Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
June 10th, 2007 at 07:50am
^^ Yeah, bullets was beautiful BECAUSE it was so raw
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
June 10th, 2007 at 09:03am
i think that if they were sill so raw then we wuld be bored with the music becuse its always the same..
Miketh Way.
Salute You in Your Grave
Miketh Way.
June 10th, 2007 at 09:13am
i noticed that ever since he bleached his hair, his voice has become more squeaky. maybe........its eliza's evil spell! joke. but, when he had longer hair it was more 'manly'. it still is, but its just changed.
the narrator.
Salute You in Your Grave
the narrator.
June 10th, 2007 at 11:23am
And here I am again.
oO
To clarify, what I was saying is that Gerard's voice has in fact changed, but thats not what I was talking about persay. One can only expect a change with growing older as well as sobering up.
What I was saying is that even though his voice has changed, hes able to put the same emotion back into it. I agree that he was more angry in bullets than in TBP, but the way he says each song means something, I think the emotion behind it should convey that. In the lyrics of the songs, you can clearly tell the meanings, but when you listen to it, I say again, hes singing.
He said in an interview that he wanted to speak not with his words, but with the songs, and although the lyrics are amazing I find that I cant understand what he means with his voice.
In bullets you could tell if he was angry or sad when he was singing a song, and what the feel of the song was supposed to be, but in TBP, except for a few songs [Cancer being the one that pops into my head first] all I hear are the lyrics. I cant tell what the feel of the song is supposed to be.
For me my favorite albums go in order for when they were made. Bullets, Revenge, and TBP.
Im not saying TBP is horrible, not at all, I too give it a 10/10 for the lyrics, melodys, and over all concepts, I just...couldnt connect with the band like I could in bullets. Maybe its just because I consider bullets to be the album that saved me. Or maybe I just dont want to have them go past their problems to hope, when im still stuck in the mindset they were in bullets. It scares me a little to be honest.
It would help if they would acnowledge bullets more often. If only by putting the videos on mychemicalromance.com
lyrical lies.
Always Born a Crime
lyrical lies.
June 12th, 2007 at 05:17pm
This is abit random does anyone know alot of information about their new album? I'm soo excited for them to record more...But yea..I really like TCFSR maybe the best out of the three (other then murder scene:p) I think that Gerards voice has improved alot live..I saw them recently and they were amazing(obviously:p) and yea.. bullets was soo fresh and raw..and they had alot of emotion and expression...but yea i agree with others that it is easier to sing along to TBP and TCFSR and yea..It sucks that the bullets vids arent on the mychemicalromance.com and they really should acknowledge it more because that was the roots that they started from..and soo many fans were connected to them because they werent as well known..and soo many lives were saved...I dont know if you peeps will agree but yea.. I guess that's how it is for me=) Very Happy Smile
dirty love.
In The Murder Scene
dirty love.
June 12th, 2007 at 05:51pm
I think that all three albums have a lot of emotion. Just different ones.
Bullets is raw & angry. And you can tell that from the way he sings/screams.
TBP to me is about hope and sort of being fearless - (about death and stuff)
He sings a lot more with no screaming. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as his singing voice has improved soo much.
I think that Revenge is inbetween the two,, singing/emotion-wise. Again, this is different emotion. Kind of hard to explain.
Gerard's voice has changed. In some ways for the better. I will love MCR no matter what. I think all 3 of their albums have helped kids a lot and saved lives.

And as for their new album,, I can't wait! I do hope it's a bit more like Bullets. Or something like a bit of all three. And yeah, I do think it sucks that the Honey & Vampires videos aren't on their site. Those are two of my fave songs and they need credit and to be acknowledged.
I will shut up now I think! XD
dirty love.
In The Murder Scene
dirty love.
June 12th, 2007 at 06:00pm
Okay I wasn't finished! lol
I also think that the emotion in Bullets is different cos Gerard felt different at the time. [duhh] He was more angry. And if this makes sense, his voice changed with his emotions. It became more sort of softer and melodic. And as other people have said before, TBP is an album that most songs are easy to sing along to.
There's more...! lol
This may not be true and I'm sure it's not true for everyone on INO, but I think some fans are just TBP fans. Because it's easier to listen to if you don't pay that much attention to the lyrics, and I think it has attracted more teenies.
Right,, I think I really am done this time! =]
But BTW I'm not slagging off TBP. Even though over all it's my least favorite of the tghree, I love it and it has some of my all time fave songs on it.
dirty love.
In The Murder Scene
dirty love.
June 12th, 2007 at 06:01pm
bringMOREknives!:
^^ Yeah, bullets was beautiful BECAUSE it was so raw

Agreed =]
folkin' around.
Salute You in Your Grave
folkin' around.
June 12th, 2007 at 06:04pm
burnt ashes:
i noticed that ever since he bleached his hair, his voice has become more squeaky. maybe........its eliza's evil spell! joke. but, when he had longer hair it was more 'manly'. it still is, but its just changed.

Maybe some of that bleach leaked to his brain. Surprised
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 13th, 2007 at 10:20am
i see gerard's singing in TBP as more artistic than 3 cheers & bullets- it sounds like the style was purposely developed. Although it was TBP that got me into MCR without ever having heard their older stuff before, I love all 3 albums for the different styles- i must admit that TBP and 3 cheers is easier to listen but same as everyone else- the rawness in bullets really connects to the inside of me.
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
June 13th, 2007 at 03:00pm
His voice is great.
End of.
Wink
lyrical lies.
Always Born a Crime
lyrical lies.
June 13th, 2007 at 04:30pm
Yeaa it's sooo enchanting Very Happy
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
June 13th, 2007 at 05:14pm
i like his voice .. its just a little weard . sometimes when hes singing i feel like he has a cold .. or the way his voice sounds ... do you get me:p?
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
June 13th, 2007 at 05:18pm
MCR wanted to branch out with Black Parade. And that's fine. I hear lots of raw emotion when I listen to Bullets. My friend said, you won't like it, it's too screamo for you. But I did. Desert Song is the most spine-chilling song currently haunting my iPod. Even into Revenge, you hear emotion, but Bullets has the most. I think Gerard should try singing in a way that blends the styles of all Bullets and early Revenge. His screamo voice is way more emotional. For the next album, I hope they put Sister to Sleep, maybe release their covers on an EP, but, back on topic, yes, I liked Gerard in Bullets, but Revenge is my fave. Oh, and the Honey and Vampires videos sucked. (Get it, vampires, sucked...tough crowd.)
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
June 13th, 2007 at 05:22pm
HHAHAHA ..Get it vampires sucked ... get it . HAHAHAH!!
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
June 13th, 2007 at 11:09pm
I only wish Gerard's voice was as a good as it was live as it is on the records. I really want him to sing the chorus on House of Wolves w/o taking it down an octave of 2...
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
June 14th, 2007 at 12:10am
Ladysaw731:
I only wish Gerard's voice was as a good as it was live as it is on the records. I really want him to sing the chorus on House of Wolves w/o taking it down an octave of 2...
he's improving, though.

if he would quit smoking and drinking coffee, he'd be great.
lyrical lies.
Always Born a Crime
lyrical lies.
June 14th, 2007 at 04:47pm
Aha yeaa...he should really quit...it sucks that he still smokes..Sad
Angie Pansy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Angie Pansy
June 14th, 2007 at 04:56pm
I think that Gerard's voice matured with the music adn kinda mellowed out.....there's still some of that raw and hardcore screamer in there but I think they're all getting older and wanting to make more mellow music but still hard at the same time. He doesn't have as much anger towards the world like he did in Bullets,I think.
lyrical lies.
Always Born a Crime
lyrical lies.
June 15th, 2007 at 04:30pm
That sounds about right..Very HappyI would say I agree..