Don't have an account? Create one!

Underage drinking

AuthorMessage
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
July 28th, 2007 at 12:50am
I've had a beer every weekend since I was 7.
I don't drink for the sake of it, I drink because I enjoy to drink. Yes I'm doing something illegal, but, I'm not getting wasted. :/
It's so hard to explain!!
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
July 28th, 2007 at 08:46am
^well you know your limit, so its ok, i guess your not being like drunk sparling on the floor
flying not falling
Killjoy
flying not falling
July 28th, 2007 at 11:07am
I think that most kids have at least tried alcohol, wheather it be at a party, or even from their parents at weddings and such.
not tonight
Thinking Happy Thoughts
not tonight
July 28th, 2007 at 02:31pm
I think alcohol is just abit of fun for some people,
but teenagers who get wasted every single weekend and don't know what else to do with there spare time but get wasted are disgusting to me.
Alcohol can cause alot of problems and teenagers just need to realise that before they drink.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
July 28th, 2007 at 02:36pm
What do teens need Alcohol for?

You can have fun without it, and it doesn't numb pain.

So what's the point of breaking the law and drinking underage?

I do have an exception to my beliefs, and that's a glass of wine a day. It's very good for you no matter what age you are.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
July 28th, 2007 at 10:39pm
Well, Im underage and I drink.
But its not like, I get wasted every weekend.
I know my limits.
Bartowski.
Demolition Lover
Bartowski.
July 30th, 2007 at 09:30pm
Underage drinking isn't pretty. When I was in seventh grade I'd often have to work with a guy who got smashed every Sunday night, and possibly Monday morning too. Once he explained to me in detail exactly what he and his girlfriend had been up to last night. I had to sit next to her in band *shudders* Another time he couldn't multiply 5 by 3. Please remember, we were TWELVE.

I think kids do it because they're bored or think it will make their problems go away.
I don't think the Government can stop it, it's just human nature.
And, around here everyone is getting it from a college kid, or drinking moonshine.
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
July 31st, 2007 at 04:05am
My sister drinks. But not a lot, she loves alcohal, but she doesn't use it as an escape route. She drinks occasionally. We were brought up in a german household, it's to be expected. I've had a few myself, but nothing major. I don't really like wine or beer, I've had nothing else though. I'm okay with underage drinking, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Drunk people scare me, a lot.
kelly clarkson
Killjoy
kelly clarkson
July 31st, 2007 at 05:04am
I'm pretty much against drinking in general, so underage drinking is definitely not something I do or agree with. I don't hate on people who drink underage (or of age) but it is rather annoying when the under-agers think they're cool and brag about it. "Oh I got so wasted this one time..." Like I'm supposed to think that's cool or something. I really don't. I think they're trying to get my respect by talking about it but really they're losing it. Just my $.02.
Pilgrim.
Salute You in Your Grave
Pilgrim.
July 31st, 2007 at 11:57am
It's ugly, it's illegal and it's wrong. Yeah, I drank too when I was underaged, but never to the extremes you sometimes see these kids in. And yes, they're still KIDS! I saw a girl who couldn't have been more than 12 years old, lying unconcious with her friends surrounding her and laughing at her for not being able to cope with her booze, and I couldn't help but wonder who would get her home after her friends had passed out as well.

Basically, I don't have a problem with teens having a drink or two at a party or something, but drinking till you pass out is not only dangerous for your health (even when you're an adult), but also exposes you to people who might take advatage of you. That I've never been able to understand, or the fact how it's somehow cool to lose your memory after drinking.
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
July 31st, 2007 at 12:48pm
I think, that on one level its wrong, but its ok to have a little if the persons parent or guardian has let them have some.

I think so many teens have it becais eit makes them feel grown up and special.

The goverment should reduce the amount of people drinking alchahol because alchahol can take over and take controll and make people do they wouldn't normally do.

Alchahol is now cheaper and easier to get hold of.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
July 31st, 2007 at 05:28pm

What do you think about underage drinking?
I think that a certain amount of alcohol is okay for someone underaged to drink,
maybe just a little taste. To help them learn their limit.

What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so?
I think the fact that they're not supposed to plays a big role. Maybe because
your parents are always telling you not to.

What do you think the goverment should do to reduce the amount of
people drinking alcohol?

Well, whether you get alcohol or not is determined by the person selling it. So,
bars and stores should educate their employees to look at ID properly.

How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get
hold of the alcohol?

Because it's never been hard, whether it's from your parents liquor cabinet or
from the gas station down the road, it doesn't take very much to get it.
And certain drinks aren't very expensive either.

Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
July 31st, 2007 at 05:56pm
What do you think about underage drinking?
Uh. Sure. I know the more someone 15 or under drinks, the more likely they are to become dependent on it when they're older, and that makes me sad.
But the way I see it right now, for me, is I'm 18 and here you need to be 19 to purchase alcohol. If I went to Quebec or Alberta, or someone where the legal age is 18, I would be able to buy it. So how does the province I'm drinkin in affect anything?
I can' really word that properly, but it pisses me off. I don't get trashed everytime I'm drinking.

What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so?
It seems to be getting easier for teen to get a hold of it. Some parents, I know, are willing to buy it for their children.
A lot of people have a cousin or sibling who has no problem getting it for them.
People want to do what they're not supposed to do or have things they know they can not or should not have.
What do you think the goverment should do to reduce the amount of people drinking alchol?
PROHIBITION.
Not really. I think that may actually increase it.
I think putting the calories per serving on the label would turn off some people after a few drinks, maybe.
Upping the price would turn some people off as well.

How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get hold of the alchol?
If you have someone who has no problem going in an buying it for you, as long as you have a part time job, it can be easy to get.
Some people are likely to steal it out of their parents' mini bar. Some liquor store owners probably do not care who they sell it to -- as long as they're paying with money.
As I've said before, parents and siblings/cousins/co-workers will buy it.
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
August 2nd, 2007 at 11:37am
The drinking age around the world varies. Many countries seem to handle having a lower drinking age quite well. So, this you MUST wait until you're twenty-one sentiment is mainly a cultural thing. Not universal.

I don't like alcohol, though.
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
August 2nd, 2007 at 04:57pm
I think it's going to happen, no matter what the age limit. That point is proved by previous posts. And streaks in the sky is right, this 21 thing, is purely America. I think alot of the reason so many kids get drunk is because it is illegal.
Like, ooh, look at me, I'm a badass, I get drunk and I'm 13.
It's ridiculous.
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
August 3rd, 2007 at 04:37am
I know I have a drinkinbg problem, but that's because I often turn to drinking to solve my problems. Trust me, it doesn't work.
conor oberst.
Bleeding on the Floor
conor oberst.
August 3rd, 2007 at 08:05am
Alcohol tastes funny >.<!
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
August 5th, 2007 at 12:35pm
Jet Black Feeling's Got a point
why would u wanna drink something which taste funi?
XGiddyAsAGangBangerX
Killjoy
XGiddyAsAGangBangerX
August 5th, 2007 at 08:24pm
oOHang em highOo:

why would u wanna drink something which taste funi?

for the effect.

reason people drink? human nature, imo. its just one of those things in life you have the choice to try in this life, it works for some, and doesn't for others.
if you can have your drink, and not get yourself, or anyone else in trouble, i have no problem with it. i pretty much get drunk every weekend with my friends. it is fun, for me. when i've gone out and not had enough drink i have had a miserable night. i'm simply that person who needs a few drinks in them to loosen up, get happy and a lil more carefree. don't get me wrong, i know there are many who can have a smashing time w/o drink, some of my friends are like that, but thats just not me. for me, and for others like me, it is harmless fun and good times! i like the 'merry' feeling. and i've never had a hangover so bad i'd regret it or anything.
however, on the other hand, there are those with problems, there are those who can't handle it, or control themselves and those whom are much better off w/o it in their lives. thats why it all comes down to the individual. i think it all depends on the unique situation. we're all different, we all have our own limits and own demons.
Little Miss Bad
Killjoy
Little Miss Bad
August 5th, 2007 at 11:55pm
again my "friends" they drink a lot.
i wasn't drunk in my life (ok ok i'm only 14 x]) i want to say this a least untill i'm 18 or something
drinking for me is bad bad bad