Don't have an account? Create one!

The Morning After Pill

AuthorMessage
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
July 26th, 2007 at 02:51am
There's also the fact that you don't have a very long time in which the pill will be effective. Time is of the essence, and hypothetically, I don't think I could work up the courage to tell my parents that I might be pregnant in that short a time. Some girls might tell their parents, but it's best to let them do it in their own time.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
July 26th, 2007 at 05:54pm
mortifer:
^ Sorry, I didn't mean it like that at all. A 13-year-old is way too young to become a mother.

What I meant with the consequences was that they should go and tell their parents or some other adults. It is embarrassing and they'll probably get "the speech", but after that they could get the pill.

Some parents wouldn't buy their child the pill.
Lots of them, especially in the area I live, have the mentality that if you spread your legs and deal with the consequences. And my state produces more than 50% of the country's unplanned pregnancies.
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
July 26th, 2007 at 06:53pm
^That's true that some parents wouldn't buy the pill
but i think there should be an age limit only for the safety of the girl . the girls could OD or take it the wrong way. That's why there is an age limit in the first place.
Pilgrim.
Salute You in Your Grave
Pilgrim.
July 26th, 2007 at 07:26pm
True. The chemicals are really strong, and they might get a young girl really, really sick. Most drug companies wouldn't want to be on the paying side if something happened to a young woman because of their pills.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
July 27th, 2007 at 05:27pm
It's just a heavy dose of birth control and there has never been a reported OD on the birth control, even if a child or infant takes it.
The test results for the pill have showed no problems for girls underage.
It was recommended for the over-the-counter use, but the FDA is conversative and said 'no'.
x_gerard_way_lover_x
Killjoy
x_gerard_way_lover_x
September 21st, 2007 at 04:53pm
i think that if you are going to have sex then you should use proper protecting for various reasons . I know it is illegal to have sex under the age of 16 but i still think you shouldnt do it untill you are at least 18 because you are still growing up and the protection doesnt always work and then you could fall pregnant and not be able to do the things you wanted to do because you have a child . sorry if that doesnt make sence !
x_gerard_way_lover_x
Killjoy
x_gerard_way_lover_x
September 21st, 2007 at 04:54pm
i think that if you are going to have sex then you should use proper protecting for various reasons . I know it is illegal to have sex under the age of 16 but i still think you shouldnt do it untill you are at least 18 because you are still growing up and the protection doesnt always work and then you could fall pregnant and not be able to do the things you wanted to do because you have a child . sorry if that doesnt make sence !
x_gerard_way_lover_x
Killjoy
x_gerard_way_lover_x
September 21st, 2007 at 04:54pm
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
September 22nd, 2007 at 06:04pm
Legality of sex at a certain age depends on the state. If you're under sixteen you can legally have sex in some states as long as the other person is within two years of your age.

Anyway legality and morality aren't necessarily the same thing.

nina;
Awake and Unafraid
nina;
September 23rd, 2007 at 03:40pm
Here, anyone can buy it at the local drugstore.
I think it's great. You can be anonymous and
it prevents almost everytime, an unwanted pregnancy.
It costs a lot though. But if you're under 18, you can get
it for free at youth-clinics.

It's NOT an ordinary contreceptive. It's basically an abortion-pill.
But if you need one, I can't see how it should be harder for kids
under the age of 18 to get it. Do we want more teenage-pregnancies?
Mandi4MCR
Killjoy
Mandi4MCR
October 18th, 2007 at 07:50pm
wow! this pill is the most ridiculous thing ever made! i wouldnt take it if my life depended on it! but thats just me! so idk why a 13 yr old would need it in the first place! shes way too young!
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 19th, 2007 at 02:47am
I_luv_Gerard_03:
wow! this pill is the most ridiculous thing ever made! i wouldnt take it if my life depended on it! but thats just me! so idk why a 13 yr old would need it in the first place! shes way too young!

well if you report rape within i think it's 3 days, and your of child-bearing (sp?) age they'll give it to you. but i heard that in major citites the average age where a kid loses thier virginity is like 12.5, 12 years and 5 months. that's the reason why in most places you can get a condom if your 12 and over. and i can believe that, at my school, it's like 14 year old virgin, i swear.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
October 19th, 2007 at 12:08pm
idk. my bff jill?:
I really don't think anyone under the age of 18 needs to be having sex anyways. Especially unprotected.

Exactly! It shouldn't be sold to anyone, under the age of consent. It's their fault for not wearing a condom or using some form of protection.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 19th, 2007 at 02:08pm
Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be available to people under the age of 18? I mean, it should be available to anyone, but for teenagers more importantly because of their situation - she may not be able to carry a child to it's full term [if she gets pregnant] due to school, her future etc. as well as other things.

And that argument about "well people under the age of 18 shouldn't be having sex" is just ridiculous. For time immemorial there have been teens having sex, it's nothing knew. As soon as you turn 18, you don't automatically become a responsible person,. Age doesn't have anything to do with contraceptive. A woman who is 18 is just as likely to forget to use contraceptive just as much as a 14 or 15 year old. Even those older than 18 aren't immune to forgetting contraception.

And having said that, contraception doesn't always work, especially condoms.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 05:02pm
Dani V. Presents...:
idk. my bff jill?:
I really don't think anyone under the age of 18 needs to be having sex anyways. Especially unprotected.

Exactly! It shouldn't be sold to anyone, under the age of consent. It's their fault for not wearing a condom or using some form of protection.

That's not very fair.
Sure, they should of used protection.
But I don't think they should be punished by being forced to have a kid.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
Dani V. Presents...:
idk. my bff jill?:

That's not very fair.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
Dani V. Presents...:
idk. my bff jill?:

That's not very fair.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 19th, 2007 at 05:04pm
^^ Ahh, omg, sorry for the multiple posting.
Burning Friend
Banned
Burning Friend
December 16th, 2007 at 03:09am
The Morning After pill is NOT birth control! It is a quick and easy method of abortion. The egg is fertilized during intercourse, thus, the morning after, you are already pregnant, making a pill that prevents pregnancy, technically an abortion.

No, I don't think there shouldn't be an age limit on buying, in fact, I don't think it should be on the market at all. Besides, I think someone underage should have her parent's consent on abortion.
Star Ashes
Fabulous Killjoy
Star Ashes
December 16th, 2007 at 04:18pm
no now in england, the morning after pill is now able to be retrieved by anyone without prescription