Don't have an account? Create one!

It's kinda funny...in an eerie way.

AuthorMessage
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 16th, 2007 at 09:50pm
You know about the mass shooting at Virginia Tech, that left 33 dead and 15 wounded, today? Tragic of course. Anybody kinda find it funny(and by funny I don't mean humorous, I mean coincidental) that the song and video for 'Teenagers', about school gun violence is soon to be released? High school gun violence, primarily, but still. This just seems to make the song so much more relevant. Creepy timing.Confused
Dude...Potatoes
Salute You in Your Grave
Dude...Potatoes
April 16th, 2007 at 10:02pm
omg i watched that for like an hour on the news during school!
Funky Crime
Bleeding on the Floor
Funky Crime
April 16th, 2007 at 10:19pm
THank you!
I just posted something about that in the Teenagers video thread.
I hope that they don't get a bad rap for having it, because it was filmed way before.
I'm just afraid that, depending on how the video looks, people will blame them or will say they encourage teen gun violence...
It freaks me out.
And it's ironic........... Crying or Very sad
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 16th, 2007 at 10:29pm
Nah, I don't think that'll happen. You remember the whole 'House of Wolves' situation, where some crazy bitch burned a church or something down? Nobody thought twice. I think if anything...it'll just make people look at the song closer.
xPaigeKillzx
Killjoy
xPaigeKillzx
April 16th, 2007 at 11:14pm
I think this could actually be really good for mcr; it will get them a lot of attention for sure.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 16th, 2007 at 11:23pm

Does this really need its own thread? This could go in the Teenagers thread.
VampireCupcake
Bleeding on the Floor
VampireCupcake
April 16th, 2007 at 11:27pm
xPaigeKillzx:
I think this could actually be really good for mcr; it will get them a lot of attention for sure.
But I don't think it wuold be good attention, if any at all.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 16th, 2007 at 11:30pm
xPaigeKillzx:
I see what you mean. But it feels so wrong to look at it that way. So exploitative...
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 17th, 2007 at 12:24am
Man. I just keep picturing this line in my head..."But if you're troubled and hurt, what you got under your shirt, will make them pay for the things, that they did." I can't imagine somebody who just lost a loved one would wanna hear that. What to do, what to do.Sad
musicequalslife
Killjoy
musicequalslife
April 17th, 2007 at 12:26am
yah when i was watching the news the song "teenagers" was the first thing that popped into my head...
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
Bleeding on the Floor
DeCiMaTeD_DrEaMs
April 17th, 2007 at 12:48am
yeah its kinda...cant find the word ^^... err..i havent paid attention to the news though, i just know that something happened at some virgina college??
xPaigeKillzx
Killjoy
xPaigeKillzx
April 17th, 2007 at 01:12am
I hope that the song will allow people to examine why these shootings happen? Like the mindset of the killers?

I hope it isn't another Marilyn Manson thing
vicious.
Bulletproof Heart
vicious.
April 17th, 2007 at 01:43am
it think its VERY BAD timing because sure, Teenagers may get more attention, but it won't be good...its just gonna give people another STUPID reason to hate them
Dan.
Demolition Lover
Dan.
April 17th, 2007 at 02:43am
the only problem is that we don't know what the video for teenages is about?
is it a performance or does it have a story behind it about gun violence?
do you reckon that if it does have a gun violence story in the video they might get rid of it and reshoot another?
the only thing that i can think of that will maybe give the song a bad vibe/name is the lyrics and people not actually first listening to the song and misinterpreting the meaning and purpose.
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
April 17th, 2007 at 03:19am
i.create.havoc.:
the only problem is that we don't know what the video for teenages is about?
is it a performance or does it have a story behind it about gun violence?
do you reckon that if it does have a gun violence story in the video they might get rid of it and reshoot another?
the only thing that i can think of that will maybe give the song a bad vibe/name is the lyrics and people not actually first listening to the song and misinterpreting the meaning and purpose.

True,
There might not be ANY reference to gun violence in the video.

Who knows, maby MCR will decide not to release it and choose another single instead....like Mama.
And then they will make a video for Mama or Sharpest Lives, and I will be SOOO happy because it's what I've wanted all along.
And then they will release teenagers way later.

*crosses fingers*
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
April 17th, 2007 at 03:20am
iDontLuvu4400:
it think its VERY BAD timing because sure, Teenagers may get more attention, but it won't be good...its just gonna give people another STUPID reason to hate them

ok so theres two ways you can look at it:
1) it'll make people hate teenagers
or
2) it'll make people afraid of teenagers.
that would be so much fun i reckon.
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
April 17th, 2007 at 06:12am
xPaigeKillzx:
I hope that the song will allow people to examine why these shootings happen? Like the mindset of the killers?

If it's released so soon I have a feeling it will end up like that. When tragedies like this happen & people want a reason as to why the music gets blamed a lot. I really want them to wait b/c I don't wait to see the families hurting more & I don't feel like defending MCR from the ignorant things people are going to say about them...
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
April 17th, 2007 at 06:14am
don't aim to please.:
Nah, I don't think that'll happen. You remember the whole 'House of Wolves' situation, where some crazy bitch burned a church or something down? Nobody thought twice. I think if anything...it'll just make people look at the song closer.

True but there wasn't as much attention focused on it or as much destruction caused...
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
April 17th, 2007 at 06:30am
Ladysaw731:
xPaigeKillzx:

If it's released so soon I have a feeling it will end up like that. When tragedies like this happen & people want a reason as to why the music gets blamed a lot. I really want them to wait b/c I don't wait to see the families hurting more & I don't feel like defending MCR from the ignorant things people are going to say about them...

I hate it so much when people blame music for situations like the columbine massacre!
ennui.
Awake and Unafraid
ennui.
April 17th, 2007 at 07:32am

^Same here. It's stupid