Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR and Muse forced to cancel shows on current tour.

AuthorMessage
r e v e n g e
Shotgun Sinner
r e v e n g e
May 2nd, 2007 at 03:48am
e-mail i just received:

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE AND MUSE FORCED TO CANCEL SHOWS ON CURRENT TOUR DUE TO SERIOUS ILLNESS FROM FOOD POISONING

My Chemical Romance and support act Muse deeply regret that they have had to cancel several dates on their current tour due to members of My Chemical Romance band and crew and members of Muse's crew being struck with serious food poisoning.

The nationwide tour, supporting My Chemical Romance's platinum album The Black Parade and Muse's album, Black Holes and Revelations, was brought to a standstill on Sunday when several members of My Chemical Romance's band and crew and members of Muse's crew became violently ill after the show at William and Mary College in Williamsburg, VA. With multiple people scattered in hospitals between State College, PA and Columbus, OH, the bands were forced to cancel Sunday night's show at the Bryce Jordan Center in State College, PA and postpone the show in Columbus, OH from Tuesday, May 1st to Wednesday, May 2nd, provided everyone has recovered. The show originally scheduled for tomorrow night at the Petersen Events Center in Pittsburgh, PA has been cancelled.

My Chemical Romance and Muse would like their fans to know that they hope to resume the tour as soon as possible. Tickets for the April 29th Bryce Jordan and May 2nd Pittsburgh show will be refunded at point of purchase and My Chemical Romance hope to make it back there before the end of the year.

[I'm not sure if this needs it's own topic, but I didn't know where else to put it]

My Chemical Romance.com
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
May 2nd, 2007 at 04:15am
Get well soon MCR!
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 2nd, 2007 at 04:46am

Can this be included in another thread?
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
May 2nd, 2007 at 07:43am
I edited the topic name so we won't have any moremtopics on this subject. :]
I hope you don't mind.
Boo?
Bleeding on the Floor
Boo?
May 2nd, 2007 at 10:30am
Yeah, I got the email...
I'm hoping for their recovery! Get well soon!!
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
May 2nd, 2007 at 10:38am
it sucks for you who are going to see them now :[ feel bad for you.
but they need to recover <3 get well soon guys!
Easter Davy
Motor Baby
Easter Davy
May 2nd, 2007 at 10:59am
Do you think they'll recover by Bamboozle (Saturday)?
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
May 2nd, 2007 at 12:13pm
yeah I think so. Food poisoning gets over pretty quickly.
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
May 2nd, 2007 at 01:00pm
It does kind of depend on the severity of the virus. Sometimes it's over in 24 hours, sometimes it can drag on for weeks. If it was bad enough to need hospitlaization I'd say they're probably going to be down for at least two days. But you know MCR, they never let illness, severe injury or really anything major get in the way unless they're forced to so they'll probably get themselves back up onstage PDQ. I'm also of the opinion that if the food poisoning was that bad then whoever did the catering for that particular show needs to be investigated.
char
Killjoy
char
May 2nd, 2007 at 01:06pm
does anyone know who actually has the food poisoning?
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
May 2nd, 2007 at 01:12pm
Oh My God ! I've heard you can DIE from food poisoning if its serious!

Lets hope Mikey doesnt have it ... No
Then ONE of them doesnt have to suffer ...
Is he still on his Honeymoon with sweet Alicia ? In Love

DAMN CONCERT CHEFS CANT EVEN COOK CEREAL!
God who ever is in the hospital bed next to Gerard is one lucky bastard!

*coughs* Mummy I'm ill ...
AliroSilver
Really Not Okay
AliroSilver
May 2nd, 2007 at 01:14pm
Not that I'm aware of but I've heard that one of the people that has it is Frank.

Edit: I'd like to mention that's what I've HEARD, I don't know in any way shape or form if it's true and we probably won't find out until MCR announces it themselves.
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
May 2nd, 2007 at 01:17pm
Mikey is still on his honeymoon right now. But I do hope they all get well soon.
Buffy Summers
Always Born a Crime
Buffy Summers
May 2nd, 2007 at 01:39pm
It does say that they hope to resume tour as soon as possible, but that doesn't exaclty sound promising to me....but then again, I'm extremely paranoid when it comes to these things. Wink
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 2nd, 2007 at 01:53pm
I thought that the tour was on hold anyway, for Mikey's honeymoon. My bad. What a shame, though--I feel so bad for them, as well as the disappointed fans.
AllOfTheseVampires
Killjoy
AllOfTheseVampires
May 2nd, 2007 at 02:18pm
AliroSilver:
Not that I'm aware of but I've heard that one of the people that has it is Frank.

Edit: I'd like to mention that's what I've HEARD, I don't know in any way shape or form if it's true and we probably won't find out until MCR announces it themselves.

franks a vegetarian, and i heard its from bad chicken (from Muse's webpage).. and frank wouldnt eat chicken. so its not him
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
May 2nd, 2007 at 02:39pm
^^ Frank has said before he's a "half assed" vegetarian. He could very well have eaten it.
gothgirl1975
Motor Baby
gothgirl1975
May 2nd, 2007 at 02:41pm
Or cross contamination from the bad chicken onto the veggie meals.
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
May 2nd, 2007 at 03:04pm
Frank gets ill rather alot, but hopefully he didnt eat it since he is sorta a vegetarian, so we still have one healthy MCR member. For the rest of them..Feel better from all your fans Very Happy
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
May 2nd, 2007 at 03:35pm
Frank has stated that he does have a weak immune system.