Don't have an account? Create one!

Underage drinking

AuthorMessage
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
December 13th, 2007 at 03:31pm
^very true. my view on it, is although it is your life/body/choice, it can have serious impacts on other ppl and there' a reason for a drinking limit, and age
poopiepeople
Fabulous Killjoy
poopiepeople
December 13th, 2007 at 06:50pm
Stupid. No more to it, just plain stupid.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
December 13th, 2007 at 07:11pm
rachi_left4deadx_x:
Drinking away your problems is a temporary solution, but when you sober up things are usually 10 time worse. And also if you become obsessed, you can become depressed, suicidal etc.
actually your wrong there
when your sober its better. There are many people i know
who went sober and have said that it benifeted them strongly
because if you think about it when your sober drinking is one less
problem to deal with and have to fight over.
Once your sober your free and you have to find other ways to deal
with stress. Other BETTER ways to deal with problems.
cause as fun as drinking may be the after effects are far worse my friend
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
December 13th, 2007 at 11:50pm
well i mean thats drinking in general (which is an issue), but underage drinking just sucks. because alot of people who are alcoholics now, were heavy drinkers at a younger age, and studies prove that drinking now (if you're underage) makes you more likely to have drinking problems later. so just wait, its not so bad.
Sonnet 130
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sonnet 130
December 14th, 2007 at 02:33am
Ghostgirl191:
I.Will.Love.You:
love is dead:
Personally its up to you, your money, your life, your body.

Clap

but what happens when you affect other people? you could go out partying on night and end up killing someone Else's kid in an accident because you just had to have one more drink, but then one more turned into a few more, and you were to drunk to designate a driver.
i know that underage drinking doesn't always lead to stuff like that, but it DOES happen and it CAN happen to ANYBODY. so i really don't think its worth it

things like that happen everyday. people die then someone else is born, its life. you could say that its fate really, you know like you were suppose to die.
Sonnet 130
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sonnet 130
December 14th, 2007 at 02:37am
Ghostgirl191:
well i mean thats drinking in general (which is an issue), but underage drinking just sucks. because alot of people who are alcoholics now, were heavy drinkers at a younger age, and studies prove that drinking now (if you're underage) makes you more likely to have drinking problems later. so just wait, its not so bad.

so are you saying that been an alcoholic is bad? if they can admit they have a problem and get help with it, then they can lead normal life.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
December 14th, 2007 at 03:42am
love is dead:

things like that happen everyday. people die then someone else is born, its life. you could say that its fate really, you know like you were suppose to die.

Yes, but what if you get killed in a car crash because the driver was intoxicated?
That's not fate. Thats just plain irresponsible.
Until the alcoholic admits they have a problem, nobody can help them I think.

love is dead:

so are you saying that been an alcoholic is bad? if they can admit they have a problem and get help with it, then they can lead normal life.

Yes, being an alcoholic is bad in my opinion.

The person is drinking their problems away. They start to effect other people around them such as family and friends. They can't remember a lot of what they have done. They pay a lot of money to get alcohol.

The line between right and wrong starts to become blurred.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
December 15th, 2007 at 09:18am
love is dead:

wow no offense but that statement is really wrong
people dont HAVE to die everyday. but most of them do thats fate.
we do have to die but in our right time.

Do you hear what your saying? your making it as if dieing isnt bad
Drinking can kill a person when its not the persons time to die yet
i'll give an example:
An older woman was the mother of two children and a wife to
her loving husband. She was walking home from her friends house,
just as she was about to walk a drunken man had hit her and put
her to her death bed. This mother of two and a loving husband was
no more. Her family had to see her suffer for another mans
mistake her age dosent matter cause she was like you and me.
Only that family of four had became a family of three.

Understand why drinking is a bad thing? cause it kills
innocent people that have loved ones. What would you do
if you lost a loved one to a drunken man who wasnt thinking?

love is dead:

yeah i have to agree with the person above it is a bad thing.
it will always be a bad thing.
because it kills people who are innocent it get YOU sick and unhealthy
and if your having problems you shouldnt be stupid enough to
drink. There are OTHER BETTER was to solve your problems
and release your stress. So thats not an excuse for drinking.
there are MILLIONS of BETTER ways to get help.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
December 15th, 2007 at 10:39am
love is dead:
Ghostgirl191:

yes i am saying that its bad, because it damages your body and your mind, drinking to much CAN kill you. so yes its better when they admit they have a problem, but they should also try to fix it because admitting it isnt the hardest part, doing something about it is
Burning Friend
Banned
Burning Friend
December 16th, 2007 at 02:39am
What do you think about underage drinking?

Personally, I don't see the big deal. I can't say it's a good thing, but I were against it I'd be a hypocrite. Underage drinking does greatly increase the chances of becoming an alcoholic later in life, but so does pretty much every other thing statistics are made for. Plus, you can become an alcoholic as an adult, and never have had a drop of alcohol during your adolescence.

What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so?

I think a lot do it for the dumbest reason to do anything, to be cool. Trust me, if someone ask you do something and you say no, if they are your friend, they'll have no problem with it. Besides, if someone ask you to dive headfirst off your roof, would you do it? If all the idiots who drink to be cool did, there would be less of a stupidity problem in the world today. A lot do it to forget about their problems. This is just a shortcut to alcoholism. It can lead to depression, health problems, and stress that will just add to problems already there. Some drink because, well, they and their are bored, and they just wanna get blasted! I truly don't see a problem with that. True, it's harmful to your body, but so is junk food, television, ect. ect. And if you are drinking just for fun, then there is less of a risk of getting addicted. It's not the best hobby, but it could be worse.

What do you think the goverment should do to reduce the amount of people drinking alchol?

I don't think they should. And besides, when they passed the prohibition law in the 1920s, drinking levels actually went up.

How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get hold of the alchol?

Because so many parents, siblings ect. drink, and obviously don't hide their booze well enough! Plus, a lot of people may want to make a quick buck so they'll buy a teenager alcohol for a small fee.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
December 16th, 2007 at 04:23am
I think it's very hard to actually lower underage drinking. There is always a way to get hold of it.
In england, you are aloud to drink at home from the age of 6. Supposedly your parents will make sure it's only a sip, or a mouthful or something untill you are older. I think that, as long as parents teach their children about alcohol at the same time, it might make these children less likely to become alcoholics. Because, even though I live in England, my mum always says no when I ask for something alcoholic. Which, makes me think, that if I was offered, I'd be more likely to go overboard.
Mike Dirnt
Salute You in Your Grave
Mike Dirnt
December 16th, 2007 at 06:42am
My friends drink because they think it's fun.
They like getting a little tipsy and sometimes they do show off about it.
I don't drink much and if I do it's never much.
But I don't see the reason for drinking, it just fucks you up.

A lot of teenagers have access to alcohol, whether it means raiding their house or asking an older friend to buy some for them.

Sure, they can raise the drinking age but kids are still going to drink.
xto-the-endx
Killjoy
xto-the-endx
December 24th, 2007 at 12:33pm
there is noting wrong with it... end of.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 24th, 2007 at 05:55pm
What do you think about underage drinking?Its Wrong and unhealthy
What do you think is the cause for so many teens to do so?Depression, "Fitting in with the crowd", To look cool
What do you think the goverment should do to reduce the amount of people drinking alchol?Well they have the policy in where you have to be 18 years of age to purchase alcohol, so what more can they do? Ban alcohol from the Country?
How do you think so many people have suddenly been able to pay, or get hold of the alchol?Smuggling, Teens doing a job for an adult and the adult most likely awards them with alcohol
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
December 24th, 2007 at 08:40pm
^ no you have to be 21, dont you? to buy it. yeah i think you do
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 24th, 2007 at 11:29pm
Ghostgirl191:
^ no you have to be 21, dont you? to buy it. yeah i think you do

Really? They raised it?
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
December 25th, 2007 at 05:41pm
in moderation
i beleive it to be okay

and like as long as the parents are there to supervise
and its all responsible
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
December 25th, 2007 at 07:17pm
dark.sian:
in moderation
i beleive it to be okay

and its all responsible

Will you elaborate on that please
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
December 26th, 2007 at 01:05pm
PaperDoll:
dark.sian:
in moderation
i beleive it to be okay

and its all responsible

Will you elaborate on that please

well i think underage drinking can be okay,
say if its like new years eve and you have realtives round to your house for a quiet party, its should be okay for like people my age to have one of two drink then while the family or a responsible adult is there to supervise and make sure they stop before they end up drunk or anything.
But i think underage drinking is wring like when you see a group of teens sat out on the street getting pissed out of their heads and puttong themselves and other people at risk

And also i think that even if young people are going to drink, even with family and that like i said above, it shouldnt be very often,
the drinking age limit is partly there becuase alchohol can damage a growing persons body

and btw, sorry if i was too vague before
Smile
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
December 26th, 2007 at 06:09pm

I believe that underage drinking is fine as long as you take full responsibility of your actions when you are sober. If you go out, get drunk, have sex and regret it all, you have to come to terms with the fact that, undoubtably, it is your fault. Someone taking advantage of you in that state is, obviously, appalling but, you got yourself into that state in the first place so the majority of the blame lies on you.

Drinking in your own home, I have no problems with. It's legal and, most of the time, the safest place to consume alcohol. Outside of the house, drinking makes you incredibly vunerable so, if people do decide to drink at parties etc. it is often a good idea to have one or two sober friends with you since, that way, if anything happens you have people to help you.

The major problems with drinking are teen pregnancy/sexually transmitted diseases and infections and stealing. Stealing alcohol is probably the most common way to get it since, now, a lot of supermarkets have 'self service paying' where it is very easy to fake a payment. Other than stealing alcohol, many ask others to buy it for them on the streets. With the average amount of pocket money increasing, teenagers have more money to spend on things such as alcohol if they so wish.