Don't have an account? Create one!

News Stories

AuthorMessage
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 1st, 2008 at 02:22am
...That was the very next line in the story?! That the friend did go and cover up.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 1st, 2008 at 05:39am
Haha, I love it when people don't read.

In other news...

My Chemical Romance fans protest in London.

My favourite bit comes here; "In a attack similar to the moral panic which blamed the Columbine massacres on Marilyn Manson, the Daily Mail has been drawing links between the band, known for hits such as 'Kill Your Friends' and 'Famous Last Words', and a spate of recent suicides by teenagers".

Not only did they site a b-side as a hit, they couldn't even get the name of the song right.

Epic fail.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 1st, 2008 at 05:43am
Hahaha wow.
And I haven't even heard of that song.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 1st, 2008 at 05:47am
LOL. That says a lot. It was a b-side on some versions of the Famous Last Words single.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 1st, 2008 at 08:13am
Hahaha okay. Zomg, what a bad fan I must be, not to know one of their greatest hits xD
I don't know most of the b-sides anyway.
Though I do love Heaven Help Us.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 1st, 2008 at 07:42pm
LOL, good call. Also, agreed, that is an awesome song.

But I think that right there just highlights the stupidity of the article. I mean, if a fan doesn't even know that song, how is the general public supposed to know the band due to it?

It's like they just went "Ooh, this song title mentions death, it promotes the suicide cult imagine, let's go with that."
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 2nd, 2008 at 03:05am
Hahaha I reckon. Like they found a list of songs by MCR, and just looked through looking for the worst-looking titles. *sigh*
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
June 2nd, 2008 at 06:02am
sez:
...That was the very next line in the story?! That the friend did go and cover up.
IN THE FIRST PLACE.

i did read it thankyou very much.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 2nd, 2008 at 06:10am
Okay. So she was wearing a woollen v-neck jumper. She thought she was covered up to their standards. As you can imagine, being a Melbournian then going to the sweltering heat of Egypt, she was dying in it, but wore it because of their customs. She soon found out that this wasn't enough [because oh my God a bit of her neck was showing, how outrageous of her!] due to the reactions of people there, and imediately rectified the situation.

So please tell me how in all that she was disrespecting their cutoms. Hm?
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 2nd, 2008 at 06:48am
^^ And perhaps specify what you mean, before you jump down my throat for pointing out the obvious.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 4th, 2008 at 08:36am
I found this interesting:

'Imagine' To Stay In Intelligent Design Film.

It's entirely coincidental given that I just spent the last few weeks researching for, and the last 2 days writing a final essay on, why Intelligent Design is not a testable scientific theory and why it does not belong in schools. I also spent much of yesterday raving about how much I love Mindless Self Indulgence's song Mark Chaplain (as in the guy who killed John Lennon) to anyone who would listen. Freaky coincidence.

So I'm probably the only one who finds that article so endlessly interesting for that reason alone lol.

I think I hate the movie already. Mainly cause of how it's bound to sway the uninformed masses.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 26th, 2008 at 08:05pm
Gold Coast teen arrested for blasphemous band shirt

LOL. That's as funny as it is pathetic.

People are so over sensitive.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
June 27th, 2008 at 06:32am
Yeah I heard about that the other day. I think that perhaps arresting him was a bit of an overreaction, but I don't think that that sort of clothing is appropriate. Sure, he's just expressing his <3 of Crade of Filth (assuming it's the same kid I'm thinking of - how many Gold Coast kids have been arrested in the last couple of days? =P) but I don't think that anyone should have to see that kind of language on a shirt, nor images like that. And sure, as I'm Christian it offends me that Jesus' name was used, and that it was a nun, but I don't want to see that sort of image anyway, and I'm pretty sure that parents wouldn't want their children to see it. I know that the shirt's meant to cause a statement, but I don't think that it's necessary to wear that sort of thing.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
June 27th, 2008 at 07:04am
Yeah, I'm not a Christian, I'm an Atheist so it doesn't bother me that it was Jesus and a nun, but regardless I wouldn't want to look at a picture of ANYONE masturbating. It's a pretty damn gross image.

But there's the thing. I wouldn't want to see it, so I'd simply not look. I can't believe that a - it was reported to the police and b - he has to do community service for it.

If he, or his girlfriend, had been wearing it at some religious gathering, fair enough, I could see how that's 'disturbing the peace'. But walking down the street? I'm sure if someone wore a shirt reading "Atheist's are cunts" it would be fine.

Kudos to the guy for taking the fall for his girlfriend, though.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 27th, 2008 at 07:14am

The thing is though, I'm 90% sure that a person would only wear that in public in order to basically get under peoples skin.
I mean, even if it wasn't religious in any way, I'm sure that a hell of a lot of people would find that really offensive.
I think it was poor taste on their part (the people wearing it). If you want to wear that kind of thing at your own house, or to a friends party or whatever, fine, but it's a different thing when you go out in public. Obviously with a shirt of that nature, people are inevitable going to find it offensive/rude/blasphemous etc. , and I can't imagine that there is anybody out there who wouldn't acknowledge that, therefore isn't wearing it out in public just asking for trouble?

I think actually getting community service for it is a bit rough though, surely just a warning not to wear it in public again would have been enough.
Although I guess they were probably trying to make a point.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
July 2nd, 2008 at 06:30am
Rh!annon:
Haha, I love it when people don't read.

In other news...

My Chemical Romance fans protest in London.

My favourite bit comes here; "In a attack similar to the moral panic which blamed the Columbine massacres on Marilyn Manson, the Daily Mail has been drawing links between the band, known for hits such as 'Kill Your Friends' and 'Famous Last Words', and a spate of recent suicides by teenagers".

Not only did they site a b-side as a hit, they couldn't even get the name of the song right.

Epic fail.

ahahah that's hilarious Laughing
Meagan.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Meagan.
September 3rd, 2008 at 08:39am
Mid North Coast shooting

This happened in my town of Laurieton..
From what people have been telling me 2 boys where playing with the gun and it was an accident, I can't get past the fact this happened and they could access the gun.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
September 3rd, 2008 at 10:00am
That's scary =/

But uh...
"I heard a loud bang and some yelling.

"I didn't pay much attention. I thought it was a domestic dispute."

...?! Why does that make it okay to not think twice about it!?
Meagan.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Meagan.
September 3rd, 2008 at 10:08am
I know me and a couple of my friends just don't understand how this happened...
You would think to check if everything is fine after hearing a loud bang and yelling. Or maybe if you think it is some sort of domestic dispute call the Police. I don't know..
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
September 3rd, 2008 at 06:49pm
I was actually thinking about this during my walk home from the station the other night. Cause it's a very dark walk and I've had a few incidents before. One was with a group of guys threatening me to keep a long story very short, but I out ran them. Another was when I was walking home and a 4 wheel drive pulled onto the footpath and out jumped a guy with a knife.

I got to thinking the other night, if something happened to me, if I was grabbed and screamed for help, I don't think anyone would help. It's a sad and sorry state that our country is getting to.

At this rate, soon people will be shot on the streets and bystanders will simply walk over them.