Don't have an account? Create one!

Questions thread.

AuthorMessage
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
May 24th, 2007 at 04:40pm
Ladysaw731:
Where can I find really good guitar straps online?
musiciansfriend.com
filthy hands.
Shotgun Sinner
filthy hands.
May 24th, 2007 at 09:54pm
Are there any websites that sell guitar strings, like GHS brand, that dont cost a fortune? The only places in my town that sell strings charge $7-$10 and that's just kinda crazy to me
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
May 25th, 2007 at 06:42am
Always check musiciansfriend.com

Google always has answers, too.
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
May 30th, 2007 at 03:58pm
Simple and Clean:
When playing keyboard, what's a good way to get good playing one thing with each hand?

i don't know how to explain but i'll try

urm...i guess with right hand practise the main tune and when you feel that you've gotten it right start using your left hand if its chords then it simple to just play that chord where it says so on the piece your playing but if its like another tune practise it like you do with your right hand and then add it together

hope thats understandable XD
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
May 31st, 2007 at 01:44pm
^ Ha, yep, just xD
Thanks a lot, I'll try that =D
medical mishap
Always Born a Crime
medical mishap
June 6th, 2007 at 12:59am
For all the bassists out there, how did you start learning? Did you get a teacher/tutor or did you teach themselves?
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
June 7th, 2007 at 01:30pm
Blood Stained.:
For all the bassists out there, how did you start learning? Did you get a teacher/tutor or did you teach themselves?

I taught myself. Personally, i think a bass teacher is a waste of money, because, at first you will only learn bass chords, which you can find for free on line. And the rest is purely down to practise.
Synyster
Salute You in Your Grave
Synyster
June 7th, 2007 at 10:24pm
how do you play these two chords on guitar: F+7sus(b9) and G7(b9)
thanks
Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
June 13th, 2007 at 01:20pm

I asked my parents to learn bass and they accepted but said I need to get more information. So I have a bunch of questions...
What's the difference between an acoustic bass and an electric one?
And can you play an electric bass without an amplifier?
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
June 14th, 2007 at 05:37am
Runaway love.:

I asked my parents to learn bass and they accepted but said I need to get more information. So I have a bunch of questions...
What's the difference between an acoustic bass and an electric one?
And can you play an electric bass without an amplifier?
Electric.
Acoustic.

The difference is, as you can see, the body. The body of the acoustic is hollow, so it makes sound even if it is unplugged. However it can also be amplified if it has a built in mic. The electric bass is solid, so it makes makes less sound if unplugged.

I also think, on a side note, that acoustic basses have different strings. But that doesn't matter.
Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
June 16th, 2007 at 11:01am

^^ Ok, Thank you!
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
June 17th, 2007 at 05:42am
x3.mcr.to.the.end:

I put this question in personal questions but i guess it belongs here.... =/ moderators lock it if i messed up.. =S

So I've always wanted to learn either drums or guitar. Two years ago I played drums for a few months, but didn't actually get a drumkit.
Now I want to take it up again, but my parents want me to do guitar. Now I'm confused and I don't know what I want to play.
Could anyone give me a beginners price range for drums or guitar, or opinions on which instrument to do...
=) thanks

so... =/
The Bella
Thinking Happy Thoughts
The Bella
June 18th, 2007 at 12:47am
[quote="x3.mcr.to.the.end"]
x3.mcr.to.the.end:

I put this question in personal questions but i guess it belongs here.... =/ moderators lock it if i messed up.. =S

So I've always wanted to learn either drums or guitar. Two years ago I played drums for a few months, but didn't actually get a drumkit.
Now I want to take it up again, but my parents want me to do guitar. Now I'm confused and I don't know what I want to play.
Could anyone give me a beginners price range for drums or guitar, or opinions on which instrument to do...
=) thanks

Well do what you really want to do, I suggest browsing your local music stores, get something that sounds good if you've got your heart set on doing it, but if you don't Wal Mart does have the cheap drumsets (I think like an actual drumset, but it may just be a kids drumset) Idk I just glanced and saw it where they keep their insturments) and guitars for like 100 or 200 bucks, but I really don't recommend it to anyone unless you plan on trashing it.
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
June 18th, 2007 at 09:56am
Being a beginner doesn't mean "using shit".

Get a used drumset, it would cost around $1000 for a working one.
Or, get a new guitar. Anything cheaper than $200 is a no-no though. Only idiots buy $100 guitars.
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
June 20th, 2007 at 07:37am
well one of the guys i asked put it like this.
it depends on whether you prefer hitting things or plucking things. =/ that was a good way to put it. but i'm still stuck =S
degaussed.
Jazz Hands
degaussed.
June 24th, 2007 at 08:37am
I'm having trouble with playing a song on the guitar and singing at the same time. I can play the song on the guitar with no problems, and I can sing the song. but when I try to do it at the same time, it's a disaster, mostly I can't keep the strumming pattern. Any advice?
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
June 24th, 2007 at 08:54am
Practice. When it comes to synchronising singing and playing it only comes down to practice.
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
June 27th, 2007 at 10:20pm
Is it possible to just buy a cable cord? If so where online can I?
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
June 28th, 2007 at 11:02am
^^^
Guitar Center?
You can get one anywhere...
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
June 28th, 2007 at 11:57pm
Ok thanks<3