Don't have an account? Create one!

The Gear Thread.

AuthorMessage
SFXtra
Motor Baby
SFXtra
April 5th, 2007 at 11:18am
I have a pretty neat electric guitar, its a Yamaha but it sounds pretty sweeeet.

But my weapon of mass destruction is the piano I have. I've been playing for ten years, baaaabbby!!
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
April 5th, 2007 at 11:39am
I have an ESP guitar. It isn't mine, I'm only renting it. I'm trying to save up for a Ganesa.
Bonne.Idee
Joining The Black Parade
Bonne.Idee
April 5th, 2007 at 01:16pm
cheapy-crappy. SX bass and SX bass amp. Cost like £100 for both of em together so..
mimic
Killjoy
mimic
April 5th, 2007 at 02:06pm
I really only play the piano (messed around with guitar and drums a few years back, would love to learn either one better)...and I used to have two pianos, now I've only got one. Sad My old piano wasn't playable, but I loved it so much...it was an antique, about 100 years older than me. It was brought over to the US from Germany by a GI during WWII, and a bit later my grandma and her first husband (not my grandpa) bought it for their daughter. Sadly, my grandma's first husband died, and she married my grandpa and had my dad...and then her daughter died when she was only 19. But they kept the piano, and we had it in the house when I was a kid. Later when we moved it had to go back to my grandparents' house, and unfortunately due to the fact that it was moved improperly several times over several decades, it was damaged to the point that it wouldn't hold a tune more than a few days. It basically became a decorative piece of antique furniture. It needed to be completely rebuilt, and since it was so old I would have had to hire someone to custom rebuild the inside from scratch (pianos are built differently than they were then). Unfortunately, that would have cost many thousands of dollars that I don't have, so the piano sat at my grandparents' house until they had to get rid of it after they both became disabled, and they didn't have anywhere in the house to put it since their house was small and they needed lots of space to manuever their wheelchairs/walkers. We don't have room for it at my house since I got a brand-new piano several years ago (I'd just had a keyboard ever since we had to move the old piano back to my grandparents' house), and the old one was huge. For some reason, they didn't tell me where they sold it to either...I'd love to track it down again some day.
But at least I have my new piano, and I can actually play that one. My parents bought it for me for my 16th birthday/Christmas that year, and I love it soooooo much. It's just an upright, (my mom and I would prefer a baby grand, but we haven't got the space) but it's absolutely gorgeous. I'll have to remember to take pictures sometime. It's not very fancy, just a simple design on the front and legs. What I love most about it is that it's a very dark, rich cherry wood, so it's a deep blood red color, with a high gloss finish you can see your reflection in. Oh, and it sounds amazing, too.
Can you tell I LOVE my pianos? Wink
Video Kid
Shotgun Sinner
Video Kid
April 5th, 2007 at 06:43pm
I've got a Yamaha bass and a Crate amp.
purveyors of dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
purveyors of dreams.
April 5th, 2007 at 09:57pm
warumono.:
I'm trying to save up for a Ganesa.

That looks so beautiful. How much does it cost?
DeliriumDreams
Jazz Hands
DeliriumDreams
April 5th, 2007 at 10:41pm
I've got an Electric Fender Squire currently, I had an Electric Samick...but they took her away!! -sniff- but my guitars keep changing, I sometimes use a Cort as well...but yeah. Uhh, I use a Vox amp, a Peavey amp as well, a Marshall amp, a Rockit sometimes and a Tracey Elliot bass amp, its my dads lol. I also use Shure mics, and and Rockit amps for vocals (its better for Vocals then it is for my gat, but anywho). But yeah, my gear changes alot. I'm usually using the Peavey though -sniffsniff-
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
April 6th, 2007 at 02:11am
All I have is Fruity Loops 7, Acid Studio 6, Adobe Audition 1.5, Audacity (Beatmaking and Recording Programs), A Behringer XM8500 (Mic), A First Act Practice Amp and a computer Smile
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
April 6th, 2007 at 10:37am
weekend warrior.:
warumono.:

441,000 yen (probably about $3,750).
The quality is great though, and the sound is amazing. It'll be worth the price.
purveyors of dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
purveyors of dreams.
April 6th, 2007 at 10:56am
warumono.:
weekend warrior.:
warumono.:

441,000 yen (probably about $3,750).
The quality is great though, and the sound is amazing. It'll be worth the price.

Ahh, that sounds so tempting now. You getting it from a shop, or are they selling it online?
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
April 6th, 2007 at 12:43pm
weekend warrior.:
Ahh, that sounds so tempting now. You getting it from a shop, or are they selling it online?
It's a custom, I think I'll probably have to go to the shop for it.
I'm trying to find out if I can have it shipped over. The site is here
if you want to see. On the left is a golden column, it says "In Japan"
on top. Look down the list till you see "Die". Click on the Japanese
name above it, and it's the second guitar down. And also you can see
the whole gallery of Ganesas at Japanese Zombie Heroez.
I wouldn't be suprised if I found one at an online auction, but when
it comes to guitars, I'd rather be safe and buy right from the source.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
April 6th, 2007 at 05:17pm
An Ibanez RG120 Guitar
(Black of course, hehe)

And a 15 watt Line 6 amp. It's actually pretty big and it an auditorium can hear it at half volume.

Also a Digitech RP200A. It's an all effects thing. It's awesome.

apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
April 6th, 2007 at 07:42pm
Oxycontin Genocide:
An Ibanez RG120 Guitar
Those are pretty nice.
Easter Davy
Motor Baby
Easter Davy
April 7th, 2007 at 12:03am
I just got this guitar last month: Click

It's an Ibanez ADD120.
qianthefirst
Joining The Black Parade
qianthefirst
April 7th, 2007 at 07:52am
really need and electric...been playing rock riffs on my classic...sounds really odd but beggars can't be choosers.
can neone recomend a good starting electric...that won't cost too much but still sound good. ..my friend says a epiphone is okay but i don't know.
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
April 7th, 2007 at 09:53am
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
April 7th, 2007 at 12:53pm
I have a Yamaha keyboard and a Fender guitar.
I don't know how to play either. -. -
but I really wanna learn.
degaussed.
Jazz Hands
degaussed.
April 8th, 2007 at 05:17am
I have a Fender acoustic guitar. It sounds great.

And I plan on buying an electric one this summer, I have yet to decide what type.
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
April 8th, 2007 at 05:38am
Oxycontin Genocide:
An Ibanez RG120 Guitar
(Black of course, hehe)
Most fantastic guitars in the world. I'm getting one.
Fish Camp
Jazz Hands
Fish Camp
April 9th, 2007 at 04:54am
xXPathetic.HeroineXx:
Megan Megatoast:
only chasing safety.:
My guitar kind of sucks. I got it at Target, haha. It's an acoustic Washburn.

I have a washburn electric... its old and sounds horrible compared to my Ibanez RG 350. Though, the fact that the humbuckers are dying may have somehting ot do with that. xD

haha.
=P
Does anyone here know where to find Stratacaster guitar in the Toronto Area? I've been looking for a while and I can't seem to find one at Long & Mcquade.

i'm not from there so i dunno. but if you have guitar centers, go there. if not, try looking in (seriously, you'll laugh but this is where you find REALLY good guitars) pawnshops and stuff like that. and just google guitar shops in your area, it's not that hard.

but remember, when all else fails: EBAY!

if that all sucks, pm me and i'll try and help you more. i spend all of my time in guitar shops, trust me, i know how to find a strat. i've got 3