Don't have an account? Create one!

News Stories

AuthorMessage
Lovers Anonymous
Salute You in Your Grave
Lovers Anonymous
September 23rd, 2007 at 10:06am
miss sin.:
Well I changed the topic to 'News Stories', because it's just easier that way.
What about the little girl "Pumpkin" who got dumped?
And the mother's body was in the boot of the car...
The NZ police didn't even check the car!

i can't believe that someone would have the heart to kill their wife then dump their child at a (was it a train station or airport? i dont remember.)
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
September 23rd, 2007 at 11:43am
well, in some ways, him dumping pumpkin was a good thing to do coz hede be on the run, and he put her somehwere where he knew she was going to get taken care of....know what im sayin
misa misa.
Shotgun Sinner
misa misa.
October 15th, 2007 at 06:46am
did anyone see the story about John Howard new referrendum proposals on aborignials. Shocked
what is the point of adding a sorry amendment to the preamble to the constitution? it does not do anything. i tend to agree that this is just a election stunt. if he was actually concerned maybe do something more substantial than this. i
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
October 15th, 2007 at 09:41am

I don't think it's necessary at all.
Call me a bitch, but it's in the past. I'm not saying sorry (or wanting anybody to say sorry on my behalf) for something I had absolutely nothing to do with.
Hell, I'm pretty sure none of my family had anything to do with it either, so why on earth would I want to say sorry?
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
October 15th, 2007 at 12:00pm
But the people that did commit the 'crimes' are the ancestors of many Australians.
I can't say they might've been mine, because I'm Italian heritage, but as an Australian citizen, I would apologise on their behalf.

In the case of saying sorry to the Aboriginal people, it's not about which person did what.
It's about (and I use this term fasciously) that "Australianism" and being unified in apologising.
It would be 'unaustralian' to do anything else.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
October 15th, 2007 at 05:37pm
I kind of stand on the middle ground. John Howard should say sorry on behalf of the authorities/government. It's irrelevant to many Australians if they make everyone say sorry.

no you're not a bitch asha. I don't like to connect things like this through ancestry or heritage. It's not going to be a genuine sorry if Australians are made to apologise for something so impersonal- i mean, apologies are supposed to be said only if something has happened on a personal level. It's like owning up for something you didn't do- why would apologise...unless your life is in jeopardy if you don't say it.

i don't know if that makes sense.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
October 16th, 2007 at 01:11am
I think they deserve a sorry, but this is a ridiculous move. Howard knows he's going to lose the election, that's why he waited for so long to announce the election; he's been waiting for the opposition to screw up. And they nearly did. This just screams "I'm trying to buy your votes." J-Ho doesn't give a shit about the Aboriginals. He's proved it time and time again.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
October 16th, 2007 at 05:18am

I don't think they need to say sorry at all.
They (the government) have acknowledged that it was wrong, and I think that's all that needs to be done.

I agree with acknowledging it is wrong, because it was,
but I honestly don't think saying sorry would mean anything really, considering nobody from our generation was responsible for us, and a lot of us were not involved in any way at all (by that I mean, we don't even have any connection through relatives or whatever).
I don't think it would do anything to 'heal their wounds' or whatever they say it'll do, because it was what, 60 years ago?
An empty apology from a different generation won't change what has happened. We've all acknowledged it was wrong, that's all I think we should do.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
October 16th, 2007 at 09:09am
asha molly.:

because it was what, 60 years ago?

it only became illegal to refuse service to an aboriginal in 1991.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
October 16th, 2007 at 09:10am
The thing is, people don't acknowledge that it was wrong.
If people did, then the 'sorry' issue wouldn't be existent.
That's half the problem. Australians say, "I didn't do anything wrong."
Right, fair enough. You personally didn't do anything wrong, I understand that.
But there are just some tossers out there that refuse to think it was wrong.
Yet, their arguments are as weak as... my sixth-month-old cousin. XD
If you can acknowledge that yes, something happened concerning Anglo-Saxon Australians, and they were in the wrong, I'm in the mind that that is good enough as a sincere apology.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
October 16th, 2007 at 09:17am

Rainbow Stylin;
and being in a homosexual sexual relationship was illegal in Tasmania until 1997, so what, are we going to go around saying sorry to everybody who is gay?

Jules;
I do agree with what you're saying,
but the thing is, the government has acknowledged that it is wrong.
You're never going to get the entire population of Australia that descends from the British settlers to be in agreeance over whether it was wrong or not, but I believe that the government acknowledging that the whole Stolen Generation thing was wrong, is right.

I know there are some morons who are going to be all 'no wayyy, stealing the children was the best thing to do' or whatever, but it's the same with everything.
There are always going to be idiots, and that basically means that an apology would be pointless and/or worthless.

I think the best thing that can be done is for people to acknowledge that it was wrong.
I think that's the best we can really hope for too.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
October 16th, 2007 at 01:51pm
if the gov has acknowedged their wrong then I plainly think it's good enough. The rest of the healing comes from attitude change on the part of individual australians which will change society. I may be blunt, but I think it's too demanding of Aboriginals for the whole nation to say sorry to them. The past is past- the people in the wrong are dead (I think) & you can't put the blame on the new generation. A government apology is the best that could've been done. I believe more in action on the part of each individual's convictions than symbolic apologies.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
October 16th, 2007 at 03:18pm
Back on the subject of the referrendum, I don't believe that it actually had anything to do with the sorry issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I heard was that they were simply going to aknowledge that the Aboriginals were the original inhabitants of Australia?
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
October 20th, 2007 at 11:40am

Has anybody else heard about the little boy they found in a suitcase in a lake?
I find that whole story so sad.

If you haven't heard about it, this will basically tell you what happened.
I just heard on a news update on TV that they've arrested the woman.

I honestly don't understand how people can do things like that =[
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
October 20th, 2007 at 12:27pm
that's HORRIFIC.
& the body was decomposed.
I think the kids who discovered the suitcase would be scarred for life. I would if i was them...you'd expect to see a nightmare at every corner you turn.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
October 20th, 2007 at 12:52pm
Yeah, I heard about that.
There was also apparently a newborn baby found in a bin (that was possibly in Adelaide, though I'm not sure.)
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
October 20th, 2007 at 01:45pm
Australia is one of the last places for things like this to happen. In comparison to countries like China or Brazil or Mexico, Australians really have no excuse to dump their children. It's not like the government won't help. People dumping babies in China mostly do it because situations force them & social welfare isn't sufficient.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
October 21st, 2007 at 07:39am

So now the little boy's mother has been charged with his murder.
And apparently DoCS had been notified that there was something wrong, like with his home situation.

I find it so sad, that DoCS knew there was some issue there, and yet this still happened.
Where were they to protect this little boy?
Clearly, he was let down by the authorities that are supposedly there to stop this sort of thing happening.

And as for the mother, I honestly don't know how she could do something like that.
Obviously there has to be some underlying issues with her, but seriously, if you can't deal with a child for whatever reason, there are SO many things that can be done, rather than murder them.
I mean, he could have been put up for adoption, put into foster care, or even just gone with a friend or relative.
There's no excuse for murdering a toddler. None at all.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
November 3rd, 2007 at 11:50am
Axe killer evades manhunt

Escaped axe killer John Frederick Ericson had last night managed to evade a police cordon and was still on the run after slipping away from a Wellington Prison working party.

Ericson escaped yesterday morning, sparking a manhunt. Police called in Army helicopters and used tracker dogs. The armed offenders squad was deployed as well.

The 45-year-old, who is 1.8m tall, was last seen wearing prison-issue grey trackpants with the letters WRP stencilled on the side, a grey sweatshirt top and black workboots.

What do you think of this? Sloppy police work? And hes still out there.... o.o
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 3rd, 2007 at 04:21pm
^ somehow rings a bell that reminds me of London's Jack the Ripper. Bloodcurdling murders.