Don't have an account? Create one!

Questions thread.

AuthorMessage
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
October 4th, 2007 at 04:05am
-- What's a good website to buy good musical instruments (specifically a guitar) from?
run fat boy run.
Banned
run fat boy run.
October 4th, 2007 at 06:24am
Ladysaw731:
-- What's a good website to buy good musical instruments (specifically a guitar) from?

Well, I'm not really sure, but I mainly look HERE. Mr. Green Hopefully that helps.
br00tal.
Salute You in Your Grave
br00tal.
October 7th, 2007 at 04:18am
What is the best way to dry a wet saxophone?
[damn rain.]

And, what is a recommended brand of reeds for an alto sax?
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
October 9th, 2007 at 06:01pm
Hey,

I've recently began writing music and would like to put lyrics to it. I'm not entirely sure how to do this. My questions are:

1. Is there any particular rule muscians follow when putting lyrics to music or do they just put the lyrics there if it sounds good?

2. What are your best tips to putting lyrics to a song (if you have any)?
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
October 9th, 2007 at 06:06pm
Silverstein:
What is sweep picking and where can you learn it? I'm familiar with slides, vibrato, hammer-ons and such. Would sweep picking be too difficult?

Page Claim: Schecter Gonnabe!

Sweep picking is used for playing chords. it is a good technique if you are playing at speed. To sweep pick, gently sweep the plectrum over the strings. Simple. Smile
synesthesia cure
Killjoy
synesthesia cure
October 30th, 2007 at 04:27am
hey guys, i write songs VERY like mcr songs, Shocked it comes naturally. should i enter any of my songs and risk being called a mcr 'ripoff'? Crying or Very sad
dimes O.O
Thinking Happy Thoughts
dimes O.O
November 18th, 2007 at 12:29pm
Hey does anyone one know ANYWHERE thats has a bass guitar for like 60 dollars?
Hobob
Jazz Hands
Hobob
November 22nd, 2007 at 02:16pm
ive got quite the urgent question...
can you use a guitar leads..be used both with guitar and bass guitar? or do i have to buy a bass guitar lead. and a guitar lead?
slim_blues_boy
Killjoy
slim_blues_boy
November 27th, 2007 at 07:47am
Hai, this is the first time I use this board.
Can somebody help me.
I wanna know what gears that Frank and Ray use on stage?
I only knew Frank use Epiphone guitar (mostly Les Paul, and SG sometime) and
Ray used to play with Epiphone Les Paul but now he use Gibson Les Paul.
For the amps, I saw them using Marshall, and before they use Marshall they use Randall (If I'm not wrong).
I want to know what effect the use.
Can somebody tell me?
Your help is much appreciate it.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
November 28th, 2007 at 05:03am
Okay im just wondering; how do you figure out a tune to lyrics i can write lyrics i can do guitar i just cant get a tune to the lyrics Neutral.....also if i DO i forget the tune Cry

and also ive been playing on a Squier Bullet Strat for about two years now, would it be sensible to go onto an Epiphone SG 400? my Strat is completely ruined thanks to ex friends Cry im looking to play stuff more like The Used and Grungy kinda stuff. usually drop D. am i looking at the right guitar?
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
December 2nd, 2007 at 04:10am
I have a question.
Not that anyone would answer it, but here goes.

My dad accidentally made a crack in my guitar, and it kinda looks like this: D
I took it into guitar techs at the place I got it, and they said they could put wood filler in... Will that help?
WastedFire.
Killjoy
WastedFire.
December 7th, 2007 at 09:40pm
Probably cosmetically , but where is the crack? If its near the neck or the bridge , you need to get a new guitar , because if either on decides tto snap off while you are playin , you'll break your hands.
WastedFire.
Killjoy
WastedFire.
December 7th, 2007 at 09:44pm
Bert McCracken:
Okay im just wondering; how do you figure out a tune to lyrics i can write lyrics i can do guitar i just cant get a tune to the lyrics Neutral.....also if i DO i forget the tune Cry

and also ive been playing on a Squier Bullet Strat for about two years now, would it be sensible to go onto an Epiphone SG 400? my Strat is completely ruined thanks to ex friends Cry im looking to play stuff more like The Used and Grungy kinda stuff. usually drop D. am i looking at the right guitar?

1st Question -
1. Find what key you are in.
2. Fool around with different scales until you find a hook/vocal line that fits with your song..

Question 2 -

I use an Epiphone Les Paul Standard , and that seems to be a pretty versatile guitar as far as playing different styles of music. The SG's arent really as good as the Les Pauls i find , and the double cut out gets annoying, but whatever floats your boat.

Also consider what amps and effects you want to use , A 15 watt Mega Amp isnt much use for anything , and a 100-watt marshall stack is pretty much overkill unless your playing alot of shows.
degaussed.
Jazz Hands
degaussed.
December 10th, 2007 at 09:11am
What key is this in:

--9-------
---10-----
------9-----
-------------
-------------
--------------
Scartist
Jazz Hands
Scartist
December 10th, 2007 at 06:49pm
Does anyone know what kind of guitar this is:http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ScarMan_/frank55.jpg
I think it says Epiphone, but what kind? I went to look on the website but there are no Epiphone guitars similar to this...
xCemetaryxDrivex
Killjoy
xCemetaryxDrivex
December 12th, 2007 at 02:32pm
Anybody know any songs on guitar for beginners?
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
December 14th, 2007 at 11:20pm
xCemetaryxDrivex:
Anybody know any songs on guitar for beginners?

Brain Stew - Green Day

All The Small Things - Blink 182

Dammit - Blink 182

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams - Green Day
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
December 16th, 2007 at 08:51am
Scartist:
Does anyone know what kind of guitar this is:http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ScarMan_/frank55.jpg
I think it says Epiphone, but what kind? I went to look on the website but there are no Epiphone guitars similar to this...

the link won't work for me, 'it says page cannot be displayed' can you describe it or post it with a different link or something?
never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
December 27th, 2007 at 09:16pm
---Hey, my drum set is slightly out of tune. Anyone know a good way to tune it?
purveyors of dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
purveyors of dreams.
January 10th, 2008 at 03:56am
I used to learn acoustic guitar for a while back, then I stopped. I'm planning on starting again but this time for electirc guitar. I was wondering, should I just learn by myself using the internet and tabs online, or should I actually go out and get proper lessons, which to be frankly honest about, cost quite alot, especially because I'm paying them on my own.