Don't have an account? Create one!

Underage drinking

AuthorMessage
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 17th, 2007 at 11:01pm
i used to that underage drinking was okay until my uncle died because of it. and he told me that he used drink even when he was 12.
i find it very very hard to believe that if your younger then 21 and drink you can drink if you have limits.
limits on drinking dont do anything if your underage. there is nothing good and there will never be anything good about underage drinking because it messes you up even if you feel or think its not. guess what it is!
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
August 19th, 2007 at 04:13am
xMyBlackDaliahx:
i used to that underage drinking was okay until my uncle died because of it. and he told me that he used drink even when he was 12.
i find it very very hard to believe that if your younger then 21 and drink you can drink if you have limits.
limits on drinking dont do anything if your underage. there is nothing good and there will never be anything good about underage drinking because it messes you up even if you feel or think its not. guess what it is!

And it doesn't at 21 or over?

Guess what it does!

And you're no more responsible at 21 then you are at 13.
Thats what alcohol does to you. It takes away people's common sense which they don't seem to have anymore anyway.
bob bryar is my hero
Killjoy
bob bryar is my hero
October 13th, 2007 at 12:40am
S713:
xMyBlackDaliahx:

And it doesn't at 21 or over?

Guess what it does!

And you're no more responsible at 21 then you are at 13.
Thats what alcohol does to you. It takes away people's common sense which they don't seem to have anymore anyway.
Yes it does take away common sense and no nobody really does have any anymore but underage drinking its either fine or not if you are really religous then you might have asmall drink every once in awhile for t he holidays but other than that no it is not okay because sometimes it really screws up peoples lives.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 13th, 2007 at 01:55am
xMyBlackDaliahx:

Let me just say that America is one the few places left in the world with a drinking age of 21. A lot of other places, the drinking age is 18 and over.

Secondly, just because you suddenly turn "of age" it doesn't mean you are going to immediately become responsible for your actions when it comes to drinking.

Now, don't get me wrong - I am against underage drinking to an extent, but you shouldn't assume that people are just going to become sensible once they turn 18 / 21. I know plenty of people well over 30 that still like getting drunk and acting like an idiot.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
October 13th, 2007 at 08:54pm
Let me just say that America is one the few places left in the world with a drinking age of 21. A lot of other places, the drinking age is 18 and over.

Secondly, just because you suddenly turn "of age" it doesn't mean you are going to immediately become responsible for your actions when it comes to drinking.

Now, don't get me wrong - I am against underage drinking to an extent, but you shouldn't assume that people are just going to become sensible once they turn 18 / 21. I know plenty of people well over 30 that still like getting drunk and acting like an idiot.

I agree with everything you said. I think underage people drinking alcohol is completely wrong. But some people, not matter if they are 21 or 40, can still be immature and senseless enough to drink and drive. Age doesn't always matter.
Cola Whore
Killjoy
Cola Whore
October 16th, 2007 at 10:57pm
I live in country where underage drinking is a BIG problem!!! No kids aged 9 drink every friday night where i live nd they are all considered "cool" by de older ppl!!!
so i think dat underage drinkning is totally wrong!!!
what has the world come to???....teenagers/kids drinkin???
i have friends that drink so when i ask them why...they say it cos of stress!!!....
where does this stress come from???...ans= older society presssuring them to be perfect....bt since they cant they turn to drink!!!!
do i make any sense at all???????????? Neutral
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 17th, 2007 at 12:17am
i think that undeage drinking is bad beacuase its said that kids who start drinking at an early age are more likely to have alcohol problems later down the road. and when you go down that road its hard to turn back.

i can understand trying it, but drinking it on a regular basis is very bad. i mean, i tried it once, and it was one sip, and i dont plan on drinking again for a while. its not a big deal to wait.
arly kamikaze.
Killjoy
arly kamikaze.
October 17th, 2007 at 06:25am
Its no good.
Its not worth it!
the only thing you get out of it is well, just another problem...

just a small drink can change every thing..
and the change isn't a great one..

think before you do this and don't let it take over your mind!

this is one of the many reasons i love mcr, how they're one of the only band that will rock your house without any drugs involved..lol

Smile

ily<33
Stare-x
Bleeding on the Floor
Stare-x
October 17th, 2007 at 08:32am
i think teenage drinking is getting worse
the kids are getting younger
there was an article in the paper last week about a 13year old boy who was found passed out in the gutter
he couldn't speak to tell the paramedics what was wrong
apparently hed been drinking burbon with some friends
the article also said it wasn't uncommon to be treating 8 & 9 year olds for intoxication
8and9 year olds!
i mean thats just way too young

i can accept that there are teens who drink, but at least they have somewhat and understanding of what their doing

what do you think the reason for people drinking this young is?
someone please help me i dont understand
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 17th, 2007 at 09:38am
Teens going out and getting completely bladdered isn't good.
But I don't have a problem with moderate drinking with teens because I do it myself and I'm fine.

Although I can see the effect on some on some of my friends now, but they're the one who go out on all nighters every week.
No one should be doing that, let alone teens.
Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
October 18th, 2007 at 07:30pm
there really isnt a big deal with it as long as your not drinking and driving. i always drink! i dont see a problem with it! idk why there would be!
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 18th, 2007 at 07:32pm
^^ Because it damages your health.
Changes how you act.
Makes you more vunerable.
etc.

That's why there's a problem with drinking.
xGerardifiedx
Killjoy
xGerardifiedx
October 21st, 2007 at 09:25am
i drink occasionally. im just curious to see how it feels to get drunk. ive only gotten buzzed though. though i enjoy a bit of alchohol once in a while, i probably will just get drunk alone later in life if i was really bored or lonely. of course i would hide all dangerous objects beforehand to reduce harm to myself.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 21st, 2007 at 11:57am
I think most teens get curious about alcohol in their teens.
I can't decide whether it's better to get that curiousity out of you, or to sit it out.
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
October 21st, 2007 at 01:43pm
i'm 13 and i do have mates that drink
i dont, i jsut really dont see the point in it, i have drank like once or twice at parties but except for that.
I really cant say i enjoy it when i do drink, i dont like the taste.
I think people drink underage for many reasons:
1)Alchohol is seen as a socially acceptable drug, people have probably seen there relatives drinking from a young age and have so thought it acceptable to drink without realising that even tho it is a legal drug it can still be very dangerous.
2)Peer pressure, it makes them look 'cool' to show that they can drink with their mates.
3)Availabilty, alchohol is readily available and easy for kids to get hold of..

Among other reasons

x
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 21st, 2007 at 02:12pm
dark.sian:
i dont like the taste.

People still drink even if they dislike the taste.

Lot of my friends hate cider, but when it's only £1.20 for two litres of the stuff, they will drink it, just to get pissed.
never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
October 21st, 2007 at 08:32pm
I hate it... there's no other way to say it I hate it and I wish there was no alcohol in the world... it's one of the many things thats tearing apart american society...
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 21st, 2007 at 10:08pm
Mending The Unbroken:
I wish there was no alcohol in the world...

There always will be though.
howrie
Killjoy
howrie
December 3rd, 2007 at 09:48am
i drink alcohol and sometimes go pretty overboard....i have been tryin to stop but its pretty hard.....but sometimes it can be an escape from all my problems
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
December 4th, 2007 at 05:35pm
well i think that the reason so many teens do it is because they want to be cooler than everyone else, or maybe they just want to be able to say "yeah i got so drunk the other night!" with out it being a lie. personally, i dont like underage drinking because it can lead to several alcohol problems later, like becoming addicted and what-not. and i read a study that states that teens who drink early are more likely to become alcoholics and eventually become addicted to drugs.

and granted, i've tried alcohol, but i dont go out and get drunk or anything like that, infact i've only had alcohol a few times and havent had any in months, and before that, couldnt tell you.