Don't have an account? Create one!

Wait... why is MCR for girls?

AuthorMessage
My Chemical Crooner
Fabulous Killjoy
My Chemical Crooner
May 14th, 2007 at 06:39pm
Ok, so in Spanish class a few months ago I was wearing one of my MCR shirts. A kid has the nerve to walk up to me and say "My chemical romance is for girls, what are you, a fag?" and i replied with "You're half right." (I told people i'm bi but im actually gay) and he said "Ew dude that's gross", "Whatever you wana think, but MCR is for anybody who likes their music. There are plenty of guys, straight, who like 'em just like I do." he said "Their fanbase is all girls who like to think they're bisexual vampires." so I said "First off, am I a lebian vampire? No. So shut up. Second, instead of telling me what kind of music I should like to fit your standards, why don't you take a shower." said...me. Then he just says "Oh whatever, MCR is still wicked gay." And my last words were "Actually, they're kind of depressive..."

But still. That was all MCR Fan stereotypes. Little teenage emo/goth girls. There ARE straight guys out there that like this band. They don't sing about love and bunnies and happy magical rainbow worlds with ponds of lime jello and gumdrop castles. No. Thats not MCR. My Chemical Romance is a BAND who makes MUSIC for EVERYONE. UGHH.

STEREOTYPES BLOW AND SUCK AT THE SAME TIME!!!!
Stolen Baby On Board
Banned
Stolen Baby On Board
May 14th, 2007 at 06:46pm
You took the words right out of my mouth!! I know lots of straight guys who like MCR and other ppl who aren't dark deppressed little things who like them. I know one girl who dresses kind of preppy but she loves MCR!! People need to get their heads out of their asses and shut the fuck up with stereotyping and leave some ppl the fuck alone!!!

Kudos to you for posting this! Clap
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
May 14th, 2007 at 06:52pm
thats stupid.
i know heaps of male MCR fans.
pfft
VampireCupcake
Bleeding on the Floor
VampireCupcake
May 14th, 2007 at 06:53pm
Who said MCR is for girls?? One of my best friends is a guy and he loves MCR like me. Thats really stupid that someone would say that. Any band or singer is for anyone. Not for just one particular gender or race. Neutral
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 14th, 2007 at 07:16pm
yeah i mean its a good music its not aspecaly assinegt to girls:S
i mean if gerard wasint so pretty ide still fkn lovem:S
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
May 14th, 2007 at 07:28pm
i guess they think that because of those teenie mag focus more on their image and not the music. The music is all that matters. You should've of asked him then what bands are for guys? I mean should it matter? Mcr makes music for everyone so that everyone could relate to it. I guess the other reason is cuz MCR has a huge fan base that are mostly girls. I'm glad theres a lot of guys that are MCR fans, cuz i haven't met any. Theres just ones that say they're ok. Disgust
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
Jazz Hands
xXtRaGIc_AffAiRXx
May 14th, 2007 at 07:39pm
^^ yeah i agree its all the teenie stuff that has made people think of them as a band aimed at girls

but yeah respect to you for actually sticking up for them and yourself lol, im rubbish with confrontation so if people say crap to me i just ignore it and walk away ... then get secretly angry lol =|
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
May 14th, 2007 at 08:06pm
MCR are quite visually appealing. Girls are stupid and will latch onto pretty much anything if it's even slightly good looking. So they attract many, many more girl fans than guy fans. It's like 100 girl fans to every 1 guy fan or something. So from an outsiders point of view, it looks like te fanbase is made up of only girls.

That's why I never admit I'm an MCR fan to a guy. How embarassing.
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
May 14th, 2007 at 08:19pm
I know some guys who like MCR-not very many, but still
black magic woman.
Salute You in Your Grave
black magic woman.
May 14th, 2007 at 08:30pm
I have 3 outrages guys in my class who listens and is obssessed about MCR,I don't think there's something wrong with guys liking My Chem...

some guys just don't like it because they don't want other people to think that they're gay...they listen to rap instead...
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
May 14th, 2007 at 08:31pm
No way man, at every concert I've been to, I've seen males there from ages 9-50. Sure, the percent of girls there is like, 70%, but still, there are also a heck lot of male MCR fans. I'm sure there's even more out there, but some don't really admit it, but are probably secretly very into it. I'm glad you said that you didn't have to follow his standards just to please his ignorant face.
Illuminatist
Salute You in Your Grave
Illuminatist
May 14th, 2007 at 08:58pm
on my POV, guys aren't outspoken with pretty much everything they like..in this case liking MCR or any band that exists

here in our country most of the fans that I know are girls but whenever I walked thru malls, bookstores or coffee shops I see guys wearing t-shirts of MCR and to wear a shirt with a band name isnt just something, I mean they definitely like them cuz its like telling the world that he liked MCR..

and not all gothic looking person likes rock music or MCR....

stereotype really sucks
AlixRAWR
Jazz Hands
AlixRAWR
May 14th, 2007 at 09:20pm
stereotype really is a stupid thing.

By ex-BF, Davis, and my friend, Nick, LOVE MCR.
the used
Jazz Hands
the used
May 14th, 2007 at 09:29pm
nine volt heart.:
MCR are quite visually appealing. Girls are stupid and will latch onto pretty much anything if it's even slightly good looking. So they attract many, many more girl fans than guy fans. It's like 100 girl fans to every 1 guy fan or something. So from an outsiders point of view, it looks like te fanbase is made up of only girls.

you shouldnt be embarrased of what you like, think or feel..... no one should make you feel less
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
May 14th, 2007 at 10:33pm
the used:
nine volt heart.:

you shouldnt be embarrased of what you like, think or feel..... no one should make you feel less

Oh I know, I don't care about what anybody thinks about anything else I like. I'm just all-around embarassed to like this band.
vampires_hurt_me
Fabulous Killjoy
vampires_hurt_me
May 14th, 2007 at 10:50pm
Freddie Mercury!:
There ARE straight guys out there that like this band.

*Raises hand*
The Drugs Never Work
Killjoy
The Drugs Never Work
May 14th, 2007 at 10:58pm
Whoever says this obviously doesn't understand what MCR is all about. Their music is aimed towards no particular race, gender, possibly age, but that's about it. It doesn't matter if you're white, black, or male or female.
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
May 14th, 2007 at 11:03pm
MCR is all about not stereotyping or judging people. That's the message that they try to send across. People who judge MCR have no idea what they're talking about.
Umbrella Pwnage
Bleeding on the Floor
Umbrella Pwnage
May 14th, 2007 at 11:10pm
People like that are just dicks. My brother loves them even my dad likes them. Sure there are a lot of dumbass teenies running around singing praises to this stereo-type but you cant base a lable on f-ing teenies. Next time some one tells you that tell them to fuck themselves with an iron spoon!
(sorry I usually dont swear this much. Im just in a ranting mood.)
xXBlackParadeXx
Killjoy
xXBlackParadeXx
May 14th, 2007 at 11:37pm
oh wow
that guys stupid
guys can like mcr too
I don't see why people think mcr is only for girls anyway