Don't have an account? Create one!

08/11/2007 - Tampa, FL - Ford Amphitheatre

AuthorMessage
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
August 14th, 2007 at 04:13am
porcelinajune:
He was on the side of the stage for Placebo for a bit. I just happend to see him before he went back behind the stage where we couldn't see. He had on a black either sleeves tank but I think it was a black t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up and sunglasses. He was totally rocking out. LOL I started yelling at my friend "It's Gerard. Over there. Give me the binoculours." LOL He moved away before I could get a good look with the binoculours.

Yes. I recieved a frantic text message reading something like "I JUST SAW GERARD ON THE SIDE OF THE STAGE!!!!!!!!" lol
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
August 14th, 2007 at 08:40am
Rachelle_5:

Yes. I recieved a frantic text message reading something like "I JUST SAW GERARD ON THE SIDE OF THE STAGE!!!!!!!!" lol

LMAO good times, good times! I was hoping one of ya'll saw or could see him as well.

Who else totally thought there was going to be a riot due to the delay of Linkin Park.? People on the lawn were not going without a fight.
cannibalglow
Really Not Okay
cannibalglow
August 14th, 2007 at 10:31am
Haha, how was Gerard rocking out? Was he playing the air guitar or air drums?
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
August 14th, 2007 at 10:33am
cannibalglow:
Haha, how was Gerard rocking out? Was he playing the air guitar or air drums?

slight head banging and bopping around.
czr
Killjoy
czr
August 14th, 2007 at 03:48pm
The sound was really bad for some reason. It wasn't loud at all and his(Gerard) mic sounded isolated. I think he was even tracking his own voice in some songs.. one time I even heard one of the mic messed up on the drums where you can just hear him(drummer) hitting it physically and sounded external but was promptly corrected.. The performance overall was good IT was just the sound was TERRIBLE.. sounded like playing with the cd... plus gerard acted like billy corgan
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
August 14th, 2007 at 03:53pm
porcelinajune:

slight head banging and bopping around.

Yeah and I got him throwing himself on the ground and going crazy on the floor at the end of This Is How I Disappear on video. :]
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
August 14th, 2007 at 03:57pm
czr:
The sound was really bad for some reason. It wasn't loud at all and his(Gerard) mic sounded isolated. I think he was even tracking his own voice in some songs.. one time I even heard one of the mic messed up on the drums where you can just hear him(drummer) hitting it physically and sounded external but was promptly corrected.. The performance overall was good IT was just the sound was TERRIBLE.. sounded like playing with the cd... plus gerard acted like billy corgan

I didn't think it sounded like it was playing with the CD... But yeah, the sound was pretty bad. My dad kept complaining on how you could barely hear Gerard and how they had a really bad soundman. He was even about to go up to the sound guys and tell them to turn it up or something. And I remember when HIM was on, Ville kept looking off stage and and it looked like he was trying to direct someone to turn the mic volume up.
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
August 14th, 2007 at 06:07pm
Scattegories.:
Yeah, I thought something was wrong with the sound.

But at the April 19th show, Gerard sounded like he sucked some helium before coming out! xD

Yeah, he did. lmfao
Oh, and I love your new avatar/signature by the way.
Adammmmm.
Nyam
rosalie cullen
Killjoy
rosalie cullen
August 14th, 2007 at 07:41pm
okay. so im glad i wasnt the only one that thought there was something wrong witht the sound. the april show was definitely completely different from the one saturday.

haha and my videos are so horrible. the only good oen is mama.
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
August 15th, 2007 at 04:06am
I think it's definitely harder with something like PR to have good sound set up because you have about 12 sound people with about 15 minutes to set up between sets. It's never really the best during tours like that. LP sounded amazing, but they had about an hour to get ready, lol. But it wasn't the band's fault at all.

I felt sooo bad for the people on the lawn. I wouldn't have gone anywhere, either. I was just worried about them with the lightning.
Whatsername868
Killjoy
Whatsername868
August 16th, 2007 at 05:26am
Rachelle_5:
I think it's definitely harder with something like PR to have good sound set up because you have about 12 sound people with about 15 minutes to set up between sets. It's never really the best during tours like that. LP sounded amazing, but they had about an hour to get ready, lol. But it wasn't the band's fault at all.

I felt sooo bad for the people on the lawn. I wouldn't have gone anywhere, either. I was just worried about them with the lightning.

I thought the lightning was cool. Smile
But yeah I HATED being like a mile from the stage.
rollertoaster
Fabulous Killjoy
rollertoaster
August 16th, 2007 at 10:31am
Yeah, I thought something was wrong with the sound.

But at the April 19th show, Gerard sounded like he sucked some helium before coming out! xD

Ya never know, just because Gerard stayed "clean", does Helium count as a drug? Wink

Heh. J/k.
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
August 16th, 2007 at 07:21pm
Hey Loves,

In case nobody's seen this yet, 97x (which is the coolest radio station ever) posted their pics from PR and a long interview with Gerard and Frank.

Mikey Way's French Pirate Period

I read some where that Gerard has some sort of auto tuner ran through the mic to correct his pitches. Don't know if that is true or not. Could explain why some people heard distorted sound.
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
August 17th, 2007 at 08:01pm
porcelinajune:
Hey Loves,

In case nobody's seen this yet, 97x (which is the coolest radio station ever) posted their pics from PR and a long interview with Gerard and Frank.

Mikey Way's French Pirate Period

I read some where that Gerard has some sort of auto tuner ran through the mic to correct his pitches. Don't know if that is true or not. Could explain why some people heard distorted sound.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I totalllly forgot about looking on the 97X website!
lmfao Haha. I'm looking at the TBS pictures and for some reason Adam in shorts and neon colored flip-flops cracks me up! lmfao
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
August 20th, 2007 at 05:20am
porcelinajune:

Thank you sooo much. Those pictures are amazing. I'll look at the interviews some day when I'm not so tired.
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
October 20th, 2007 at 05:53pm
porcelinajune:

Yeah. My mom's friend said that he does. He owns a recording studio, so he knows a lot about that kind of stuff.
MCR_changed my life!
Killjoy
MCR_changed my life!
March 14th, 2008 at 02:29pm
Does anyone have photos from this show? my old coumputer died that had them all on it Sad anyone can PM me if they do thanks Smile