Don't have an account? Create one!

08/15/2007 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater

AuthorMessage
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
August 14th, 2007 at 03:18pm
::dances::
i couldn't sleep on the train to work this morning like i usually do because i'm SO EXCITED! 26 hours and 40 minutes. more or less.
::dances::
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
August 14th, 2007 at 09:41pm
I'm so excited!
annnniiieee
Killjoy
annnniiieee
August 15th, 2007 at 05:24am
about 12 HOURS to go!!!!!!!!!!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 15th, 2007 at 06:33am
<jumping into the fray> I'm a wreck, are you guys wrecks? I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't think.
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
August 15th, 2007 at 11:17am
is it today?
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
August 15th, 2007 at 11:18am
how can there be a ''beach theater''? can someone explain that or any pics?
maybe one day...
Joining The Black Parade
maybe one day...
August 15th, 2007 at 01:37pm
its on the beach..the stage is actually on the water..its really cool actually..its very very small..so no bad seats..

Scuntttttt
Killjoy
Scuntttttt
August 15th, 2007 at 03:51pm
OH MY GOD I 'M LEAVING IN ONE HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance
maybe one day...
Joining The Black Parade
maybe one day...
August 16th, 2007 at 04:47am
ZOMG!! TONIGHT WAS FUCKING AMAZING!!

theyput on a really great show..

and I got pics of MIKEY!
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
August 16th, 2007 at 05:16am
It was great!
TBS & MCR were my favs by far<3
slipintothetragedy
Killjoy
slipintothetragedy
August 16th, 2007 at 06:54am
omg so mikey is there?!!
im going sunday and cant wait!!

so did they do a meet and greet?and if soo when and where?
oo and i want to see the pics of mikey!!plz?
Bambi
Killjoy
Bambi
August 16th, 2007 at 07:16am
mcr was amazing! way better than linkin park...
and gerard made me takin my shirt of, yay, i stripped for gee x)

uhm no, i dont think there was a signing... or at least i didnt see it
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
August 16th, 2007 at 07:37am
slipintothetragedy:
omg so mikey is there?!!

Mikey didn't come out during the MCR set. Gerard just announced that he was there.
maybe one day...
Joining The Black Parade
maybe one day...
August 16th, 2007 at 01:04pm
slipintothetragedy:
omg so mikey is there?!!

Mikey didnt perform or anything..but we got to our seats early and we saw him standing to the left of the stage and I couldnt tell if it was him..but then alicia came up to him and they walked towards the buses..we followed them..found out where the mcr bus was..got to see bob and frankie too..and then Gerard came up on a golf cart and hugged mikey..i was all "awwe"..I started crying when I saw them hug and my mom and best friend were laughing at me..Im gonna put the pictures up in an hour or so.
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
August 16th, 2007 at 03:43pm
pics? (you're so friggin lucky btw lol)

Edit: was anyone else upset there was no Frerard? Frank seemed way to busy smashing the shit out of ... everything.
Bert McCookies
Fabulous Killjoy
Bert McCookies
August 16th, 2007 at 05:19pm
Holy fuck that was amazing.
I thought MCR, TBS and LP were all frigen incredible.

I forget exactly what Gerard said but it was something along the lines of "Donna Way, Watch from the front. GET IN THE FRONT! these people are watching from the front! My mom is here."
Does anyone remeber exactly what he said? I found it hysterical.

I was so mad I didn't bring my camara.
annnniiieee
Killjoy
annnniiieee
August 16th, 2007 at 06:51pm
Haha yeah, I remember him saying that. I saw her watching the Revolution stage with Gerard. I wish I saw Mikey.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 16th, 2007 at 08:24pm
Okay yeah G announced Mrs. Way's presence on three separate occasions (this btw is no doubt the reason no Frerard, you guys. Although G did grab Frank's head by the hair and throw it up and down a few times. He also flirted with Matt, saying he was as "sexy as the Bee Gees" then admitting he didn't know what the fuck he meant by that LOL) The first time he started barking at Donna to "Buy a house! You need to buy a new house already!" LOL then he asked her what she was doing there (on the stage) and told her she needed to go to the front, and pointed out where he wanted her to go (over by Ray.) The next time he pointed her out, he had her raise her hand so we could see. Then he just mentioned again that she was there.

I KNEW I saw Mikey on the stage! I just thought I was hallucinating when Matt came out with the band. maybe on day, you are SO LUCKY that you got to see all that! We saw Worm drive by us a few times LOL G dedicated Helena to Mikey. It looked to me from G's gestures that he must have been sitting with his mom, wearing shades, we were told.

Did anyone get pictures? I got nada. Damien was supposed to be filming for me but he had to go home sick and I was jumping around too much to film, plus I'm not really familiar with how the camera works, plus the lighting wasn't so good.

I found myself wondering wtf happened to CD and Venom! Also we got no B sides and certainly no Bullets stuff Sad Anyone catch the 100% written on his neck, and the "I'm so friggin happy" and "Thank you to Linkin Park for bringing us out with our best friends and introducing us to some amazing new people to hang out with" comments? Lyn Z, anyone?

Otherwise, the set was incredible. Every guy in that stadium fucking swung their shirts around their heads during Prison - that was amazing. G was getting off on the crowd, you could tell, because he could see us all. We did everything he said and sang really loudly for him during WTTBP. Great crowd.

I met a couple guys after the set that said they'd come for LP, but that My Chem had blown them away. I positively glowed with pride at that.

He was wearing that insane red bandanna again, yeah, and the Black Parade jacket, which he was clearly suffocating in, because right before Dead! he knelt down and started gasping into the mike.

Okay that's my review. Someone else have vids or pics or anything? Please?
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
August 16th, 2007 at 08:37pm
yea, i figured Momma Way was the reason for a lack of Frerard, but i mean, she MUST know about it... i mean, come ON. lol. but yea. that was AMAZING. and i need PICS! i was SO FAR AWAY, i couldn't really see shit. :*(

btw... this is a really dumb question... but who is Worm exactly? wow, i feel like a retard for asking that...::hangs head in shame.::

if there are pics can someone PLEASE PM to me... i'd love you forever. and ever. PLEASEANDTHANKYOU.
JKD
Killjoy
JKD
August 17th, 2007 at 12:07am
http://kapunua.livejournal.com/334639.html< -----Here is my insanely detailed review of last night's show and the circumstances surrounding it. Bear in mind that I am incredibly long-winded and that most of it was written just for my memories, and much of it was written for friends of mine. You absolutely can skip through the pre-getting there stuff. MCR makes a few appearances before the review of their actual concert, because we saw them here and there throughout the day. Also keep in mind that I write very personally and emotionally and I have no problem expressing my opinions, even on people I admire a great deal.

There are a few videos, but I warn you they are utter crap. My camera sucks and our seats were pretty far up. I resigned myself to just capturing the overall atmosphere; I'm sure by now there are tons of better quality videos out there. Very Happy

Anyway, enjoy!