Wait... why is MCR for girls?

AuthorMessage
never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
December 29th, 2007 at 11:46pm
vampires_hurt_me:
Freddie Mercury!:
There ARE straight guys out there that like this band.

*Raises hand*

---Ha, I don't know why that was just funny. Once we were on this bus for a school trip and I was listening to my iPod and a teenie girl came over and asked if I had any MCR on it. I said yes and she asked if she could use it for a bit so I lent it to her. She started asking me a whole bunch of questions and then she's asked why I listened to MCR because they were a boy band and I was a guy. I was like what the heck! If you want a boy band go listen to N'sync (sp?) or the Backstreet boys. MCR is about the farthest away from a boy band that you'll get. And she ran my battery out because she just watched the Famous Last words video over and over the entire time.
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
December 29th, 2007 at 11:51pm
I know lots of male MCR fans.
Even in my class, there are a couple of them who likes MCR (only a couple because there are only 7 guys in our class) xD
they just aren't that loud about MCR compared to the girl fans (but I can prove that wrong too, coz I've seen hundreds of guys wearing MCR shirts =/)
the guys who said that is so narrow-minded.
a4g0tt3n1
Killjoy
a4g0tt3n1
December 30th, 2007 at 12:20am
vampires_hurt_me:
Freddie Mercury!:
There ARE straight guys out there that like this band.

*Raises hand*

*Raises hand too*
Toro-esqe
Killjoy
Toro-esqe
December 30th, 2007 at 12:40am
MCR is a coed band!! ..lol..

Sure you could say since they are five good-looking, young guys they're bound to attract girls, but don't discount the guy fans out there!!!

I know a couple guys who are into MyChem, but will admit there are a million more who are all about hardcore metal and etc.. I always laugh and ask are they trying to compensate some testosterone. ..lol..
a4g0tt3n1
Killjoy
a4g0tt3n1
December 30th, 2007 at 12:45am
im a dude and i like MCR
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
December 30th, 2007 at 01:08am
Sexist stereotypes about a band?
Aha. That's funny.

MCR loves all their fans;they don't care what gender you are.
bullets are hailing.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bullets are hailing.
December 30th, 2007 at 09:59pm
that happened to me too! a guy told me that mcr is only a band for girls.
i don't get it why people say its for girls only.
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
December 31st, 2007 at 01:03am
MCR is about saving lives, changing people, being yourself and loving it! Not about being male or female or gay or straight or bi. Outsiders are just afraid to ACTUALLY HAVE EMOTIONS. That's why they listen to songs (mostly rap..... but we don't need to mention specifics) about sex. Always sex with the opposite gender.

That makes them oh so incredibly straight [/sarcasm]

I know only a few guys who like MCR. Then again, I'm not friends with too many guys. Only one of them is gay though. The others are very devout fans and they aren't "fags" (which is a stupid term anyway. anyone who ever uses it is a homophobic idiot who deserves to be slapped repeatedly). They are just fans.

The point is, to outsiders, maybe MCR is about cutting yourself, dressing in black, guyliner, homosexuality and (the notorious, evil, horrible) showing emotions other than "horny". But real fans know that it's about so much more than that. It's about being proud of yourself, it's about living your life. It saves people. And the fans are the only ones who need to no that. Noone else's oppinion matters.
yep
Ghost in the Snow
yep
December 31st, 2007 at 02:05am
I know a guy - he was on INO for about 10 posts (Ha Ha) - who's a big fan of MCR.
For all I know he's straight, or at least bi, cause he's got a girlfriend.

Of course there's not just girl fans Rolling Eyes
It's stupid of the people who think so to do just that.
MCR are for everyone!

But then again, when are the world gonna grow up and understand that it's not all about stereotypes and lables and all of that jazz?
themillenia
Joining The Black Parade
themillenia
December 31st, 2007 at 09:42am
The majority of people who go to MCR concerts are girls I've noticed and also from a friend who goes to concerts all the time. Does anyone remember that fake interview with Ginger Bloke and he was like "Stop making music for fat depressed girls who's daddy doesn't love them". I just had to say that. I think one reason why girls like MCR is because they are honest men and girls like guys who are honest and also understand them.Plus they don't degrade women.
MCR_addict
Killjoy
MCR_addict
December 31st, 2007 at 03:09pm
there ARE a lot of guy MCR fans out there (there's this guy at my school who's a total MCR nut like the people on here, lol.) but i think part of the reason that everyone thinks that MCR is a "for girls only" band is because girls are:
A: louder about being a fan
B: more girls are on MCR fansites like this, don't know y, i think we might just b more into fansites in general...
anyway, that is my theory.
ghosted.
Jazz Hands
ghosted.
December 31st, 2007 at 03:10pm
Thats a load of crap.
Some of my best guy friends like My Chemical Romance MORE than me!
Gender has nothing to with you music you like.

Break the mold I say!

:]
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
December 31st, 2007 at 03:18pm
Good for you for telling him off Clap
I don't know anyone at my school who is a fan except for me and a boy in my class.
Gender has nothing to do with the music you listen too.
Addabitty
Joining The Black Parade
Addabitty
January 8th, 2008 at 05:10pm
That really sucks that anyone would think MCR is just for girls.

And stupid magazines don't help with that. I remember when I was in a bookstore once, and on the cover of J-14 was "Who's picking on Gerard?" (On top of that, Gerard really doesn't care that Marilyn Manson is being a jerk the band). The boys in My Chem are too cool for those teenybopper mags. And if there are guys that think that they're too cool for a "boy band" like MCR, screw them. It's one thing if they don't like the music, it's another if they stereotype.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
January 8th, 2008 at 05:27pm
what a load of bullshit. i'm a guy who's heavily into MCR, and loads of my friends are too. i would have thought that if bands were "for girls" or "for boys", MCR would be more for boys than girls, but a member of any sex can be into any band, full stop. what a stupid thing for that guy to say.
ForgottenxTeenager45
Fabulous Killjoy
ForgottenxTeenager45
January 8th, 2008 at 05:41pm
LOL! MCR Is Not For Girls So Keep On Rockin Out To MCR Dudes!!!!!! Punk Punk Punk Punk Punk Punk
Crushcrushcrush
Jazz Hands
Crushcrushcrush
January 17th, 2008 at 06:18pm
thats so gay i know guys who like mcr and sure some of mcrs fans are depressed but not all of them!!! i hate ppl steryotyping mcr!!!!!!!! theyre a kick ass band!Get over it!
rise_again_tomarrow
Joining The Black Parade
rise_again_tomarrow
January 17th, 2008 at 06:43pm
I hate thoes steryotypes, mcr is for emo or prep, gay or straoght, boy or girl!
rise_again_tomarrow
Joining The Black Parade
rise_again_tomarrow
January 17th, 2008 at 06:44pm
also my nerdy friend likes them
savannah's gone.
Bleeding on the Floor
savannah's gone.
February 27th, 2008 at 03:48pm
a guy i once went out with likes MCR and some of my guy mates do too. if anything my girl mates all think MCR are freaky wrist slitting emos.
Kill stupid sterotypes!