the whole mcr message...sometimes its the only way to get your point across=/]
jamdav86
Killjoy
jamdav86
July 22nd, 2007 at 12:03pm
I'm About To Break.:

Should we respect MCR haters if they dont respect us?
Yes. We're bettter than them (I assume), so don't rise to it.
map_of_the_world
Thinking Happy Thoughts
map_of_the_world
July 22nd, 2007 at 12:06pm
We should respect them as not everyone has to like MCR. Its just that there are those that are MCR lovers (aka us INO boardies) and those who dont like MCR as much. Its everyones choice.
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
July 23rd, 2007 at 03:27am
Usually I just back off and go with, "Well, okay. I guess I can get that, but I still love them." Because most of my...erm, convsering with other human beings is through the internet. I was being attacked by fucking stereotyping elists the otherb day. Because I hadn't been a fan since Bullet, because I'm only 14...pretty stupid reasons to me actually. I argued slightly, mostly staying calm, but it gets tiring after 20 minutes you know? After that I put a slight edge into my statements.

I think we should respect everyone, whether they have the sense to do the same for us or not. We're better than them if we do. Don't stoop down to pointless comebacks. Defend yourself and defend MCR if you're gonna be directly confronted, but I would say do it calmly without showing disrespect to the person.
a line in a song.
Salute You in Your Grave
a line in a song.
July 23rd, 2007 at 07:58am
It depends, really. If they don't like MCR and they go around saying to people's faces that MCR sucks or go get a life, that I have a problem with. I respect people's opinions but if they are going to be forward and mean to our faces about their opinions and demanding, I can't put up with it.
If they don't like MCR, they should keep their opinions among themselves or just not to the faces of people who do respect MCR. Because even if some of us respect other's opinions, of course we will be a bit pissed at what they said about MCR.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
July 23rd, 2007 at 11:06am
I respect their opinion, if people don't like MCR thats their decision. The MCR hate videos and websites are silly & such a waste of their time, they don't actually get to me O_o
sookeh.
Crash Queen
sookeh.
July 23rd, 2007 at 11:07am
i am not going to waste my energy hating them. i respect that they have a right to speak their point. i do not respect how much energy some people put into bad mouthing a band
however i will not stop them. i just ignore it.
House_Of_Wolves.
Killjoy
House_Of_Wolves.
August 25th, 2008 at 07:18pm
Trying to squash a rumor is like trying to unring a bell. ~Shana Alexander

it's very easy to argue, and even fight for MCR. some may think that they are fighting the good fight. I even fall into this trap. however, I think the best thing to do is IGNORE. as hard as it will be, ignore ignore ignore. friends that call you emo aren't true friends. true friends won't give a crap whether people say your emo. my best friend doesn't like MCR. he say's their creepy. that they're emo. I just FREAKIN IGNORE IT. and he's still my best friend.

they will stop at NOTHING to insult you. respect them. they have freedom of speech. they are just employing their own ignorance against them. if someone were to tell you "tell me 1 good thing about MCR" or anything like that, then you can freakin argue. but bring up good points. show them interviews. there are several excellent "Why MCR isn't EMO" vids on youtube. decimate their argument, not them.

Very Happy
Blooregard Q. Kazoo
Motor Baby
Blooregard Q. Kazoo
August 26th, 2008 at 02:03am
I reckon we should respect them if they say they don't like MCR nicely; Eg: "Personally I don't like MCR." But what really annoys me is when people say stuff like, "MCR suck," "They should die," "They're emo," etc. etc. etc.
When they don't say it nicely, we shouldn't respect them.