Fabulous Killjoy
AmberHurley
August 6th, 2007 at 09:41pm
i dont think there is anything any1 can do about it honestly
Chowder
Motor Baby
Chowder
August 7th, 2007 at 01:52am
Well, I'm straight edge, so I don't drink.
And I am completely against underage drinking because a majority of people I met just drink to get drunk or they just want to be "cool" and that really worries me because being drunk and your breath reeking of alcohol is definitely not cool.
It's disgusting and it makes some people look and act like a fool or a complete and utter bitch.
-------------------------------------------
Tell me, does this seem cool:
Staggering around not knowing where you are, slurring your words, soon later on puking up what your stomach couldn't handle, and then passing out?
Is that really cool?
Not to mention waking up with a huge hangover in the morning.
Won't seem so cool then will you?
Also, excluding all of this, underage consumption of alcohol can cause growth defects.
Underage people are really better off without alcohol.
But this is all my opinion.

The choice is up to you.

Though certain people that are underage have a glass of champagne at a wedding her a glass of wine on New Years or any holiday.
To me, that’s okay.
That’s more like a tradition.

Anyway, I really don't think the government can do anything about it, really.
So many underage people are drinking.
It would be very, very hard to suddenly try to track down every single underage person who drinks.
Even if they tried, it'd be an extremely slow process.
Underage drinkers, in my opinion, get their alcohol and such from friends or parents who probably don't care what the effect of drinking has on them.
Or they take it from their own fridge.
They could get it from numerous places like parties and such.
Eh, I'm not too sure about exactly where they get it, but I know they get it from somewhere, but probably from someone.
Well, sorry if I offended anybody.
I really didn’t mean to.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
August 7th, 2007 at 08:56am
Avenged Sevenfold:
It doesnt taste funny after youve got used to it
And i drink Every Saturday/Friday
And i know my limit
And i enjoy every minute!
That still doesn't make it okay. You're fifteen, not twenty one or over.
Who cares if you know your "limits" it damages your liver and you're still growing. How is drinking okay? It's ignorant.
So let's say you forget your "limits" and as you get older you say - who cares about my "limits" and you grow to become and alcoholic?
Underage drinking comes with consequences. If teens do if then fine, they're throwing their lives away.
I can also be wrong if you look at this in a different point of view.
Not all underage drinkers will become alcoholics, not all of them will throw their lives away, but it's still a stupid thing to do. Can't you just wait until you're old enough? You're just kids, you have your whole lives ahead of you. It doesn't make you look cool.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
August 7th, 2007 at 03:26pm
^Most teenagers are capable of drinking responsibly. They'll probably make some mistakes, but if they're lucky it'll just be something like "drinking too much and puking on my favorite shoes" rather than "drinking too much, getting in a car, and driving it to my death". It's a risk people are willing to take. The fact of the matter is, most adults in this country drink, and they have to learn how to some time or another. A twenty-one year-old drinking for the first time could make a mistake just as easily as a fifteen year-old.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
August 8th, 2007 at 10:48pm
How does that make it okay for a teenager to drink though? Because an adult drinking for the first time can make a mistake just as easily as a fifteen year-old doesn't mean it's okay for the teenager to drink. There's an age limit for a reason.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
August 8th, 2007 at 11:03pm
^I'd agree with you if the age limit was eighteen in the US, but twenty-one is just ridiculous.
And even if it was, underage drinking isn't like, the ultimate evil. I think it's perfectly acceptable for people about fifteen and older to drink within reason. A beer here or there isn't going to hurt anyone, and it teaches people how to drink responsibly. A lot of teenagers get carried away with drinking, but that doesn't make drinking bad, and it doesn't make all teenagers who drink bad, either.
Lux Aeterna
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lux Aeterna
August 9th, 2007 at 03:15pm
If I am offered a drink or for some reason have acces to a drink I'd take it. I admire straight edge people for I could never really join :S
I love alcohol. I hardly ever drink though.

I dont think that drinking when you're young can effect your dependability later on in life much at all. Infact I think its good for kids to get used to alcohol and its effects while they are relatively young and still at home.
My dad first drank alcohol when he was in his 20's. He ended up becoming an alcoholic...

I dont have a problem with underage drinking as long as it doesn't go out of hand and there is at least one mature person there.
Andrew Morrison.
Jazz Hands
Andrew Morrison.
August 11th, 2007 at 01:14am
I am 14 and I have gotten drunk a few times with my mates. But I know that I'm not going to get into my drunken boyfriends car and go for a drive. I think people can be responsible for what they want to do.
jumpstartheart
Killjoy
jumpstartheart
August 11th, 2007 at 03:23am
Underage drinking is so common these days. Almost everyone in my year at school has drank alcohol at some point. I have, although ive never been drunk and dont really want to be. I dont want to be like some of the girls i know or have seen who stumble around throwing themselves onto guys who laugh at them and then KO and have to be taken home. Ive seen the effects it can have on relatioships too. People can change as soon as they have a drink inside them. One of my friends gets into a really depressed state when shes drunk and its really upsetting for me and my friends yet she continues to do it.

I think young people start to drink out of boredom really. I know a lot of friends think its the only way to make themselves more confortable and less self concious and that they're gonna have a better time by getting drunk on vodka (which tastes like nail polish remover) As far as getting hold of the alcohol i know my friends get it by asking older siblings or stealing it from home. A LOT of people here also get it by going "fishing." Thats when you wait outside an off license and pay older people to go into the shop and buy it for you. So the people who buy it for teens should take some responsibility. Im not preachy about it tho cos i know some people my age can drink responsibly and its not all bad if you're really careful and have people looking out for you.

I HATE when people brag about it though. When im in school i here people who are like "OMG it was HILARIOUS last night! I had like a naggon of vodka and 3 WKDs and i threw up and then i KO'D - Best night EVER!!!"
Like wtf? How is that enjoyable.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
August 11th, 2007 at 10:19am
My Helena Romance:
I am 14 and I have gotten drunk a few times with my mates. But I know that I'm not going to get into my drunken boyfriends car and go for a drive. I think people can be responsible for what they want to do.
Oh? And what if you are so drunk you don't even know whos car you are getting in?
xxmcrxxlivesxxonxx
Killjoy
xxmcrxxlivesxxonxx
August 11th, 2007 at 08:16pm
What do you think about underage drinking? Underaged drinking is stupid, And if people do it to be cool, its not cool, so...stop.

What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so? to look cool. to look like your this tight as hell chill person. its not all that great.

What do you think the goverment should do to reduce the amount of people drinking alchol? I dont think they CAN do anything. People these days are ruthless.

How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get hold of the alchol? a lot of underage kids have adult friends who do, and a lot of kids just get it from their friends/parents house
Foxy_Roxy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Foxy_Roxy
August 11th, 2007 at 09:54pm
I see underage drinking occur every weekend - luckily i very rarely participate due to medical reasons (which really are a blessing in disguise), and it is awful to see 13 - 16 ish year olds "get pissed" and aspire to do so. Unfortunately there is very little authorities can do to control it - kids somehow manage to get alcohol from places and always will, which is really quite sad.
However, in contrast I feel that a small drink on occasion UNDER STRICT GUIDANCE FROM AN ADULT is ok - it's when it becomes a day-to-day occurance in a bid to enter the "adult" world that make me angry. Nothing shows your immaturity more than setting out to become drunk - and taking pride in doing so.
Andrew Morrison.
Jazz Hands
Andrew Morrison.
August 11th, 2007 at 11:04pm
sheriff gee.:
My Helena Romance:
Oh? And what if you are so drunk you don't even know whos car you are getting in?

I didn't think about that...
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
August 12th, 2007 at 01:03am
i am against underage drinking.

for instance i was at a party earlier and everyone had drinks, when me and my mate refused to drink we were called weird,

i dont feel the need to drink, i wouldnt like to become drunk and feel that i had no control over myself, i also dont really enjoy the taste. Whatever i was attempting to drink tonite tasted like nail varnish remover!
Annaundead;
Awake and Unafraid
Annaundead;
August 15th, 2007 at 02:55pm
I get drunk almost every saturday and I'm 14. But me and everyone I hang out with know the boundries between whats acceptable.
I've never gotten so drunk I don't know what I'm doing.
And at gigs, I drink for the taste, not to get drunk.
Underage drinking is not a problem to me, as long as people are sensible about it.
[=
Future-Mrs-Way
Killjoy
Future-Mrs-Way
August 15th, 2007 at 07:13pm
What do you think about underage drinking? I think underage drinking is fine under moderation

What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so? Because it is the fashion...Going and getting drunk with your friends is fun...

What do you think the goverment should do to reduce the amount of people drinking alchol? I think nothing should be done...if people are stupid with it too much then mybe yes...but at the minute not too many people are...

How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get hold of the alchol? Becuse they hve older friends and 2 litre bottle of cider is £1.20...CHEAP AND EASY!
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 17th, 2007 at 05:51am
im totally against underage drinking.
why?
because why do you think they put 21 or older your able to drink so you dont get drunk get your liver messed up or do anything stupid.
most people just think thats its okay to drink if you have LIMITS on it.if thats so then why are the underage drinkers saying that and go off drinking themselves and say that they get drunk when your drunk what does that mean? That you went beyond your limits so that is proven wrong!
drinking has so many affects on your body but obivously if so many of the underage drinkers out there still drink and feel its okay. well its not
plus why would you underage drinkers go off drinking without telling your parents?
dont you know what drinking can do to you one day you can get overly drunk that you wont know what the hell or where the hell your going. and thats truley wrong!
secondly how is it fun to get drunk with your friends when your getting your body messed up?
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
August 17th, 2007 at 04:55pm
xMyBlackDaliahx:
im totally against underage drinking.
why?
because why do you think they put 21 or older your able to drink so you dont get drunk get your liver messed up or do anything stupid.
most people just think thats its okay to drink if you have LIMITS on it.if thats so then why are the underage drinkers saying that and go off drinking themselves and say that they get drunk when your drunk what does that mean? That you went beyond your limits so that is proven wrong!
drinking has so many affects on your body but obivously if so many of the underage drinkers out there still drink and feel its okay. well its not
plus why would you underage drinkers go off drinking without telling your parents?
dont you know what drinking can do to you one day you can get overly drunk that you wont know what the hell or where the hell your going. and thats truley wrong!
secondly how is it fun to get drunk with your friends when your getting your body messed up?

Alcohol is a poison.
Also, people drink to get drunk.
Thats the whole reason alcohol exists.
They wouldn't make something that is 100 proof just for the taste.
Also, you're not going to "destroy you're liver" by drinking every now and again.
However, if you dig yourself into a hole and start drinking 24 hours a day everyday, thats a different story.
Drunk-
Joining The Black Parade
Drunk-
August 17th, 2007 at 06:05pm
What do you think about underage drinking?
It depends how bad you drink and what you drink.

What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so?
Drinking to forget is very common, If you have shit going on in your life you start to crave alcohol because you think it'll make it all go away for a while, and that is beautiful. But also some people drink because they like the way it feels, or what it does to them.

What do you think the goverment should do to reduce the amount of people drinking alchol?
They cannot do anything, except ban it completely but that will never happen. It has gone too far for them to just up the age limit or whatever.

How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get hold of the alchol?
Adults who are able to buy and parents. I think it is mostly through other people buying it for them.