Don't have an account? Create one!

Creation

AuthorMessage
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
June 2nd, 2009 at 10:50am
I think these laws carry themselves into the physical, AND the social world.
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
June 6th, 2009 at 10:04pm
Evolution. There is so much evidence through fossils etc that that was how the human race was developed. As for the earth I'm going with science rather than "the creator" Because when it boils down to practicality, how is it possible for some "Awesome force" Up in the sky to decide one day to make a planet? Like how can one person create millions and millions of species and forestry etc...
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
June 7th, 2009 at 11:46am
I'm pretty convinced on the evolution front, especially with the recent discovery of Ida, the supposed 'missing link'. I believe in the big bang theory, but I also believe that God, in some way, shape, or form created all that is.
For me it's very easy to reconcile my religion and my scientific beliefs. I don't think of God as some big man in the sky, to me God is a force that permeates existance, like gravity, or any other physical force. I believe that God is the force that caused the big bang.
I've been reading a lot about physics lately, specifically about the beginning of the universe and entropy. For the universe to exist as it does today the big bang would have had to resulted in some kind of highly ordered state, something very rare, the oddball chances that the universe even exists makes me believe in a higher being.
mostly human
Always Born a Crime
mostly human
June 9th, 2009 at 05:55pm
I'm catholic and I belive in the big bang and evolution, but I also belive that there was a higher power behind these events happening.
The reason the story of Adam and Eve should'nt be considered as a theory on how the world was created is because it's just there to serve as a parable. There's another meaning behind it, so it isn't the LOGICAL explanation.
There's alot of symbolism in it, for example adam and eve represent the male and female race, not just two people who amazingly populated the whole earth.
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
June 10th, 2009 at 03:39pm
Faraday:
I've been reading a lot about physics lately, specifically about the beginning of the universe and entropy. For the universe to exist as it does today the big bang would have had to resulted in some kind of highly ordered state, something very rare, the oddball chances that the universe even exists makes me believe in a higher being.

The chances of a "big bang" creating Earth in the perfect spot in the universe to support life, coincidentally, is much more then rare. Its practically impossible. No...im pretty sure its safe to say that it IS impossible. Unless you think a 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance is nothing more then a rare occurrence.

I always here people saying that a "creator" is impossible. The idea is just too far out there. Well when you look at the Earth, and you analyze the big bang theory, it really is just as "unlikely" as people think the idea of a creator is. The big bang theory claims that randomly there was an explosion in the universe, which just happened to create a planet, that just happened to land in the absolute perfect spot in the universe to support life (if the earth had just been a tiny bit closer to the sun, just a tiny bit, our water supply would evaporate, and if we had just been a tiny bit further back then we would freeze), and then life just happened to bring itself about. The big bang bang theory is filled with so "whats ifs", so many "maybe's" and so many coincidences. The idea of a creator is simple: Creator made the world and made life. There are no "maybe's", there are no "what ifs" and there is no coincidence.

People keep saying that the idea of a creator is impossible and illogical, when in reality, the idea of the big bang is just as, no, its more illogical and unreasonable then intelligent design.
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
June 14th, 2009 at 05:45pm
Giant Star in the center of the universe,
star explodes (a.k.a. big bang),
clouds of cosmic energy, dark matter, plasma, etc. form various smaller stars,
repeated several times,
eventually the various energy forms combine to from planets,
trillions, quadrillions, or mabye more years later Earth is formed,
somehow the rock, or magma goes under an emense chemical procedure that forms water,
water froms into a thin cell mebrane containing cytoplasm,
more complex organism evole through genetic mutations that offer advantages or just no disadvantages,
eventually animals, and plants form,
Many other new lifeforms including fish and arthropods form,
The first pioneer plant species gain adaptations that allow them to live on land,
some arthropods move onto land,
some fish evolved legs and moved onto land,
look I'm not going to tell you the whole story, okay.
Some six billion years after the formation of the Earth we sit here and discuss the creation of the Earth in an online chatroom.
Why do so many people argue over the past when there are so many problems we are facing now?
Look "mabye" there was a god in there somewhere along the line, but everything else can be explained by science.
If you want to prove us wrong why don't you try praying to god to reveal the bones of adam and eve to the world.
P.S. If you actually tried that, you're a moron.
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 14th, 2009 at 05:47pm
^where did the giant star come from? How was it created?
mostly human
Always Born a Crime
mostly human
June 14th, 2009 at 07:20pm
Just as doctor.said, where did the giant star come from?
Something else must've created it,
and also as I said in my earlier post, adam and eve didn't exsist.
Even the church says they are just fictional there to serve as a story about the way we were created. The spiritual story that is, not the whole "let there be light" kind of way.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
June 15th, 2009 at 08:15am
xxZalanortxx:
Giant Star in the center of the universe,
star explodes (a.k.a. big bang),

Wrong. How could there be a giant star in the center of the universe before the universe existed. Scientifically speaking before the big bang there was nothing, no matter, no space or time. The big bang wasn't actually an explosion, it was an expansion that continues to this day. Check your facts.

Why do so many people argue over the past when there are so many problems we are facing now?

The key to the future is in the past. Think about it, if we can understand how the entire universe came into being then there is nothing we can't understand.

Look "mabye" there was a god in there somewhere along the line, but everything else can be explained by science.
If you want to prove us wrong why don't you try praying to god to reveal the bones of adam and eve to the world.
P.S. If you actually tried that, you're a moron.

A lot of the people here have actually said that they think of adam and eve as a story, a parable, a metaphor whatever you want to call it, so there's no need to be so defensive and call people morons.
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
June 16th, 2009 at 04:30pm
Nancy Boy.:

Even the church says they are just fictional there to serve as a story about the way we were created. The spiritual story that is, not the whole "let there be light" kind of way.

I dont know what church you get your facts from, but if you believe that the accounts of the Bible are nothing more then fictional stories or parables then you do not belong to the Christian church. The church is based around the fact that the Bible is all truth, and no fiction.

Though no matter what you believe about the Bible or Adam and Eve that still doesnt change the fact that the Big Bang Theory makes no sense.
SisterOfTheRose
Jazz Hands
SisterOfTheRose
June 29th, 2009 at 11:50am
Nancy Boy.:
Just as doctor.said, where did the giant star come from?
Something else must've created it,
and also as I said in my earlier post, adam and eve didn't exsist.

If you're going to use the argument of something must be there to create the thing that created, surely there must have been something to create that as well and then you're just going to get this infinite chain going unless you believe in the whole Uncaused Cause Argument but even then, what's to stop the Big Bang from causing itself if God could have. Personally, I can't decide what to believe as the idea of God seems too unrealistic to me and the Big Bang has too much chance involved and I end up arguing in circles so sorry if what I've said makes no sense as a result.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
June 29th, 2009 at 01:29pm
^ again, the big bang couldn't have caused itself if there was nothing to crash.
I'm not sure about how that piece of matter came into being, but at the same time, if it was caused by a god, then that god would have had to come from somewhere. But, if god is timeless and has no beginning or end, the same could be said for matter instead.
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
July 3rd, 2009 at 05:12pm
I've already stated my support in the big bang theory and evolution in a previous response, but I am here to say this.

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW WE CAME INTO EXISTANCE, ALL THAT MATTERS IS OUR ACTIONS
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
July 3rd, 2009 at 05:18pm
Have any of you read any of H.P. Lovecraft's tales. They imply that some knowledge is so immense and unfathomable, that the human mind is unable to withstand such knowledge. Our sanity collapses ,as does our will to live. Maybe this is just something that is to great for us to know. Well at least to great for us to know now. In the future maybe. After all if you were to show a person from the 16th century a television that was currently on, then they might very well lose there minds.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 3rd, 2009 at 05:19pm
xxZalanortxx:
there are edit buttons. you don't need to make a new post every time you think of something new to say.
chasing dragonflies.
Killjoy
chasing dragonflies.
July 3rd, 2009 at 08:43pm
We've been discussing this recently at school.
According to my RE teacher, The 7-day Bible story was just a way of explaining in the early years when people didn't have a way to explain the creation.
There are two that we looked at that would make sense to me, If I believed in God:
Paley's theory, that the world must have been created by God because it shows so much evidence of design and purpose. This one, I can understand to a certain extent.
And Aquinas' theory, that God is the uncaused cause, and is at the start of it all, like dominoes. This one, however, I find kind of stupid. HOW can there have been an uncaused cause? How did it begin? It MUST have been made. But then again, EVERYTHING needs a start, doesn't it?
However, personally, I think it was just sheer luck.
fault lines.
Awake and Unafraid
fault lines.
July 6th, 2009 at 07:38am
i've always found this topic a dead end topic. nobody knows for sure how the world started and how it will end. i respect peoples opinions on it, but there all based on facts that can't be proven.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 6th, 2009 at 02:24pm
alex johnson.:
i've always found this topic a dead end topic. nobody knows for sure how the world started and how it will end. i respect peoples opinions on it, but there all based on facts that can't be proven.

It is in a way, no one can really know what happened unless we go back in time and document it.
nervesplitter
Killjoy
nervesplitter
December 18th, 2009 at 05:15am
it was just a rock then it collected dust and other rocks to make a planet then bacteria evolved into many things and trees made sure we had oxegen to breath and animals made sure trees had carbon dioxide to breath
nervesplitter
Killjoy
nervesplitter
December 18th, 2009 at 05:19am
and of coarse god didnt exist i mean otherwise that would mean that sceince isnt real when it obviosly is were not just here all of a sudden and when we die its either a big dream or recarnation not heaven when the world was made heaven couldnt be made aswell up in the sky