Don't have an account? Create one!

Is it just me, or is MCR becoming commercial?

AuthorMessage
Shotgun Sinner.
Fabulous Killjoy
Shotgun Sinner.
June 9th, 2007 at 06:20pm
I honestly don't think it matters how many records they've sold, how many fans they have, etc. You're a sellout if you're in it for fame, money, etc. They're in it for the right reasons.

I agree with aliss; paranoia..

Very well put.

So you all can have your fucked up opinions. But that is mine.
styles.
Awake and Unafraid
styles.
June 9th, 2007 at 06:23pm
Ipromise:
i am thankfull for TBP .. becuse that cd got me into them!

Same here.
And i think it's good how they've experimented with different styles of music.
I mean, most bands are always doing the same old thing (dont get me wrong they still can be good) but it just goes to show how talented MCR are.

Their capable of anything. And that's a good thing.
So in my opinion i dont think theres anything to be complaining about.
BroKeN_DeFeaTEdX
Jazz Hands
BroKeN_DeFeaTEdX
June 9th, 2007 at 09:18pm
I think their music right now is fine. Yeah, its different from there other albums, but i think its great, and like Gerard said, the band takes one big step ahead on each album, while making TBP, they took 3 big steps ahead in their music career. =]
MCR will always rock
we're pretty. odd.
Always Born a Crime
we're pretty. odd.
June 9th, 2007 at 09:34pm
Alissisonfire.:
The moment Gerard Way says ;
'I think I'll write a song about sex to fit in with all the other jerks out there'
Is the moment when we know My Chemical Romance have sold out.

Case motherfucking closed.

*claps*

You > Everyone here.
I.wish.i.wer.a.ghost
Motor Baby
I.wish.i.wer.a.ghost
June 9th, 2007 at 09:37pm
Ipromise:
aliss; paranoia.:
Does anybody actually know what sold out means ?

Sold out means where you write a song for the purpose of attracting a certain
group or youth. Selling out is NOT becoming big or selling loads of
CD's
, because in that case Evanescence and Slipknot sold out ages ago.
But they have not sold out. I don't think they ever will. Gerard is the man that
will never stop believing in himself and the band, because if he didn't, the band and
himself would not be here today. Or at least not making music together.

The moment Gerard Way says ;
'I think I'll write a song about sex to fit in with all the other jerks out there'

Culd not have sayed it better!!! thats just so right!!

i agree 2!!!!
eatme0990
Fabulous Killjoy
eatme0990
June 9th, 2007 at 09:40pm
I don't think they've sold out. They have become more mature as they have grown. You can still hear the original sound in the Black Parade. I like to think that "Dead!" is a more mature version of "Headfirst for Halos". They haven't sold out, until they start making crappy movies...*cough*KISS*cough* haha...
MCRnati
Fabulous Killjoy
MCRnati
June 9th, 2007 at 09:44pm
i agree with aliss. Very well put! MCR definately did not sell out :]
bringmoreknives_x
Fabulous Killjoy
bringmoreknives_x
June 9th, 2007 at 10:19pm

people change. its just a way of life. they haven't sold out, they've just grown up. -proud parent tears- :]
Ms. Vampire
Fabulous Killjoy
Ms. Vampire
June 9th, 2007 at 11:56pm
Well if you want to get down to it, they became commercial when MTV played the video for I'm Not Okay. That's when they were able to get their music out ot the general public.
deathwish
Fabulous Killjoy
deathwish
June 10th, 2007 at 12:10am
They have not sold out. They've justs changed. I would rather them put out different sounding cds. It doesnt mean they've sold out though.
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
June 10th, 2007 at 09:49am
Alissisonfire.:The moment Gerard Way says ;

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! they just wanted to change they're style a little. if we heard basically the same album over and over, dont you think that would be quite boring? O_o
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
June 10th, 2007 at 11:07am
i dont think so. the black parade is really really cool, just toned down, which was their goal wasnt it???theyre not afraid to play what THEY want to play, not what others want to hear and thats not sold out, thats originality and talent. like someone else said just because their sound changed doesnt mean their sold out, they were just trying something different, trying to keep us wondering about them, and entertained with them. i mean how boring would they get if they didnt change a little here and there??? i personally really like the black parade a lot,the concept is really really cool and to me its amazing how they put it all together. with every song telling a different story about death and the patient, yet the whole album is about life. before they woudnt be able to do that dont think. i do not think they are commercial at all, people who think they are just dont really get it. but thats just my opinion. though may i just say the black parade, to put it nicely, attracted new true mcr fans which is wonderful, and some fairly unwanted fans, which i really hate.
apocalypse suite.
Jazz Hands
apocalypse suite.
June 10th, 2007 at 11:10am
Alissisonfire.:The moment Gerard Way says ;

Couldn't have said it better myself.
MCR hasn't sold out, in my opinion.
They are just making the music that they want to make, and it's reaching a broader spectrum of people. Personally, I don't see any problem with that.
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
June 10th, 2007 at 11:10am
sorry sorry, i basically just said what fxmous-lxst-words said but i didnt mean to or know it, ha i guess great minds think alike!! muahaha
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
June 10th, 2007 at 11:24am
if you were with them from basically the beginning and love them, then them being commercial shouldn't matter. i don't listen to the radio to know how many times their sonf is played, and i don't pay attention to album sales.

and to be honest, no one else should either.
Freaxx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Freaxx
June 10th, 2007 at 12:06pm
They're not the same ,but they are still an amazing band.
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
June 10th, 2007 at 12:29pm
without the black parade, i wouldnt be on this site now. i wouldnt be so effin addicted to them. i knew about them cuz ppeople started talking about them when TBP came out.

and i like to think myself as a true fan which i think i am. my life is based around MCR.

once i heard songs from TBP, i wanted to know more about them, there songs, there albums, etc. and i did. and i know almost everything about them now. and i absolutely love all there songs and the actual guys.

which shows [to people who think TBP is commercial], that it can also bring true fans.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
June 10th, 2007 at 12:30pm
well mcr has been getting popular in many countrys,thats not a bad thing its really great for the band.Of course the band changed through out time because they wanted to and the fans grew to like there new stuff.They are being commerical but whoes to say thats a bad thing. there popularity is increasaing and there are more fans
apocalypse suite.
Jazz Hands
apocalypse suite.
June 10th, 2007 at 12:31pm
McrVamp:
without the black parade, i wouldnt be on this site now. i wouldnt be so effin addicted to them. i knew about them cuz ppeople started talking about them when TBP came out.

and i like to think myself as a true fan which i think i am. my life is based around MCR.

once i heard songs from TBP, i wanted to know more about them, there songs, there albums, etc. and i did. and i know almost everything about them now.

which shows [to people who think TBP is commercial], that it can also bring true fans.

I'm glad somebody finally brought that up, and I'm sad that it wasn't me who did.
I was a fan long before TBP, but McrVamp is right in saying that this newfound fame that MCR is observing can also bring true fans. Hasn't MCR always said that the goal of the band is to reach as many people as possible?
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
June 10th, 2007 at 12:34pm
everyone changes for heaven sakes. I dont cut myself or wear as much black I used to. Im not even as depressed a sI used to be but I DEFINATELY haven't and will NEVER sell out to be like everyone else