Quinn.
May 16th, 2007 at 06:29pm
too tru.
it cant be avoided.
chloeBAM
Fabulous Killjoy
chloeBAM
May 16th, 2007 at 06:29pm

lmao. that's actually hilarious. i like GC and i guess SP are ok... but neither of them are ANYWHERE NEAR MCR... at all.
the genre is totally different, and everything about MCR is way better.

I'm gonna follow everyone else here too and say your co-worker needs to stfu until he gets some decent music taste Very Happy
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
May 16th, 2007 at 07:19pm
I don't really see how Black Parade sounds pop... but meh. I think they're amazing <3
B-612
Joining The Black Parade
B-612
May 16th, 2007 at 08:46pm
hey...I like GC. They put on a really good live show.
UnchArtEd schrEI
Jazz Hands
UnchArtEd schrEI
May 17th, 2007 at 12:24am
i love Simple plan but MCR is DIfferent than the two of them..... oh and tell your friend try cleaning up his/her ear maybe his/her ear is filled of ear wax
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
July 1st, 2007 at 08:05am
Dude, theres something very wrong with that... workmate of yours... YOU CANNOT COMPARE MCR TO SP AND GC they sound TOO different...
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
July 1st, 2007 at 08:07am
Dude, theres something very wrong with that... workmate of yours... YOU CANNOT COMPARE MCR TO SP AND GC they sound TOO different...
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
July 1st, 2007 at 08:18am
mirarle:
The guy you work with needs a better ear if he thinks that.

Yeah.
Seriously, tell him to clean his ears for the benefit of everyone around him and everyone in the music industry! Haha.
Sadistic Venom
Killjoy
Sadistic Venom
July 1st, 2007 at 09:23am
I love SP...MCR doesn't sound a bit like GC and/or SP...they(MCR, GC, SP) have their own genres and they stick to it...
Battery Acid
Salute You in Your Grave
Battery Acid
July 1st, 2007 at 10:39am
LOL...I'm sure Simple Plan and Good Charlotte wish they were half of what MCR is. But, they'll never be.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against those two bands. They just certainly should not be compared to the greatest band on earth.
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
July 1st, 2007 at 11:01am
I'm gonna get attacked by SP and GC fans, but I think both of them are kinda..."whiney". MCR has a lot more meaning in their music than saying, "my life sucks", which is the impression I've gotten from SP and GC before.

Sure, everyone can think whatever the hell they want, but it doesn't mean we have to agree, because we can also think whatever the hell we want.
Angie Pansy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Angie Pansy
July 1st, 2007 at 12:16pm
Wow.....that guy has some issues......Simple Plan and Good Charlotte suck ass. They are wannabe punk. And they always sound so whiney when they sing a song. Someone at where I work was criticising them too and I got mad and I said 'when they know what good music is then they can talk to me about it'. People are retards. The day that MCR starts to sound like them and cease to melt my fucking face off at concerts is the day I will cease to listen to them.....I hope that day never comes.
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
July 1st, 2007 at 12:19pm
this is what happens with a little thing called the mainstream.

it's going to happen and you can't let it bother you. i am not going to lie, bullets was a lot more heavier then revenge, but TBP had a mix of a lot of different shit in there. people are allowed to voice their opinion.
xXDitaVonSantiXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXDitaVonSantiXx
July 5th, 2007 at 02:35am
I agree with you but....if this dude that made the comment about MCR being like GC or SP doesn't know about MCR and is just saying that cause of the attention then he needs to be put through intervention......MCR intervention that is.....*creppy Giggle*
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
July 5th, 2007 at 08:49am
They are widely considered to be pop-punk. Which is the genre of Good Charlotte and Simple Plan. Whether or not you disagree with My Chem being labeled "pop-punk", that's what man people label them, so they are lumped in with other bands.

I get just as annoyed seeing them linked with Fall Out Boy and Panic! at the Disco(I like P!ATD a little, though), who aren't good enough to be lumped with My Chem.
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
July 5th, 2007 at 11:23am
MCR Fans: Too emo for Simple Plan, too hardcore for Good Charlotte
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
July 5th, 2007 at 12:01pm
I hate to be the douche who nit picks..but people cannot be emotive harcore. It is a sub-genre of music, and a pretty small one at that. MCR is not emo. Emo is Rites of Spring, Portraits of Past, Indian Summer, etc.
Meeshell
Awake and Unafraid
Meeshell
July 5th, 2007 at 02:15pm
how in the hell can you compare MCR to SP and GC???? they are like, NOTHING ALIKE, at all! i used to be completely obsessed with GC and i always hated SP but i just cant understand how you can compare either of those with MCR....totally diff music, i just dont get it...
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
July 5th, 2007 at 04:11pm
^^Nice sig (uh oh spam...)

Anyhow I think your co-worker is only saying that to irk you. He probably knows you don't like Good Charlotte or Simple Plan and he's pissing you off. I'll bet he hasn't heard any of those bands.

But in case he's serious, lets do some elimination (I'm a fan of all three bands although mcr owns the other two):

Simple Plan: They've made some songs like "Me Against the World" which are supposed to sound "metal" but don't sound even close, Pierre's voice is nothing like Gerard's, and the only song which even remotely sounds like their music is "Teenagers" but that song, if the lyrics are taken literally, encourages teen violence, which is something Simple Plan wouldn't do.

Good Charlotte: Gerard would only sound like Joel if he were to suck on balloons before he got on stage. Their lyrics are nothing alike and Benji only sounds as good as Ray does all the time occasionally. MTV types might compare the two bands only because Broken Hearts Parade and Welcome To The Black Parade have similar titles but the similarities end there.
Ludwig
Motor Baby
Ludwig
July 5th, 2007 at 05:42pm
Ew...what an insult...personally, I think GC and SP just don't have the minds it takes to make music like MCR.

Page Claim-I'll name it Jimmy.