Don't have an account? Create one!

Underage drinking

AuthorMessage
ClaireBear016
Killjoy
ClaireBear016
April 22nd, 2009 at 10:15am
John St. John:
But i dont think its a bad thing, why not let us have are fun? as long as we dont drink to much and damage are selves i think its fine...

Can you guarantee you won't hurt yourself when your drunk?

I dont get so drunk that im throwing up all over the place, so if something happens i can snap out of it... and we always drink in a group and at least one of us stays sober... we are not idiots
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
April 22nd, 2009 at 10:34am
I personally think it's a bad thing, the age limit is there because of the human body maturation aspect, not the oh you're too young you cant handle it.

Alcohol essentially is a poison, why would we want to put this in us when we're still developing? I'm guilty for the occasional drink every few months but there are kids like 14/15 getting drunk on weekends, its really not good :/
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
April 22nd, 2009 at 11:52am
dear diary.:
I personally think it's a bad thing, the age limit is there because of the human body maturation aspect, not the oh you're too young you cant handle it.

I think it's there for both of those reasons, because, after all, people under the limit often are not mature enough in the mental sense to handle alcohol.
MikeyWayOwnsYou
Killjoy
MikeyWayOwnsYou
April 23rd, 2009 at 11:45am
I used to sneak out every night and get drunk. It was a bad habit. I was addicted to drinking. I've recently stopped* for my girlfriend.

*Trying to anyway.
BOINGage-MCRmy
Banned
BOINGage-MCRmy
April 24th, 2009 at 07:13am
i am one of the few people in my 'gang' that dont drink.

my freidn went to the Gary Newman gig in Brimingham yesterday
he had school today and woke up with a hangover.

he said he had had
15 WKDs
and 10 whiskey shots.

and hes 14.

i think that underage drinkin is okay if
a) your with a parent or have a parents/guardians permission
b)you know your limits/dont take the piss when it comes to drinking.

if you do drink alcohol under age and dont tell your parents
be wise and dont stumble in your house drunk as fuck 'cause they are going to have a go at you.

unless their the kind that dont give a shit.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 24th, 2009 at 12:23pm
BOINGage-MCRmy:
he said he had had
15 WKDs
and 10 whiskey shots.

and hes 14.
Ha, he's probably lying. I'm surprised he lived to tell the tale, at his age.

That's a very dangerous level of alcohol consumption for anyone, but especially a young teenager.
fawkes
Bleeding on the Floor
fawkes
April 26th, 2009 at 01:48pm
I don't think that underage drinking is bad if it's done responsibly. But many teens don't know how do drink responsibly, which makes it a problem. I know that in France, parents teach their kids how to drink responsibly, and that's good. My friend drinks wine because her parents let her, and they make sure she doesn't have too much. She's 17 and the drinking age here is 21.

I think underage drinking is bad when kids go out and get themselves drunk just because they think it's cool or they don't know their limits.

I also know that some of my friends got a little tipsy once because they didn't know they were drinking alcohol, but that was because of a 6th grader who had a little too much access to his parent's alcoholic beverages. I think that parents really should be more responsible with their alcohol because if it's easy for a kid/teen to steal, then it's more likely that they'll get into trouble with it.
ClaireBear016
Killjoy
ClaireBear016
April 26th, 2009 at 05:49pm
Teens aren't stupid... most teens just drink to get drunk in the first place
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
May 5th, 2009 at 03:38pm
If someone wants to do that, they'll do that, but they should be aware that they're putting themselves at risk for bad results. Peole know damn well what they're doing. T decrease the alcohol abuse in the USA the government should lower the drinking age to the mid teens so that it won't be such a badass taboo thing to drink anymore. Hey, in Italy they let kids drink and that's the kind of country that has less teen alcohol abuse statistics than the US!

I guess some kids drink to feel better about life, some to "have fun", and others just to be what they think is "badass" for drinking.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
May 5th, 2009 at 04:16pm
^ I think lowering the drinking age would only cause more teens to drink, defeating the purpose. Sure it might eliminate crime (as in only underage drinking, not anything caused by it) but only because it's not a crime anymore.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
May 5th, 2009 at 05:38pm
You know what? My friends and I have been drinking since we were about 14 and yeah we did some pretty stupid stuff but now we're getting into club and bar situations, we all know our limits and what kind of alcohol we do and don't agree with and can go out knowing when we should stop. Personally, I'm glad I've got it all out the way rather than go to uni never having touched a drink and going to live on my own with unlimited access to booze, miles away from anyone I know.

I do think lowering the drinking age would encourage it further though and pretty much condone it. But to be honest, booze isn't exactly hard to get hold of, whether it's from home, some one's older brother, a friend or whatever. If kids want to drink, they probably will. But then again, I'm from the UK which is like, booze culture central.
ClaireBear016
Killjoy
ClaireBear016
May 8th, 2009 at 01:09am
Darkromance:
T decrease the alcohol abuse in the USA the government should lower the drinking age to the mid teens so that it won't be such a badass taboo thing to drink anymore.

Yeah i agree... as it wouldnt be the "cool" thing to do anymore... and kids couldnt use it to rebel as there would be no point as it would be legal.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
May 8th, 2009 at 01:00pm
^ There are other reasons to drink than to rebel. Otherwise I don't think many people overage would drink.
ClaireBear016
Killjoy
ClaireBear016
May 19th, 2009 at 08:13pm
questionable content:
^ There are other reasons to drink than to rebel. Otherwise I don't think many people overage would drink.

Yeah of course, but to teens that quite a part of the reason lol
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
May 20th, 2009 at 05:27am
I used to have a slight drinking problem when I was thirteen, I regretit now, but at the same time I got the rebelling stage over and done with then. Cause if it had happened now, then I could be wrecking my life, as the last two senior years of school are important
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 20th, 2009 at 10:12am
The reason that alcohol consumption is illegal for minors is because it stunts their growth. That's it. Drinking responsibly or irresponsibly can be done at any age.
teen spirit.
Crash Queen
teen spirit.
May 28th, 2009 at 05:16am
laws against underage drinking are there for a reason.

not only are teens less mature, which means that they could get themselves into bad situations and would be less likely to learn their limits.
and even if a teenager was careful it's still affecting them negatively. it kills brain cells and stunts growth at a very important time.

xxtoryxx
Killjoy
xxtoryxx
May 30th, 2009 at 12:25pm
I think that under aged drinking is stupid but I dont no how underaged people even get alcohol. maybe form older siblings?
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
May 30th, 2009 at 02:28pm
I don't think its bad. My parfents let me drink shandy (well, thats not bad, but still) and lemon beer, but not too much.

If they drink to much, then no. if they are sensible about it, and only occasionaly, its fine.
xxizzyrossxx
Killjoy
xxizzyrossxx
May 31st, 2009 at 05:33am
i really think its ok!somtimes i do it