Don't have an account? Create one!

Questions thread.

AuthorMessage
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
July 23rd, 2007 at 05:18pm
What is sweep picking and where can you learn it? I'm familiar with slides, vibrato, hammer-ons and such. Would sweep picking be too difficult?

Page Claim: Schecter Gonnabe!
marley.
Awake and Unafraid
marley.
July 25th, 2007 at 07:24pm
Aghhh, does anyone have any of the following sheet music for keyboard pleaseee?

Can't Fight The Moonlight// Lee Ann Rymes.
1000// Vanessa Carlton.
Cartoon Heros// Aqua.
Any Britney Spears.

Pleaseeeee??
hmmm
Motor Baby
hmmm
July 26th, 2007 at 05:24am
i have... two questions... ^.^

okay. so. what would be some good motivation for practicing during the summer? and about how long should i practice? [i've been playing violin for four years and i never ever practice during the summer]

and, does anyone know any good books that would be a challenge? like, for shifting or something, or even just songs that are really fun? i want to be prepared next year... : D
Bonne.Idee
Joining The Black Parade
Bonne.Idee
July 28th, 2007 at 02:42am
Hermione Granger.:
Aghhh, does anyone have any of the following sheet music for keyboard pleaseee?

Can't Fight The Moonlight// Lee Ann Rymes.
1000// Vanessa Carlton.
Cartoon Heros// Aqua.
Any Britney Spears.

Pleaseeeee??

I have the whole of Britney's In the Zone album
stitches
Fabulous Killjoy
stitches
August 11th, 2007 at 06:26pm
errrrr. does anyone know how i can convert m4a to mp3? any websites that i can go to?
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
August 21st, 2007 at 06:00pm
kelseddie.:
i have... two questions... ^.^

okay. so. what would be some good motivation for practicing during the summer? and about how long should i practice? [i've been playing violin for four years and i never ever practice during the summer]

and, does anyone know any good books that would be a challenge? like, for shifting or something, or even just songs that are really fun? i want to be prepared next year... : D
Try listening to music with violin in it either before you go to bed or when you get up in the morning.
Probably with something that'd be challenging for you.
If it's chalenging, you'd probably want to work more at it so you can play like that.

Even though the summer's nearly over now xD

I bought an old guitar three or four years ago and never really got to learn to play. (I live in a small area, and the only real guitar teacher no longer teaches)
The instrument has been banged around a lot and no longer sounds like a guitar.
I don't know how to tune it and was wondering if someone knew a way that I could get it tuned if I dont have a tuner.
The strings should be fine, because when I bought it I had the strings replaced.
retardedroyalty:
errrrr. does anyone know how i can convert m4a to mp3? any websites that i can go to?
I'm not sure this is the right place for that question, is it? Oh well.
If you have iTunes, you should be able to convert it through there. I don't know how to do it...I never got that figured out yet, but there is a way.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
August 22nd, 2007 at 06:51pm
k. ive been playing guitar for awhile now...but...i cant do a pickslide im hopeless!!!

>___>.....*shame*
also i'd like to know what amp i should get im buying an Epiphone Gibson SG Standard.
Its gotta have a good grunge sound as well as being able to do clean solo work. and it cant be more than $700 or i'll never be able to afford it -_____-
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
August 22nd, 2007 at 06:54pm
McLOVIN:
retardedroyalty:
I'm not sure this is the right place for that question, is it? Oh well.
If you have iTunes, you should be able to convert it through there. I don't know how to do it...I never got that figured out yet, but there is a way.

go into iTunes,
Preferences
Advanced
Importing
"Import Using" change to MP3 Encoder and set it to 128kps or "Good Quality" its the easiest.
then right click on the songs and "Convert to MP3"
or highlight the song you wanna convert and go up to "Advanced" then "Convert To MP3"
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
August 22nd, 2007 at 07:39pm
Bert McCracken:
k. ive been playing guitar for awhile now...but...i cant do a pickslide im hopeless!!!

>___>.....*shame*
also i'd like to know what amp i should get im buying an Epiphone Gibson SG Standard.
Its gotta have a good grunge sound as well as being able to do clean solo work. and it cant be more than $700 or i'll never be able to afford it -_____-

A pickslide ie easy to do. Just run the pick on the string starting at the bridge and going down towards the headstock. Is the SG a Gibson or an Epi? Major dif. I assume it's an Epi. I'd recommend a Peavey amp of any kind or a Rivera. Their Pubster model is around seven hundred. Riveras are some of the nicest, but in your price range, a Peavey.

McLOVIN: Try the fifth-fret method. Google it.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
August 22nd, 2007 at 08:40pm
Funeral For A Friend:
Bert McCracken:

>___>.....*shame*

A pickslide ie easy to do. Just run the pick on the string starting at the bridge and going down towards the headstock. Is the SG a Gibson or an Epi? Major dif. I assume it's an Epi. I'd recommend a Peavey amp of any kind or a Rivera. Their Pubster model is around seven hundred. Riveras are some of the nicest, but in your price range, a Peavey.

McLOVIN: Try the fifth-fret method. Google it.

yeah ive tried that..it rly doesnt work for me..and yeah its an Epiphone..i said the Gibson cause thats the model XD!
ooo. okay i'll have a look around..i tried the guitar out on a reaaaallllyyyy nice Marshall amp *drools* D: i cant afford it.... Crying or Very sad damn the world..
Sympathy
Jazz Hands
Sympathy
August 22nd, 2007 at 09:09pm
I'm getting a Fender Strat (a real one, a ridiculously expensive one), and I don't know what amp I can get for that either. I want a nice one but I can probably manage with one that just does the job as well.
I can raise about a thousand to a thousand and a half dollars for the amp maybe after I get the guitar.
Any suggestions for that price range?

Thanks.
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
August 22nd, 2007 at 11:33pm
Rivera! Hey, Bert, where do you have trouble with the pickslide?
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
August 23rd, 2007 at 08:34am
Funeral For A Friend:
Rivera! Hey, Bert, where do you have trouble with the pickslide?

i dunno i slide the edge of the pick along the string upwards from the bottom of the fretboard but it never gets the right sound! it just makes this strange noise that doesnt quite sound right =[
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
August 23rd, 2007 at 07:48pm
I think that weird sound is what you're going for.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
August 25th, 2007 at 12:06pm
Pretty Like Drugs.:
I'm getting a Fender Strat (a real one, a ridiculously expensive one), and I don't know what amp I can get for that either. I want a nice one but I can probably manage with one that just does the job as well.
I can raise about a thousand to a thousand and a half dollars for the amp maybe after I get the guitar.
Any suggestions for that price range?

Thanks.

I'd get a marshall, after all, they must be good, almost every band I've seen uses them.
mine only cost £100 as well.
But since you have so much money to spend on one, I'd get an even better marshall amp.

Haha, sorry I couldn't be anymore help.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
August 26th, 2007 at 11:52am
Funeral For A Friend:
I think that weird sound is what you're going for.

nononono. i know what sound a pickslide makes and this isnt right. i'll try master it Neutral
aunt jemima.
Banned
aunt jemima.
August 29th, 2007 at 10:53pm
i've been playing guitar for a few years, but i has really n00bish question.

how are you supposed to hold power chords? i've always just used my pointy and ring fingers, but my friend said you're supposed to use your pinky too? idk. it just doesn't make sense to me.
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
September 1st, 2007 at 08:01pm
dan whitesides.:
i've been playing guitar for a few years, but i has really n00bish question.

how are you supposed to hold power chords? i've always just used my pointy and ring fingers, but my friend said you're supposed to use your pinky too? idk. it just doesn't make sense to me.

Take an F power chord.

E|
B|
G|
D|-----------3---------
A|------------3--------
E|-1--------------------

You can barre the A and D strings, or instead of the 3-3 fingering, you can use 3-4. Like so:

E|
B|
G|
D|-----------4---------
A|------------3--------
E|-1--------------------

I barre it. Or I use this:

E|
B|
G|
D|
A|------------3--------
E|-1--------------------
That's a power chord in itself. Good luck!
rollertoaster
Fabulous Killjoy
rollertoaster
September 7th, 2007 at 01:55am
I don't know how to write sheet music.

Does anyone have a link to an online tutorial or something that I can use?

I have SOME knowledge of keyboard and my friend needs me to play synths. =/
It's Lyn-z!
Demolition Lover
It's Lyn-z!
September 19th, 2007 at 05:39pm
rollertoaster:
I don't know how to write sheet music.

Does anyone have a link to an online tutorial or something that I can use?

I have SOME knowledge of keyboard and my friend needs me to play synths. =/
use syballius tthats spelt totaly wrong but its a program i use at school and it works wonders