Don't have an account? Create one!

Twins

AuthorMessage
rokinpenguin7
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rokinpenguin7
June 6th, 2007 at 09:29pm
I'm a twin...not identical though. Poeple think we have a special connection because we get the same answers on tests even though we don't have any classes together.
We're nothing alike.
She's into fit cloths and i'm into tightpants but really baggy band t-shirts.
Sometimes i think she wants to dress like me cause she feels it's cool.
But we can be close at times.
I agree with Scattered Memories. There is a connection, but it depends on how strong it is....
Meeshell
Awake and Unafraid
Meeshell
June 7th, 2007 at 04:14pm
i dont think it has anything to do with twins, i just think that when u know someone rly well, or if u just have similar personalities, freaky things can happen, if u know what im sayin
eMO!
Fabulous Killjoy
eMO!
June 7th, 2007 at 05:02pm
^I agree with Desire x_x
I know probably 6 or 7 sets of twins, and one set of triplets.
Some pairs are close, some are really different.
My sister and I are really close, even though we're 20 months apart in age.
But sometimes, we have weird coincidences.
Like, she was looking at a Cd and then I came in, humming a song from it that randomly popped into my head.
Or we'll come home an both have the same song in our head, or both have a headache, or toher odd things.
Alx_Aoide
Fabulous Killjoy
Alx_Aoide
June 7th, 2007 at 05:26pm
I actually have an identical twin sister and these sort of weird things happen to us. Whenever she starts talking to someone, I automatically know exactly what she's going to say. Whenever she's upset, I'm upset and vice versa. We also share the same interests. We like the same books, movies, music, and share eachothers views in politics.
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
June 8th, 2007 at 04:59pm
i think twins only have a special bond because they have been together like all their lives, if you spend enough time with sum1 that happens. As for twins being apart and living similar lifes i think it is a conincidence.
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
June 8th, 2007 at 05:06pm
ayn_inverse:
I actually have an identical twin sister and these sort of weird things happen to us. Whenever she starts talking to someone, I automatically know exactly what she's going to say. Whenever she's upset, I'm upset and vice versa. We also share the same interests. We like the same books, movies, music, and share eachothers views in politics.

same here with my twin sister
a twin thing ! LOL!
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
June 8th, 2007 at 05:44pm
Hmm...interesting...I think they have a connection, but other than that, nothin' special.
Helena and Hearts
Jazz Hands
Helena and Hearts
June 8th, 2007 at 07:11pm
twins are cool
Bellacide
Awake and Unafraid
Bellacide
June 9th, 2007 at 04:13pm
i beleive that the only reason twins have a sort of connection (if there is one present) is because [identical] twins are made from the same zygote(i think thats the right term to it srry) but split up at a point so thats why they are physically identical so if they have the same genes then they have a sort of genical connection.
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
June 9th, 2007 at 04:39pm
I dunno.
I think some twins could but no more than other people who arn't twins like the psycics of the world.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
June 16th, 2007 at 12:14pm
I once read a book called 'Twins' by I can't remember who.
They lived together for like, 14 or something years, then one is sent to boarding school
in a different country.
The stay-at-home twin writes letters, but the other can tell she is lying.
And then the stay-at-home twin runs away to be with her sister,
but she dies in a skiing accident or something.
Then the other goes home, posing as her.
The boarding school twin always thought she was exactly the same as her sister,
but she realises that they're totally different and she knew hardly anything
about her...
I can't remember much more. But it was a good book.

I believe twins can share 'connections' but they are always going to be indiviuals.
Two seperate people.
Helena and Hearts
Jazz Hands
Helena and Hearts
June 16th, 2007 at 10:11pm
twins are not really any different than the rest odf us it's like a clone of you
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
June 17th, 2007 at 08:04pm
i think some twins are "special" and some are not. like i know twins who are a lot alike and the have that special connection. but then there are these other twins and they don't have a connection at all.
i think emo.princess is right. they are like the rest of us they just have someone who looks like them (if they are identical)
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
June 18th, 2007 at 04:31pm
The thing that makes people think twins are special is because having a twin is the only known way that someone else could have the same DNA as you. I've seen things with two girls that were twins and they were very 'weird'. They had their own language and they communicated with eachother in a way no one could understand. They were extremely smart. They loved each other with all their hearts but at times tried to kill each other for no apparent reason. They dressed the same and from what people say. One in one room would laugh and the other would laugh, too, on the other side of the building far from the other twin. Then, if one fell and got hurt the other would cry out in pain and they could be 100s of miles apart. They hated being separated but it happened often because their parents thought that when they were together they would incourage eachother to do bad things. When they turned 20 they both died at the same time. One was driving a car and had a car accident and the other was at home with her parents eating dinner when all of a sudden she started throwing up blood. Twins can sometimes have connections. But, the twins I know are completely different. Maybe because they are of different sexes. They don't ever agree with anything and one could fall and break his/her leg and the other would be left unaffected.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 18th, 2007 at 04:45pm
Identical twins have the same DNA when they first split, but our DNA mutates so much that theirs isn't completely the same.
I do think it's possible that identical twins, and perhaps fraternal, could have some sort of special connection, but I think with fraternal especially a lot of it comes from growing up together.
T!NY
Killjoy
T!NY
June 20th, 2007 at 02:00pm
My best friends who id actually call sisters are twins. I asked them about this thread, and they told me about their similarities. They said that their little fidgeting moves are they same..Ex: pushing hair out of their face, playing with fingers...I found that peculiar. they also told me how sometimes they share the exact same emotions towards things. For example, Twin 1 will say, Awwwww, look at that picture!! and they will both just be sitting their chattering about how adorable the picture is. In conclusion, they share each others emotions and psychical traits, and i find it absolutely fascinating, and I'm lucky t be their best friend. I find sometimes that i pick up some of their little traits also.
MCRsavedMYlife22
Killjoy
MCRsavedMYlife22
June 23rd, 2007 at 08:43am
thats kool i hav friends tht are twins and everybody gets them mixed up
T!NY
Killjoy
T!NY
June 23rd, 2007 at 10:43am
^yea.. that happens a lot with them too. its funny, because im so close with them, its hard not tell them apart, if you knw what i mean.
T!NY
Killjoy
T!NY
June 23rd, 2007 at 10:44am
i sometimes get angry at people who cant tell them apart, but its just because its so easy for be because i practically spend every day with them. But i always realizze how tis stupid for me to get angry. lol
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 23rd, 2007 at 02:31pm
i always wanted a twin, but when i met my now best friend we were so much a lke, now we can read each other like a book, i knew she was upset once, even though she was 1,000 miles away on vacation, i just got this feeling she was crying and i don't know why but i remembered it, when she got back we were talking and i brought it uo, and i was right it was crazy. we're so close and we look almost identical people ask if we are twins. sorry if this isn't what i should post on here