Don't have an account? Create one!

09/01/2007 - Tinley Park, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre.

AuthorMessage
Rainy.
Awake and Unafraid
Rainy.
September 1st, 2007 at 05:13am
I have to wait until my mom gets off work, so I probably won't get there until 10:30 or 11.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to wear my gray-ish/faded black jeans, and my long sleeved stiped hoodie with a black t-shirt over it(the shirt says 'come to the darkside, we have cookies' on it)and I'm bringing my hoodie purse that has a heart and ribcage on it. I think I'm gonna write INO on my hands or arms (I always write on myself) and might put blue dye in my hair.

Yay...less than 24 hours Dance
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
September 1st, 2007 at 02:29pm
ZOMG! IT'S FINALLY HERE! Wow
sea king
Always Born a Crime
sea king
September 1st, 2007 at 03:00pm
YEAH!
IT'S TODAYYYYYYYYYY!
AHHHH
IN LESS THAN 10 HOURS!
ZOMFG ZOMFG ZOMFG.
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
September 2nd, 2007 at 04:01pm
MY PICS

Okay well. I was up at 6 AM, excited and giddy. I left at about 7:20, was in Tinley by 9 or so. the parking didn't open until 10:30. Of course as I was in the mad rush to get in, some chick RAMS into the back of my car. Ugh I was so pissed. I didn't get in the parking lot till after 12. I parked, got in, it was almost 1. I was walking to the Revolution stage, past the busses, and guess who I see walking. GERARD FUCKING WAY! He didn't meet anyone, he just got on a golf cart and sped off. I did take a picture though. So I missed almost all of Madina Lake. I caught one song. I headed over to their tent, and I got to meet Mateo, and Matthew (The twin with the black stripe in his hair) I had one good pic op, but the girl didn't get the pic right, so we tried again, but Mateo looked away. He had his arm around me for the first one. Of course as soon as I step away get something to drink, and go back, the other twin, Nathan was there. I took a picture of them, but I didn't meet him.

I wandered for a bit, then went back to see Saosin. They were pretty good, I got pics and video. Their guitar player had a neon orange guitar, it was awesome. I didn't meet them, but I took pictures as they were signing. Then I wandered some more, and met Arika who's part of the Chicago MCRmy. Then the main stage opened early, so I went right in and in the pit. Starting off I was like 5 people from the front on the left side. I thought I was gonna die, but it was actually quite comfortable, since it was all in the shade.

Julien K comes on, and at first I thought it was like a Linkin Park/Madina Lake mashup, cause I was like "Is that Chester?" And the keyboard player looked like Nathan from Madina Lake. But that wasn't. Turns out though, the singer of Julien K was the best man at his brother's wedding, so Chester was filling in for him. They were good, I got good pics, and their guitarist for a bit played this weird looking guitar. Then for the last song. Chester goes SHIRTLESS!!!! WOO.

So after Julien K was Placebo, which I enjoyed them too. Nothing special, but they were pretty good. After Placebo was HIM. Ville had a cig in his mouth the entire time almost, but they were really good. They did my 3 favorite songs. I kinda wish Bam Margera came onstage, cause I heard he was there. Then after HIM was Taking Back Sunday. They were just AWESOME! I was happy finally to be able to sing along with something. It was funny at one point Adam was like: "You know, my parents met in Chicago. Ever heard of Aurora? Yeah. I don't know if they did the deed here, but they met here." And with pictures, I think Adam, Matt, and Fred all looked at me for a picture. Which was awesome.

After Taking Back Sunday, this girl comes up behind myself and the people around me, asking: "Can I get up there?" Then this lady was like "I'm trying to get up there." So this girl has her elbow in my back, and the lady was actually nice to me, then started a fight with the girl. The girl was saying her dad was up there, but didn't know what his hair & clothes were like. She gets out of the pit, her, her mom and dad come up to us outside the pit with security, and the lady explained the story. The girl lied, she just wanted to get barricade. She cried too, but whatever, we all were standing in the pit since 4 pm.

Finally, it's time for My Chemical Romance. Their set was just amazing, the pyrotechnics were just awesome, way better than the March 1st show. No Mikey though, which was fine by me. But they did have all the guys take their shirts off. I don't remember the exact order of the songs. No Frerard, no Fray, no nothing like that. But when Gerard was doing his crying after "Mama" he stuck his HAND DOWN HIS PANTS!!!! I got it recorded too! And a picture. I also got some really good pics of Gerard and Frank. Ray was too far away, but I tried. And for one song, I believe it was the drummer from Julien K who played with Bob, I forget what song though. But nothing off Bullets, and no Heaven Help Us, which disappointed me. Gerard did cancer all by himself, and it was awesome. During "Prison" when Gerard had all the guys take off their shirts, myself and the girls around me were trying to get Frank to take his shirt off, but he didn't.

One of the highlights, between bands on the screens, you could send a text message and have it appear. Some were funny, but a lot of "Scream for MCR" a couple "Scream for Frerard" a lot of "Go Cubs/Brewers/Cardinals/Yankees/Sox/Bears/Packers" Then there were some that were ridiculous. "Scream if you're a penguin" "Scream if you like Pancakes" Some proposals and stuff. One "will you go to homecoming with me?" "No I won't" some "Marry Me Gerard" "ILuvMikieWay!" And of course "What about Bob & Ray?"

After MCR I headed out of the pit, and made sure this one girl was okay who was ready to pass out. I guess she was gonna be okay she said so. So I waited outside this one gate where I met some cool people. We were told MCR was supposed to come out of there. They didn't, I missed Linkin Park, but I could still hear their whole set, which sounded pretty cool. So I left once again not being able to meet MCR. As I was walking out though, I could see Madina Lake (I think) partying by their van. Then I headed home, and got about 4 hours of sleep.

Aside from getting rear ended (which the girl totally got screwed who did it, she had no proof of insurance, and no license, and had to miss PR) it was the greatest night EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
sea king
Always Born a Crime
sea king
September 2nd, 2007 at 04:59pm
^Great pics! I was in second pavillion with a crappy camera, so I didn't even try, but my friend got really good pics at the Revolution Stage.

I missed the beginning of Madina lake, but they were amazingggggg.
Style of the Beyond or whatever...I didn't like them.
The Bled was good.
SAOSIN = LOVE. Don't deny it. You know it's true.
MSI did the best. Especially when he took his pants off. Oh yeah, Hannah got pics.
_____Next Stage_____
Julien-K...I don't know. I don't really plan on listening to them again.
But Chester was nice to fill in :]
THROUGH ALL OF PLACEBO, NO ONE IN MY SECTION COULD SEE BECAUSE OF SOME STUPID GIRL IN A GREEN TANK TOP [that was much too tight for her] WAS STANDING THE WHOLE TIME.
-So we threw stuff at her, and she yelled at us. And we kept throwing stuff at her.
HIM...I don't like them, so yeah.
TBS = <33.
MCR...Me & Hannah were jumping and screaming the whole time, attempting to sing along. I lost my voice and my legs hurt. They were still goddamn amazing.
LP- ZOMFG!!!!!111!!!one!!11
Fantastic. Perfect. LOVEEEEE.

Oh, and was it just me, or did it look like Gerard was watching part of Madina Lake's set? I could swear it was him.

EDIT: Umbrella Academy...were you in section 203?
I saw someone who looked like you in the pictures/how you described, but I wasn't about to shout out "UMBRELLA!" really loud, just in case it wasn't you.
Gemma.
Salute You in Your Grave
Gemma.
September 2nd, 2007 at 05:17pm
Great reviews!

What did Gerard have written on him??
bouncingxsoul
Killjoy
bouncingxsoul
September 2nd, 2007 at 05:39pm
My sister went, she said it was probably My Chem's worst show because it was so forced. And from the sound of the girl a couple posts up... it wasn't very special. I'm going to push my sister to go to the pit with me.. but from the looks of things she'll make me sit in the seat so we can get to the meet&greet.

If we're LUCKY, the pit will be easy to push passed and we could just cram ourselves up there after the m&g.
Gemma.
Salute You in Your Grave
Gemma.
September 2nd, 2007 at 05:40pm
was this the last show of project revolution?
Gemma.
Salute You in Your Grave
Gemma.
September 2nd, 2007 at 05:40pm
Eats double post

Yummy
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
September 2nd, 2007 at 06:48pm
Last show for PR is tomorrow

Ohhh and if you wanna see vids? add me on myspace www.myspace.com/xlisax1128x I'm not about to link them all cause that'd take too long.....I got awesome videos!!! Really good ones!!! ^.^
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
September 2nd, 2007 at 06:49pm
Or you can search for them on myspace....or something if you don't wanna add me, I' not uploading to youtube...
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
September 2nd, 2007 at 06:52pm
I was a little bleh that I couldn't get the full Julien K sound cause their singer wasn't there, but chester did a good job, and it sorta made up for me missing LP
sea king
Always Born a Crime
sea king
September 2nd, 2007 at 06:53pm
Could anyone read what was written on LynZ or however you spell that?
It looked to me like "He Loves ___"...I couldn't read the third word.
I was at a weird angle.
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
September 2nd, 2007 at 07:01pm
i dunno...I didn't see MSI, that was the itmes i was wandering aimlessly cause i was angry for getting rear ended. I shoulda asked the guy who was by me after the accident if I could possibly meet MCR like "I'm just upset, is there a way you can help me meet MCR, cause that would just make my night after this incident."

gah
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
September 2nd, 2007 at 07:03pm
Oh and I DO NOT know why I didn't say anything, but I think Umbrella, you were standign right next to me in the line to meet Madina Lake.......I dunno why i didn't say anything though......

me, mateo, Matthew......mateo looked away!!! Gah the first pic didn't take when he had his arm around me though.... Sad oh well
sea king
Always Born a Crime
sea king
September 2nd, 2007 at 07:08pm
^At least you met them!
As soon as I made my way out of the crowd, the line was 5723907456 miles long!
Cheese
sea king
Always Born a Crime
sea king
September 2nd, 2007 at 07:20pm
Oh yeah, and you got lots of great pics!
The Saosin video that you don't know what song it is...It's Sleepers.
I was gonna comment it, but MySpace hates me, so it won't let me.
Gemma.
Salute You in Your Grave
Gemma.
September 2nd, 2007 at 08:04pm
Princess Random:
Or you can search for them on myspace....or something if you don't wanna add me, I' not uploading to youtube...

I added you as a friend Very Happy
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
September 2nd, 2007 at 09:07pm
Oops. Acid.:
^At least you met them!
As soon as I made my way out of the crowd, the line was 5723907456 miles long!
Cheese

It's cause i wasn't in the crowd. I was on the outside of the crowd cause i got there late, then I just ran right over to the booth...
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
September 2nd, 2007 at 09:11pm
ooHHH anyone know if they're gonna put PR pics on punkrockpix.com???